corner corner Chronicle of the Unsung

Chronicle of the Unsung
by Martin Edmond | Biographies & Memoirs
Registered by wingalkaline-kiwiwing of Auckland, Auckland Province New Zealand on Sunday, July 16, 2006

status (set by lizard2222): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingalkaline-kiwiwing from Auckland, Auckland Province New Zealand on Sunday, July 16, 2006

Bought at the Greymouth Book-A-Rama.

I thought this looked quite interesting for a number of reasons. Those being that it is by a NZ author, it is about their life and also that it deals with their life in different places around the world.

Journal Entry 2 by wingalkaline-kiwiwing from Auckland, Auckland Province New Zealand on Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Not only does this book look at the author's life but also gives information into the lives of other people in history. Both which make for interesting reading.

My favourite part of the book was when Martin and his friend went to Fiji to scout locations for a film they'd pitched and were hoping to shoot there. I enjoyed the descriptions of the places and people that they encountered there, alongside the snippets about people in Fiji's history.

Not everyone would like this book and while I enjoyed it its not a book I would probably read again.

Am wrapping this book up for the convention to go on the wrapped book table.

Journal Entry 3 by wingfuturecatwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Monday, February 19, 2007

Picked up from the secret book exchange. Nice to get a book from a NZ author.

^ ^
=+=

Journal Entry 4 by wingfuturecatwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Unfortunately, I didn't enjoy this book at all. It took me months to read it, purely because I found it so boring, and kept putting it aside in favour of more interesting tomes (i.e. pretty much anything else on my bookshelf). Some of the stories about the "unsung heroes" of the title were mildly interesting, but the author kept trying to compare his own life to theirs, with the effect of making him seem even more of a loser than he was already coming across as.

Oh well, it's a good thing we've all got different tastes, or authors like Martin Edmond would never sell any books :-)

^ ^
=+=

Journal Entry 5 by wingfuturecatwing at Trattorie Cafe (OBCZ) in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Monday, November 12, 2007

Released 6 yrs ago (11/10/2007 UTC) at Trattorie Cafe (OBCZ) in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

Journal Entry 6 by lizard2222 at Christchurch, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- New Zealand on Saturday, October 30, 2010

Found this book a bit strange, not my type of reading, but was interesting from the history he inserted. He went off on quite a few tangents and it was hard in parts to see how he made connections from his life to the biographies he was reading, though to him they probably made perfect sense.