corner corner Stupid White Men: ...and Other Sorry Excuses for the State of the Nation!

Stupid White Men: ...and Other Sorry Excuses for the State of the Nation!
by Michael Moore | Humor
Registered by wingkoekiebakwing of Tilburg, Noord-Brabant Netherlands on 8/4/2006

status (set by pimpop): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingkoekiebakwing from Tilburg, Noord-Brabant Netherlands on Friday, August 04, 2006

From the cover: "Stupid White Men tells you everything you need to know about how the great and the good screw us over. It reveals - among other things how 'President' Bush stole an election aided only by his brother, cousin, his dad's cronies, electoral fraud and tame judges; how the rich stay rich while forcing the rest of us to live in economic fear; and how politicians have whored themselves to big business. Not to mention providing fascinating details on just how stupid Bush is, a convincing case for male obsolescence and a fabulous new use for Whites Only signs!

A hilarious must-read for anyone who wants to know what the con is and how 'they' get away with it, Stupid White Men is only available uncensored because public pressure forced the original publishers to publish a book they felt was too hot to handle. Now it's time to find out why. It's so damn funny it'll make you cry."

Journal Entry 2 by wingkoekiebakwing from Tilburg, Noord-Brabant Netherlands on Sunday, September 03, 2006

You love him or you hate him. I like his bizar view on Amercan and American politics, although I do not believe everything he claims to be the truth. For those who like his movie "Bowling for Colombine" definitely a book to read.
Mr.K.

Journal Entry 3 by wingkoekiebakwing at Don't know yet!! in Barcelona, Barcelona Spain on Sunday, May 13, 2007

Released 11 yrs ago (5/13/2007 UTC) at Don't know yet!! in Barcelona, Barcelona Spain

Somewhere touristy between may 14th - 18th :)

Journal Entry 4 by pimpop on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Hi. Love the book. Thanks. Oddly enough I sort of guessed it would be a Dutch guy/gal who released this in the wild. And I was right! The bookcover says over and over this book is hilarious. I don't think it is. It's quite shocking and it makes me angry about 'the system' as it is in Amerika. Combined with a book a Dutch reporter wrote (Charles Groenhuijsen) it gives a good overview of the American politics and the American culture. Moore is a bit too 'Lefty' for me, blaming everything on the corporate institutions, but it's good that his arguments are heard. Best part of it is his 4-point-plan to stage a countercoup against the Republican domination. There he actually says: if you really want a change, run for office. Any office. It's easy.

CAUGHT IN BARCELONA BARCELONA SPAIN