corner corner Judas Unchained

Judas Unchained
by Peter F. Hamilton | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by WistfulDragon of Streatham, Greater London United Kingdom on 7/15/2006

status (set by UrbanSpaceman): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by WistfulDragon from Streatham, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, July 15, 2006

Read Pandora's Star first, or you'll never get the full benefit of this sequel! Hamilton's work is brilliant, with a detailed society, complex plots and counter plots, superbly intricate scenarios and characters you feel you would recognise if you met them in the street. Or rather some part of the Intersolar Commonwealth...

I'm only part way through this book so haven't given it a rating yet (not sure if it will be a nine or a ten!), but I know where it's going next, having persuaded UrbanSpaceman to take Pandora's Star at the meet on Tuesday. So I'm setting it as reserved.

Journal Entry 2 by WistfulDragon from Streatham, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Well, I've decided - it's a ten! Some things I had guessed, a lot more I hadn't, and the end point is very satisfactory; a lot wrapped up but some new avenues opening. Enjoy, US!

Journal Entry 3 by UrbanSpaceman from Kingston upon Thames, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 09, 2006

From WistfulDragon at the London Meetup last night. It's the sequel to Pandora's Star (also given to me by WD and is TBR). Combined, that is 2117 pages of reading! It's a good thing I'm on holiday for a few weeks...

Journal Entry 4 by UrbanSpaceman from Kingston upon Thames, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Phew! That was a rollercoaster ride of a book, for sure. All the comments I made for the prequel, Pandora's Star (http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/2758919) apply to this one.

The only thing I would revise, is that maybe reading them back-to-back is not such a wonderful idea after all. Although the details of the first are still fresh in one's mind, the two book are both sufficiently enthralling that very little else gets a look in while you are reading them and they are sufficiently full of thrills-and-spills that you are shattered and not a little relieved to get to the finish line.

Thanks again to WD far passing them both on to me. Time to go and rejoin the 'real world'. :)