corner corner Rapture in Death (#4 In Death )

Rapture in Death (#4 In Death )
by J. D. Robb, Nora Roberts | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by NeedSun of Perth Road, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, July 04, 2006

status (set by CandyDarling): available

Journal Entry 1 by NeedSun from Perth Road, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, July 04, 2006

From Publishers Weekly
The year is 2056. mood-altering drugs are legal, prostitution is licensed, virtual-reality games have replaced TV sets for entertainment and New York supercop Eve Dallas continues her sleuthing in Robb's fourth installment in the Death series (Naked in Death, Glory in Death, etc.). This time around, Eve has married her soul mate, Roarke, and is caught up in the puzzling suicide of a technician who's been working on Roarke's unfinished space resort. The young tech, Eve learns, had cheerfully hanged himself after a VR trip. Back on Earth, autopsies from two similar suicides reveal a pin-sized burn on the brains of the victims. All clues point to a deadly subliminal message in a VR toy?one that Roarke produces. This is sexy, gritty, richly imagined suspense. The fact that it is written by Nora Roberts under the pseudonym J.D. Robb is a tribute to her versatility.

This was the third "in Death" book in a row and it may have been one too many. I had a hard time staying with it and the ending was predictible. The next one is on it's way to me so I am going to take a break for a while from Dallas and Roarke.

Journal Entry 2 by NeedSun from Perth Road, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Gave to WatersideKatt

Journal Entry 3 by WatersideKatt from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Thursday, August 31, 2006

I absolutely loved this book even more then the previous books in this series. Perhaps because I had some time between readings. I found it kept me guessing almost until the end. Will return to NeedSun in person.

Journal Entry 4 by NeedSun from Perth Road, Ontario Canada on Monday, September 25, 2006

home again...thanks Katt

Journal Entry 5 by NeedSun from Perth Road, Ontario Canada on Sunday, October 15, 2006

I am going to start a book spiral for the first four books in this series. Probably as I get more of the books, I'll continue with the same participants if they are still interested.

dutch-flybabe--->Netherlands/Europe(Int if necessary - surface)
Morgaine77--->Switzerland/Europe(Int if necessary)
CandyDarling--->Finland/int

Sent to dutch-flybabe by airmail on Sunday, Oct 29

Journal Entry 6 by dutch-flybabe from Ede, Gelderland Netherlands on Thursday, November 02, 2006

Wow, I didn't expect the books so soon, but they are here already! Can't say I don't have anything to read now ;-) Thanks for letting me participate in this bookspiral Needsun!

Journal Entry 7 by dutch-flybabe from Ede, Gelderland Netherlands on Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The more books she writes, the better they get. This time I knew fairly quick 'who dunnit'. Wonderful easyreading story.

---------------------
Note to myself and whomever it may concern:
I have parts 5 and 6 of the series on my bookshelf (TBRead) and Needsun suggested (in the kindest way :-) I might thake part in the bookspiral with these books. I have sent a pm to Morgaine77 (for her address and) to ask if she was interested. She declined so I'm not sure how to proceed from here. I have not read the books yet, but when I have I would like to send the books to others that are interested. I guess I'll wait till I read the books and then mail needsun if she has any suggestions. Will copy this to the journalentry of part 5, so I won't forget ;-)

Journal Entry 8 by dutch-flybabe at A mailbox in town in Ede, Gelderland, Netherlands -- Controlled Releases on Friday, March 16, 2007

Released 7 yrs ago (3/16/2007 UTC) at A mailbox in town in Ede, Gelderland, Netherlands -- Controlled Releases

The book is on its way to Morgaine77. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 9 by Morgaine77 from Allschwil, Baselland Switzerland on Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Oh my! More books! :-) I haven't even read "Glory in Death" yet! Ah well, I'll put them on my MTBR Bookrings and I will get to them eventually. Be patient with me and rest assured that this book won't be forgotten!

Journal Entry 10 by Morgaine77 from Allschwil, Baselland Switzerland on Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Again, finished reading some time ago and loved it. I like the fact that Mavis is taking more and more part in the stories. Roarke is gorgeous as always. :-) Very enjoyable read, thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 11 by Morgaine77 at BookRing in controlled release, .---controlled release---. Switzerland on Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Released 7 yrs ago (10/10/2007 UTC) at BookRing in controlled release, .---controlled release---. Switzerland

Shipped off today. Sorry for the delay!

Journal Entry 12 by CandyDarling from Helsinki, Uusimaa Finland on Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Got this in the mail today, thank you!