corner corner Must Love Dogs

by Claire Cook | Romance
Registered by Bookish-Angel on 7/5/2006

status (set by StinaRy): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Bookish-Angel on Wednesday, July 05, 2006

A light, quick read that was better than the film.

Off to Trekwoman in trade.

Journal Entry 2 by trekwoman on Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Arrived safely packed in a BC release bag (and a Nike box) this morning. Unpacked the book, then went out to deliver some misdirected mail to a neighbor and met HER dog.

Aww.

I'm hoping this book will be wonderful, charming and funny. I shook it but unfortunately John Cusak didn't fall out. Oh, well, a girl can't have everything.

Journal Entry 3 by trekwoman on Saturday, July 15, 2006

Sat outside this morning in the shade of the big tree to read. Laughed uproariously in places, nodded in empathy elsewhere. I was surprised by a few of the character's actions but overall, I enjoyed this.

Journal Entry 4 by wingwell-chilledwing from Eagle River, Alaska USA on Wednesday, August 09, 2006

This came today as part of my Zodiac prize package, along with the Mythology of Cats. I look forward to reading both. Thank you Trekwoman

Journal Entry 5 by wingwell-chilledwing from Eagle River, Alaska USA on Saturday, August 12, 2006

I was a naughty girl. I was supposed to be reading the Virgin Queen for a ring/ray, but after Why do Men Have Nipples? I needed something light and fun. Not the Nipple book was heavy, by any means, but I wanted something that would pull me along for the ride, not something I'd have to drag out.
Anyway. I enjoyed the book quite a bit. I knew she shouldn't go for that guy, she'd regret it, but still rooted for her when she did. I feel bad for Michael. I'd be interested in a sequel just to see what happens with him. And Dolly, what a .. a... I don't even know. Good grief! I'd also like to know more about Dad and Mom's marriage-it seemed she was deluded, judging by her siblings reactions to things. And what happens with Siobhan? And Mother Teresa? Sorry if this is all a bit vague, trying not to spoil things. Anyway, guess I wouldn't mind a sequel. I think I'll offer this up as a ray. It was cute and fun. And that Austin! What a character.

Journal Entry 6 by wingwell-chilledwing at -- By Post or Hand, Ray/ring, Meet-up,Rabck in Fairbanks, Alaska USA on Wednesday, August 23, 2006

This is going to dietcokemama for the first leg of it's ray. Hope you all enjoy it.

Journal Entry 7 by wingwell-chilledwing at -- By Post or Hand, Ray/ring, Meet-up,Rabck in Fairbanks, Alaska USA on Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Released 11 yrs ago (8/23/2006 UTC) at -- By Post or Hand, Ray/ring, Meet-up,Rabck in Fairbanks, Alaska USA

Journal Entry 8 by dietcokemama from Beverly, Massachusetts USA on Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The book arrived in the mail today. I'm halfway through a book now and this is the next TBR.

Journal Entry 9 by dietcokemama from Beverly, Massachusetts USA on Thursday, August 31, 2006

Finished the book in the wee hours this morning. It was a light, fun read. In some ways I could really identify with Sarah, but it made me really glad that I'm not single.
I'm awaiting info on the next participant and then I'll send it on it's way.
Thanks well-chilled for offfering this book!

Journal Entry 10 by dietcokemama from Beverly, Massachusetts USA on Tuesday, September 12, 2006

This book is finally on it's way! Sorry I didn't get it out sooner, but last week was crazy here.

Journal Entry 11 by Caridad from Miami, Florida USA on Saturday, September 16, 2006

OMG! 4th bookring I have received this week. Looks like fun, so I know I will get to it soon.

Journal Entry 12 by Caridad from Miami, Florida USA on Wednesday, September 20, 2006

As a single female in my 40's knowing a lot of other single females, I could really relate to this story. It was a great time sucker. It would probaly depress my other single friends - LOL!

Journal Entry 13 by Caridad from Miami, Florida USA on Thursday, September 21, 2006

Forwarding to jenn7747

Journal Entry 14 by GNI-676556 on Sunday, October 01, 2006

Rec'd in the mail yesterday, but forgot to journal until today. Will take with me on my commute tomorrow.

Journal Entry 15 by GNI-676556 on Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A quick read, which was good for me. I wasn't terribly intrigued by the premise or the content, but it was pretty fluffy and I liked some of the characters. Passing this on to the next person when I get their address.

Also wanted to put the shipping order on here since it took me a while to track down who should get this book next.

dietcokemama
caridad
jenn747
malgo
bibliocrates

Journal Entry 16 by GNI-676556 at Bookray in BOOKRAY, Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, October 14, 2006

Released 10 yrs ago (10/14/2006 UTC) at Bookray in BOOKRAY, Bookray -- Controlled Releases

Sent to Malgo, the next bookcrosser in this ray. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 17 by Malgo on Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Got this in the mail today and can't wait to read it!
Thanks Jen especially for listing the people in the ray I would have had to ask how to do it hehehe..

Lou

Journal Entry 18 by Malgo at Another BookCrosser by Mail in - By post or by hand/ in person -, Québec Canada on Saturday, November 04, 2006

Released 10 yrs ago (11/5/2006 UTC) at Another BookCrosser by Mail in - By post or by hand/ in person -, Québec Canada

This book is off on it's next adventure.
I enjoyed it, was a really fast read!
Lou

Journal Entry 19 by Bibliocrates from Fort Collins, Colorado USA on Monday, November 20, 2006

This book arrived today with some very cute stickers of a dog and a cat on the package. Thanks for sending it my way Malgo. It looks like it will be quick and easy to read. I will have to check and see if this book is on anyone's wishlist since I am last on this ray.

Journal Entry 20 by Bibliocrates from Fort Collins, Colorado USA on Saturday, December 23, 2006

What an adorable book. It was sweet and funny, gently poking fun at how pathetic single life can be. Funnily, the novel ended around the Christmas holiday, being only a couple of days away.

Thanks for including me in this ray well-chilled. I have decided to continue the ray starting with Bug2004. I will pass it along after the holidays.

Bug2004
boirina
Ftarazu
Sissyrun
esq228

Journal Entry 21 by Bibliocrates from Fort Collins, Colorado USA on Tuesday, December 26, 2006

THE 2006 KEEP THEM MOVING CHALLENGE
Release #8

This book is on its way to Bug2004 to continue the ray originally organized by well-chilled. I hope you all enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 22 by Bug2004 from Omaha, Nebraska USA on Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Re'cvd the book today. Can't wait to get started! Thanks for sending it my way!!!

Journal Entry 23 by Bug2004 from Omaha, Nebraska USA on Monday, February 19, 2007

What a fun, easy read. No real depth, but that's always nice once in a while!! As always seems to be the case, the book was better than the movie. :) Enjoyed it!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

I will get it off in the mail by the end of this week. :)

Journal Entry 24 by Bug2004 from Omaha, Nebraska USA on Wednesday, March 07, 2007

So sorry for the delay!!!! The book has been mailed off to boirina in Portugal!!! Safe travels!!!

Journal Entry 25 by boirina from Calvià, Illes Balears/Islas Baleares Spain on Monday, March 12, 2007

The book got here safely today.
Thanks for sharing it!

Journal Entry 26 by boirina from Calvià, Illes Balears/Islas Baleares Spain on Thursday, April 12, 2007

It has been a nice, entertaining read.

I've sent it to Ftarazu today. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 27 by Ftarazu from Ovar, Aveiro Portugal on Monday, April 16, 2007

It was in the mailbox when I arrived from a small trip...
I have two books in front of this one but I will try to read it asap!

Journal Entry 28 by Ftarazu from Ovar, Aveiro Portugal on Monday, April 30, 2007

Its a easy, light read. I had seen the movie but as always, the book is funnier. It was good to have a book so easy to read. And Im glad Im not single, its not an easy life…

Waiting for an address!

23/05/07 - It was only sent today. Sorry for the delay!

Journal Entry 29 by Sissyrun from Modesto, California USA on Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Arrived safely today in California. This book had quite a journey from Portugal. Getting ready to start reading it right away. Setting up the hammock, got my chilled water, and now, page 1.

Journal Entry 30 by Sissyrun from Modesto, California USA on Thursday, June 14, 2007

This was a fun light read. I saw the movie a while back so I pictured the actors' faces with the book characters. I think the author did a good job relating to us what we go through at the age when we find ourselves alone. I'm 46, married 26 yrs and we have no kids. I shudder to think of having to get out in the dating game should something go awry.
I loved the whole family, qwerks and all. Thanks for allowing me to join this ray.

Book mailed today to esq228.

Journal Entry 31 by StinaRy from Long Beach, California USA on Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Received today & just in time as I just finished another bookray book.
Thanks!

Journal Entry 32 by StinaRy from Long Beach, California USA on Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Just finished. I thought it was a light and easy read and was definitely better than the movie but I wasn't particularly excited by it either. As this was a bookRAY, I will likely release it into the wild unless someone else would like to have it, or unless bibliocrates would like it back. Check here for an update soon. :)

Journal Entry 33 by StinaRy at Lobby of 150 JFK Parkway in Short Hills, New Jersey USA on Monday, August 06, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (8/6/2007 UTC) at Lobby of 150 JFK Parkway in Short Hills, New Jersey USA