corner corner The Well of Lost Plots

The Well of Lost Plots
by Jasper Fforde | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by wingchocdropwing of Derby, Derbyshire United Kingdom on 8/4/2006

status (set by Flutterbies9): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by wingchocdropwing from Derby, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Friday, August 04, 2006

Picked up in a charity shop.

Synopsis:

"Thursday Next is in trouble. Deep trouble...
Pursued by a sinister multinational corporation and an evil genius with a penchant for clothes shopping and memory modification, literary detective Thursday Next is on the run. Not an ideal situation considering she's pregnant by her husband who is presently suffering a non-existence problem.

Taking refuge in the Well of Lost Plots - the place where all fiction is created - Thursday ponders her next move from inside an unpublisehd novel of dubious merit entitled Caversham Heights. But in Thursday's world, trouble is only ever a page away, and when a succession of Jurisfiction agents are killed, only one woman is up to the job of unmasking the villain responsible.

Will Thursday ever be able to enjoy the quiet life again, or is she about to lose the plot completely?"

Journal Entry 2 by wingchocdropwing at A RABCK SURPRISE!, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Friday, May 27, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (5/27/2011 UTC) at A RABCK SURPRISE!, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Posted to yorkshire-lass as a surprise RABCK as it was on her wishlist.

Journal Entry 3 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Saturday, May 28, 2011

What a lovely surprise, thank you!
Mt TBR has reached mountainous proportions and I do like to read series in order, so it may take me a little while to get to this, but it will be read and then passed on to another reader.

Journal Entry 4 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Sunday, December 30, 2012

Sorry it's taken me so long to get to this, I like to read series in order and my TBR pile is always so massive!
I really enjoyed this, it was fun to come across some of the characters from the Nursery Crime series and find out that series got started.
I'm lending this to a friend to read, then it will go to my son, it will come back to me to find a new home.

Journal Entry 5 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (3/19/2015 UTC) at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom

On its way as a surprise RABCK to Flutterbies9 who has it on her wishlist. Hope you enjoy it :-)

Journal Entry 6 by wingFlutterbies9wing at Meare, Somerset United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Many thanks. I also like to read things in series where I can (and it is one reason why I've always got a randomly large tbr) but I'm especially happy to receive the next three in the series now that I've read one and two of the series! Wonderfully generous of you.

Journal Entry 7 by wingFlutterbies9wing at Meare, Somerset United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 30, 2016

I had really wanted to read this series as a series in order and although there has been a break between books 2 and 3, I have managed this with many thanks to yorkshire-lass.

I like this romp around the literary giants with amusing asides and an ingenious totally surreal plot to boot. Brilliant, loved it and hope to find a worthy way to pass these on as you have. Again, many thanks.