corner corner Man and Boy

Man and Boy
by Tony Parsons | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingEdwardstreetwing of Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on 7/9/2006

status (set by sgjim): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingEdwardstreetwing from Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Sunday, July 09, 2006

Wonderful tale of the perils and joys of solo parenthood

Journal Entry 2 by Lizzie-P at An interesting place for a book. in A random spot along the way, -- Not a city, Geographical features, etc. -- New Zealand on Monday, October 02, 2006

Released 10 yrs ago (10/2/2006 UTC) at An interesting place for a book. in A random spot along the way, -- Not a city, Geographical features, etc. -- New Zealand

Quite enjoyed this book. Thought the guy felt a bit sorry for himself

Journal Entry 3 by Sherlockfan from Upper Hutt, Wellington Province New Zealand on Monday, October 02, 2006

Somehow this book migrated from its "interesting spot" into The Black Harp, an Irish-themed pub in Featherston Street where it joined a meet-up / social gathering to introduce a travelling BookCrosser, Sally906 from Darwin. She and her husband are travelling in NZ at present with no space/weight for extra books so despite my resolution not to collect anything more than the two that Sally brought across for me I gathered up this one.

Great evening. As well as the travellers we had Lizzie-P with her spouse -newly joined Techshed-, EdwardStreet, DiscoveryLover, me and my spouse MrFan, not a BC-er.

Journal Entry 4 by Sherlockfan from Upper Hutt, Wellington Province New Zealand on Thursday, October 12, 2006

Not my usual sort of book but then that is what BookCrossing has done for me, introducing me to genre that I'd otherwise not pick from.
Really enjoyed the book; liked the characters and thought that the author handled the scenes with and language of children very well.

It was interesting how much influence the early childhood years of Harry and Gina had on the separate ways each dealt with Harry's initial lapse.
Many personal feelings were aroused as I read, and a few tears shed along the way.

A nice lightweight book to pop in my suitcase for Adelaide.

Journal Entry 5 by sarahbear from St Helens, Tasmania Australia on Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Picked up at the book swap at the Adelaide Bookcrossing Convention. Thanks for sharing.

Actually I grabbed this one off the swap table after listening to littlemaeve speak so passionately about it.

Journal Entry 6 by sarahbear from St Helens, Tasmania Australia on Saturday, December 09, 2006

I really enjoyed this book on so many different levels. So many times I came close to crying, lumps in the throat kind of stuff. Heart wrenching. I just wanted to reach out and hug Pat so many times. I enjoyed the fact that there were two father and son stories being played out. The story in general appealed to me on many levels. I am so glad I was able to read this after hearing Claire speak so passionately about it. I am rating it 9 out of 10.

Journal Entry 7 by sarahbear from St Helens, Tasmania Australia on Sunday, December 10, 2006

Aussie Bookray

Please try to move the book along to the next reader within 4 weeks of receiving it.

1. frangipani08
2. bargainqueen
3. freelunch
4. livrecache

Journal Entry 8 by frangipani08 from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Received today from sarahbear with another surprise book. Will read next when I finish Atlantis.

An enjoyable read but I was a bit let down at the end when he went back to his mother. An honest and heartfelt book - parenting isn't easy is it!!

Journal Entry 9 by frangipani08 from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Saturday, January 06, 2007

Sent to bargainqueen, thanks sarahbear for sharing.Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Journal Entry 10 by bargainqueen from North Lakes, Queensland Australia on Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Received safely today together with one other. Really looking forward to reading it after Littlemave's passionate speech!!! Should easily be able to move it on within 4 weeks, will keep you updated.

Journal Entry 11 by bargainqueen from North Lakes, Queensland Australia on Monday, January 15, 2007

Hm, just finished this last night and not sure what to think. I liked the writing style and I felt for the characters, but somehow there were things missing for me. Maybe it's because I expect all divorces to have some sort of similarity with my parents'. It just didn't seem realistic from that point of view. I also didn't like the ending much, because the whole book was so true to life and then the ending reminded me of 1980's Hollywood.
Having said all that, I would still recommend it and thought it was a nice read. Pming freelunch now. Thank you for sharing!

Journal Entry 12 by freelunch from Cairns, Queensland Australia on Monday, January 22, 2007

received today, thanks bargainqueen and sarahbear :o)

placed at the top of my TBRs so I should get started on it this week.

Journal Entry 13 by freelunch from Cairns, Queensland Australia on Monday, January 29, 2007

I just finished reading this and thoroughly enjoyed it. Someone above mentioned the "Hollywood Ending" which was a bit jarring, but I guess life can work out that way sometimes. I've already tracked down another copy for my wife to read (something I seem to be doing with most of the bookring books that pass through my hands)

to be sent on to livrecache by the end of the week.

Journal Entry 14 by livrecache from Hobart, Tasmania Australia on Monday, February 05, 2007

Received today, thank you freelunch. Australia Post arrived at my place after 7pm with with your package of books, plus another. Either they think I am very important, or the organisation has lifted its game somewhat.

Thanks for sharing, sarahbear -- I already have one of your rings in my possession. I will be quick, I will be quick . . .

Oh, this one's a ray. No pressure. Fantastic!

Journal Entry 15 by livrecache from Hobart, Tasmania Australia on Friday, May 04, 2007

I'm way beyond the weeks allocated for receiving this book and passing it on, but worry not, I shall!

Journal Entry 16 by livrecache from Hobart, Tasmania Australia on Thursday, August 16, 2007

I''ve acquired another copy of this book, so I''ll pass it on as I hate sitting on BC books.

Thanks to all who have been involved in the journey so far.

Journal Entry 17 by livrecache at mail box in -- Controlled Release, Victoria Australia on Sunday, August 19, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (8/19/2007 UTC) at mail box in -- Controlled Release, Victoria Australia

Sent to convenors of Melbourne Convention October 2007

Journal Entry 18 by MelbCon from Melbourne, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Gratefully received, to be released at the convention in October. Thanks from the convention committee.

Journal Entry 19 by running-gal at Adelaide, South Australia Australia on Monday, August 09, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (8/9/2010 UTC) at Adelaide, South Australia Australia

Releasing at August 2010 Meetup, all part of demolishing Mt To-Be-Read so I can go travelling

Journal Entry 20 by sgjim at Bus stop 1, King William Road (northbound) in Wayville, South Australia Australia on Thursday, October 13, 2011

Released 5 yrs ago (10/13/2011 UTC) at Bus stop 1, King William Road (northbound) in Wayville, South Australia Australia

No one else wanted this one at the monthly Adelaide Book Crossing meet-up (where we meet to swap books and so on), so I took it for wild releasing!