corner corner Guilty Pleasures (Anita Blake Vampire Hunter)

Guilty Pleasures (Anita Blake Vampire Hunter)
by Laurell K. Hamilton | Literature & Fiction
Registered by LeighBCD on 7/31/2006

status (set by LeighBCD): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by LeighBCD on Monday, July 31, 2006

I bought this book after listening to an interview with the author on one of my favourite podcasts, Bill Thompson's Eye on Books. I have read a lot of Anne Rice, plus I was a Buffy and Angel addict, so I thought I would give the Anita Baker series a try.

I read this book in a day. I have been off my reading lately and wanted a novel that would not tax my brain and would be a good story. Something to get me back into the reading mood. This book did the trick! There are some interesting ideas in this novel, I very much like the way Hamilton has taken a world that we know and slightly twisted reality so that it seems utterly normal that vampires, ghouls and wererats should be living among us. I liked it, the story is definitely gory and there are sexual undercurrents that some would find disturbing, but as a novel to pass some time away, it worked for me!

I will release this book into the wild although I will have to be careful about where I leave it!

Journal Entry 2 by LeighBCD at Green Park in Green Park, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, April 12, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (4/12/2007 UTC) at Green Park in Green Park, Greater London United Kingdom

Happy travels!