corner corner The Weight of Water

The Weight of Water
by Anita Shreve | Literature & Fiction
Registered by LadyIndigo01 of Fordingbridge, Hampshire United Kingdom on Thursday, June 29, 2006

status (set by Winterson): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by LadyIndigo01 from Fordingbridge, Hampshire United Kingdom on Thursday, June 29, 2006

Interesting book intertwining 2 stories; that of a murder of 2 Norwegian immigrants on a small island off the coast of New Hampshire and that of a photographer researching the murder more than a century later.

There are common themes in the 2 stories and although I preferred the story of Maren (a Norweigian immigrant) I liked the way the two stories were intertwined.

I especially thought the ending was good.

I am sending this to my NSSSBTSSS partner as she likes to read Orange prize winners/shortlisters and this was on the 1998 shortlist for the Orange prize.

Journal Entry 2 by clairemagnolia from Blackpool, Lancashire United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Thanks for the opportunity to aquaint myself with a new-to-me author. This looks good.

Thankyou for all my NSSS goodies as well!

Journal Entry 3 by clairemagnolia from Blackpool, Lancashire United Kingdom on Monday, April 27, 2009

Off on a journey

Bonnie0907
Scotsbookie
Winterson

I don't require this book back once the ray is complete. Please continue its journey as you see fit.

Journal Entry 4 by bonnie0907 from Ryde, Isle Of Wight United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I received this book with one other from clairemagnolia today. Many thanks to her for sharing it. I am looking forward to the read, but I have one more book ahead of it in the queue. I will journal and pass it on as soon as possible.

Journal Entry 5 by bonnie0907 from Ryde, Isle Of Wight United Kingdom on Sunday, June 28, 2009

I found this book unusual and quite touching. An enjoyable read that kept me wondering - something was going to happen, but what?? I wasn't prepared for what it was.
Sorry to have kept it so long, but I am now contacting Scotsbookie to send it on to her.

Journal Entry 6 by bonnie0907 from Ryde, Isle Of Wight United Kingdom on Friday, July 03, 2009

This book is now on its way to Scotsbookie

Journal Entry 7 by scotsbookie from Peebles, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, July 06, 2009

Arrived safely this morning, I will get to it as soon as I can.

Journal Entry 8 by scotsbookie from Peebles, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, August 02, 2009

A touching read, with a very surprising outcome to both stories.

I have Winterson's details & will pass it on soon. I have just sent her another bookring so will save this for a week or so as I know she has her hands fullat the moment.

Journal Entry 9 by scotsbookie at By mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Monday, September 07, 2009

Released 4 yrs ago (9/7/2009 UTC) at By mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Apologies for my tardiness. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 10 by Winterson from Peacehaven, East Sussex United Kingdom on Monday, September 28, 2009

Received safe and sound. hope to get to this one soon. thanks muchly :)