corner corner Agatha Raisin and the Perfect Paragon

Agatha Raisin and the Perfect Paragon
by M.C. Beaton | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by Mastulela of Nuneaton, Warwickshire United Kingdom on Sunday, July 16, 2006

status (set by sunlightbub): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Mastulela from Nuneaton, Warwickshire United Kingdom on Sunday, July 16, 2006

Pre-numbered label used for registration.

Another Agatha Raisin mystery. Robert Smedley asks Agatha to prove that his wife is cheating on him. Unfortunately Agatha is at a low ebb, and despite her dislike of divorce cases, takes this one on. But Mabel Smedley appears to be the perfect wife, and it is her husband who is doing the cheating! Before long there are three murders, and the Raisin detective Agency has to take on new employees . . .

Journal Entry 2 by Mastulela from Nuneaton, Warwickshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Postal release as RABCK to Glitterlover :).

Journal Entry 3 by GlitterLover from Leyland, Lancashire United Kingdom on Saturday, September 16, 2006

Thanks so much. I have only just discovered this series and really like them in an easy read kind of way.
I will be reading it after I finish the new Bill Bryson. Cheers me dear!

Journal Entry 4 by GlitterLover from Leyland, Lancashire United Kingdom on Friday, September 29, 2006

I had really enjoyed the first ones I read but this one, which is several down the line in the series was a real let down. You get a strong sense that the author has been promised money if they produce 15 a year and so they are churning out the stories. A shame because the characters and plots have a definate appeal.
I will put this up for grabs on the UK BX list if that is OK.
Thanks very much for the RABCK... XX

Journal Entry 5 by GlitterLover from Leyland, Lancashire United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Sending this off today as a surprise extra in with another Agatha book...

Journal Entry 6 by Caterinaanna from Coventry, West Midlands United Kingdom on Saturday, December 02, 2006

But they were both surprises! I'm sure GlitterLover didn't contact me about the 'other Agatha book' but recycled my address from an earlier ring.

Many thanks therefore, looking forward to both.

The one book to go through before them is somewhat heavier, but much safer for reading during the week!

Journal Entry 7 by Caterinaanna from Coventry, West Midlands United Kingdom on Thursday, December 07, 2006

I've now read 3, 4, 2 and 16 - in that order! So I finish one book to find Agatha's about to marry James in spite of a possibly still extant husband, then pick up the next to find the whole marriage has been and gone and she's turned from amateur sleuth into employer! Glad to find she's still as insecure and irrational when it comes to her love life though - makes me feel so much more competent!

I will follow the lead and keep this one travelling too...

Journal Entry 8 by Caterinaanna at RABCK in Mailed to fellow bookcrosser, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, December 09, 2006

Released 8 yrs ago (12/9/2006 UTC) at RABCK in Mailed to fellow bookcrosser, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases

On its way with another Agatha Raisin book, passing on the RABCK.

Journal Entry 9 by wingcandy-is-dandywing from Great Bardfield, Essex United Kingdom on Wednesday, December 13, 2006

This was a case of expect 1 get 1 free. Thanks CaterinaAnna - arrived with Agatha R & the Walkers of Dembley for which I am on a ring.

Journal Entry 10 by wingcandy-is-dandywing from Great Bardfield, Essex United Kingdom on Tuesday, July 08, 2008

I'm sending this for an exchange to someone who has this on their wish-list.

Journal Entry 11 by sunlightbub from Wallasey, Merseyside United Kingdom on Friday, July 11, 2008

Yay!! THe Next one I need to read...an now I have all the ones I need that are currently available!!!

Journal Entry 12 by sunlightbub from Wallasey, Merseyside United Kingdom on Sunday, July 13, 2008

Yes, well, that didn't queue jump did it!!
Another corker from Agatha...did work out whodunnit, but did suspect everyone at some point during the book..Would quite like the next murderers ( or victims!) to be the Boggles or the Wong parents!!
Will probably RABCK this to othe AR fans..Thanks CiD!