corner corner The Black Echo

The Black Echo
by Michael Connelly | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by RedDahlia of Folkestone, Kent United Kingdom on 7/16/2006

status (set by ReetPetite): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by RedDahlia from Folkestone, Kent United Kingdom on Sunday, July 16, 2006

TBR

Journal Entry 2 by RedDahlia from Folkestone, Kent United Kingdom on Sunday, July 30, 2006

This is the first book in the Harry (Hieronymus) Bosch detective series. Just got to get hold of the second book next and then I can wade through the series in order. I have a few of them on my shelf.

It was quite a good story. Harry works along side FBI Agent Eleanor Wish to crack an old crime into a bank vault which has links with a present day murder of a fellow tunnel rat from the Vietnam war.

Journal Entry 3 by LadyGraye on Saturday, November 18, 2006

Picke up today at the Notts bookcrossers meet. I was surprised to read that it was released 2 months ago.I don`t recall it from the last meet being in the shelf.Maybe someone took it,read it and returned it but never journalled it?

Journal Entry 4 by LadyGraye at Mansfield, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Sunday, September 25, 2011

I found this book abit of a chore towards the end unfortunatly. I only persevered because i was so far through it!
I enjoyed the references to the Vietnam war and to the tunnel rats in particular.
The character Bosch is a total rebel when it comes to fitting in with the police departments expectations but after a while this makes his actions rather predictable.
I don't think Michael Connelly achieved anything that hasn't already been done before with this book.

Journal Entry 5 by LadyGraye at Divine Cafe in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Friday, October 14, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (10/15/2011 UTC) at Divine Cafe in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom

To be taken to the Notts bookcrossers meet up.

Journal Entry 6 by wingchocdropwing at Derby, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Saturday, October 15, 2011

Picked up at the Nottingham meet-up.

Journal Entry 7 by wingchocdropwing at Derby, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Saturday, November 19, 2011

I enjoyed this book. I have never read anything by Michael Connelly before, but I'll probably pick up more of his books if I come across them.

Journal Entry 8 by wingchocdropwing at Divine Cafe in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Saturday, November 19, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (11/19/2011 UTC) at Divine Cafe in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom

Taking to the Nottingham meet-up. Will be left on the bookshelf if not picked up.

Journal Entry 9 by wingReetPetitewing at Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Saturday, January 21, 2012

Picked up to release.

Journal Entry 10 by wingReetPetitewing at BookMooch.com, BookMooch.com -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, January 29, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (1/29/2012 UTC) at BookMooch.com, BookMooch.com -- Controlled Releases

going to a bookmoocher