corner corner The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency (No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency S.)

The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency (No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency S.)
by Alexander McCall Smith | Literature & Fiction
Registered by chocdrop of Derby, Derbyshire United Kingdom on 8/3/2006

status (set by Shahrun): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by chocdrop from Derby, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Thursday, August 03, 2006

Picked up in a charity shop.

Synopsis:

Wayward daughters. Missing husbands. Philandering partners. Curious conmen. If you've got a problem, and no one else can help you, then pay a visit to Precious Ramotswe, Botswana's only - and finest - female private detective.

Journal Entry 2 by chocdrop at on Saturday, January 08, 2011

I kept putting off reading this book as I didn't think that I would like it, but I'm glad I finally decided to give it a go. It's a lovely easy read. Precious Ramotswe is a charming character.

Journal Entry 3 by chocdrop at A RABCK!, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, January 08, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (1/8/2011 UTC) at A RABCK!, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Sending to redfox5 as it was on her wishlist.

Journal Entry 4 by wingredfox5wing at Sandhurst, Berkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, January 13, 2011

I've known about this book for years as my dad was reading the series. But I was being quiet narrow-minded with books at the time and thought I wouldn't like it. After seeing it crop up all the time on here and amazon. I decided to give it a go and put it on my wishlist. Thank you for sending this to me :)

Journal Entry 5 by wingredfox5wing at Camberley, Surrey United Kingdom on Monday, August 27, 2012

Why did I put off reading this for so long? Really enjoyed it. Loved Precious and Mr J. L. B. Matekoni, which made me very glad at the ending ;) Kinda like a bunch of mini mysteries. And I was pleased with myself for guessing something before Precious (I'm normaly rubbish at quessing even the most obvious of plots). I would like to read the rest of the series. On the wishlist they go! :)

Oh and I loved this quote "We are the ones who look after the men when they are little boys, when they are young men, and when they are old and about to die. We are always there. But we are just women, and nobody sees us."

Journal Entry 6 by wingredfox5wing at By Mail, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (8/28/2012 UTC) at By Mail, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Another book I've read which is on your wishlist, this happens alot to my with another bookcrosser but I think it may happen with you to now :) Enjoy!

Journal Entry 7 by Shahrun at Elephant & Castle, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, August 31, 2012

Woke up this evening (I'm excused as I am working the night shift this week), to find this amazing Wish Granting RABCK from the amazingly generous, most fabulous RedFox5!!! Thank you so much!!! You have made my day. I am slowly working my way towards reading Wolf Hall for you.