corner corner In My Father's Den

In My Father's Den
by Maurice Gee | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wombles of Caboolture, Queensland Australia on 7/16/2006

status (set by queball): available

Journal Entry 1 by wombles from Caboolture, Queensland Australia on Sunday, July 16, 2006

I have been looking for this book (and movie) for a while after it being mentioned by another Bookcrosser when I was in New Zealand.
A student is found murdered and her teacher is blamed for it.

I will read this then pass it on to Aleonblue next.

Journal Entry 2 by aleonblue from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Saturday, August 05, 2006

Wombles kindly gave me this book which was on my wishlist. I enjoyed the movie version a couple of years ago, so really look forward to reading the book. Thanks Wombles!!

Journal Entry 3 by aleonblue from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Monday, January 01, 2007

This was asn interesting book, and although quite different to the movie, I can see where the movie came from.

THanks so much for passing the book my way Wombles - it's now off on an overseas jaunt to Germany for a BookCrosser who is keen to read this book.

Journal Entry 4 by aleonblue at A fellow BXer in Aussie Post, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Monday, January 01, 2007

Released 11 yrs ago (1/1/2007 UTC) at A fellow BXer in Aussie Post, RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Sending this book as a RABCK to Mojitopt in Germany. Hope you enjoy it!

Journal Entry 5 by mojitopt on Thursday, January 11, 2007

Had this book in my post box yesterday. Thanks to aleonblue for sending it! A book from my shelf is on its way down under... I have seen the film and wanted to read the book, but it was difficult to get here in Europe.

Journal Entry 6 by mojitopt on Sunday, March 02, 2008

Read this book last summer, but forgot to journal my thoughts. It was a compelling reading experience, and I still have very lively images in my mind, which the story created. Recommended.

Journal Entry 7 by mojitopt at CVJM in Hamburg - St. Georg, Hamburg Germany on Monday, May 12, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (5/30/2008 UTC) at CVJM in Hamburg - St. Georg, Hamburg Germany

To be released at the Hambook 2008 event

Journal Entry 8 by lady-liberty from Coburg, Bayern Germany on Sunday, July 13, 2008

Ach du liebe Zeit, jetzt ist noch ein Bücherstapel aufgetaucht, den wir (shopgirl-NY152 und ich) uns in Hamburg bei Hambook unter den Nagel gerissen haben und der noch gar nicht ordentlich "verbucht" wurde. Sorry, sorry, sorry, soll nicht wieder vorkommen. :-)

Gosh, there are some more books we caught in Hamburg during Hambook, shopgirl-NY152 and me, which didn't get a journal entry yet - sorry!

Sounds like an interesting reading. Thanks!

Journal Entry 9 by lady-liberty from Coburg, Bayern Germany on Tuesday, October 06, 2009

One year later: Finally I read this book and I'm really impressed, cause I never saw the movie nor have I ever heard about Maurice Gee. And - one more point - books from New Zealand are rare in Europe! More than once I had a look at the map of NZ to get an idea where the places of the story were located.

The book was quite good (although usually I'm not a fan of crime) and I hope to find more from this author. Thanks for sharing this impressing novel with us!

Actually I read In My Father's Den for two challenges: Reduce the MtTBR (theme in October is "buildings") and 1-year-1-country.

What's next:
queball likes English books, holle77 wants to be added to the list and I'm sure Shopgirl-NY152 will be interested in reading it, too.

Journal Entry 10 by queball from Coburg, Bayern Germany on Friday, November 13, 2009

Hm. bin ich nicht so richtig reingekommen, ist aber sicher nicht schlecht. Einfach persönliche Vorliebe...

Geht zum meet-up in Coburg und darf gelesen werden.