corner corner The P. Craig Russell Library of Opera Adaptations, Vol. 3

The P. Craig Russell Library of Opera Adaptations, Vol. 3
by P. Craig Russell | Graphic Novels
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Friday, August 04, 2006

status (set by AnonymousFinder): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Friday, August 04, 2006

This is another of Russell's handsomely illustrated re-tellings of the stories of great operas; this one includes adaptations of Pelleas & Melisande, Salome, Ein Heldentraum, and Cavalleria Rusticana. Since I wasn't familiar with any of the stories except for Salome, I got to discover them here, in addition to enjoying the lavish illustrations.

[To see other Russell books I've registered on BC, click here

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Main Street (see release notes for details) in Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Sunday, June 20, 2010

Released 4 yrs ago (6/20/2010 UTC) at Main Street (see release notes for details) in Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I stopped by the Farmers Market on the Main Street bridge at about 1:30 today [got some lovely kohlrabi and some garlic scapes], and decided to leave this book nearby, propped up at the base of the new woven-moose sculpture from this year's sculpture symposium (see photo). I figured the operatic and graphic arts could spend a little time with the sculptural ones! Hope the finder enjoys the book...

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I picked up this book after performing music for the Farmers' Market on Main Street, Nashua, NH on a Sunday afternoon about 2:15. Considering myself a "mature" 55 yr. old woman, graphic novels are not a part of my reading list, but the notion of a traveling book spoke to me and yelled "pick me up!" I thoroughly enjoyed the beautiful work of P. Craig Russell's hand and his operatic adaptations and released the book during a recent trip to Las Vegas, Nevada.