corner corner Giovanni's Room

Giovanni's Room
by James Baldwin | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingoofiriwing of Helsinki, Uusimaa Finland on Monday, July 24, 2006

status (set by DubaiReader): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingoofiriwing from Helsinki, Uusimaa Finland on Monday, July 24, 2006

"A story of a young American involved with both a woman and another man."

This book has spent far too long in my bookcase. To be released.

Journal Entry 2 by wingoofiriwing at Ravintola Vltava in Helsinki, Uusimaa Finland on Saturday, August 19, 2006

Released 7 yrs ago (8/19/2006 UTC) at Ravintola Vltava in Helsinki, Uusimaa Finland

Hesarin "kirjallisessa ensiapulaatikossa"

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Saturday, August 26, 2006

Caught at ravintola Vltava. I read it and loved the little French comments in between. To be released later today to one of Hesari's "kirjallinen ensiapulaatikko".

CAUGHT IN HELSINKI FINLAND

Journal Entry 4 by snuudeli at Helsinki, Uusimaa Finland on Saturday, May 05, 2012

It's been ages since I read this and I just found it in my bookshelf. To be released at Kierrätystehdas (Kaapelitehdas) today.

Journal Entry 5 by snuudeli at Kaapelitehdas / Cable Factory, Tallberginkatu 1C in Helsinki, Uusimaa Finland on Saturday, May 05, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (5/5/2012 UTC) at Kaapelitehdas / Cable Factory, Tallberginkatu 1C in Helsinki, Uusimaa Finland

To be released at the Kierrätystehdas event.

Journal Entry 6 by kirjakko at Helsinki, Uusimaa Finland on Sunday, May 06, 2012

Left-overs from the Cable Factory, will continue its journey to the Street Festival of Arabia next Saturday. I just had to see where the book has been since 2006...
Edit: Noticed it's on Bloedengel's wishlist. Might tag her instead.

Journal Entry 7 by kirjakko at Vorselaar, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Thursday, July 05, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (6/29/2012 UTC) at Vorselaar, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium

I've forgotten to make release notes. My address list says Vosselaar, but there is no such place according to the release list and Vorselaar was the closest I could find. Off to Bloedengel anyhow!

Journal Entry 8 by wingBloedengelwing at Turnhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Wednesday, July 11, 2012

That's quite funny as Vorselaar is a village close by, some 20 km's and you don't want to know (due to the one letter difference) people ask for a road in the other village, on my doorstep :)

Thanks anyway for tagging me with this bookshelfhider. I'll catch it in time, and kick it back on its journey again !

Journal Entry 9 by wingBloedengelwing at Turnhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Monday, October 22, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (10/22/2012 UTC) at Turnhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium

This book is on the 1001-list deservedly !
It 's a great read. Not very light, even if the volume suggests so.
I was in doubt on whether or not to read 'go tell it on the mountain', but I'm all into Baldwin now !
A must have read , definetely.
Now travelling to Dubai ... as dubaireader requested it from a VBB.

Journal Entry 10 by DubaiReader at Dubai, Dubai United Arab Emirates on Monday, November 05, 2012

Thanks to Bloedengel for sending this, and to all those of you who have already passd it along. It looks interesting, I hadn't realised that it was on the 1001 list so that's a bonus :)