corner corner Fish! A Remarkable Way to Boost Morale and Improve Results

Journal Entry 1 by RubyBlueLady from Avebury, Wiltshire United Kingdom on Sunday, June 25, 2006

This is a small, slim, hardback book.

Amazon.co.uk Review
Here's another management parable that draws its lesson from an unlikely source--this time it's the fun-loving fishmongers at Seattle's Pike Place Market. In Fish! the heroine, Mary Jane Ramirez, recently widowed and mother of two, is asked to engineer a turnaround of her company's troubled operations department, a group that authors Stephen Lundin, Harry Paul and John Christensen describe as a "toxic energy dump". Most reasonable heads would cut their losses and move on. Why bother with this bunch of losers? But the authors don't make it so easy for Mary Jane. Instead, she's left to sort out this mess with the help of head fishmonger Lonnie.

Based on a bestselling corporate education video, Fish! aims to help employees find their way to a fun and happy workplace. While some may find the storyline and prescriptions--such as "Choose Your Attitude", "Make Their Day" and "Be Present"--downright corny, others will find a good dose of worthwhile motivational management techniques. If you loved Who Moved My Cheese? then you'll find much to like here. And don't worry about Mary Jane and kids. Fish! has a happy ending for everyone. --Harry C Edwards

Hyrum Smith, co-chairman Franklin Covey Co.
'I recommend their book to anyone, on any level, who wants to make a difference at work.'

Journal Entry 2 by RubyBlueLady at Controlled Release in Avebury, Wiltshire United Kingdom on Monday, July 03, 2006

Released 11 yrs ago (7/2/2006 UTC) at Controlled Release in Avebury, Wiltshire United Kingdom

Posted to candy-is-dandy.

Journal Entry 3 by wingcandy-is-dandywing from Great Bardfield, Essex United Kingdom on Sunday, July 09, 2006

A management/business book kindly received from rubybluelady. Looks to be a quick read so I'll take it with me on the train soon.

Journal Entry 4 by wingcandy-is-dandywing at Braintree, Essex United Kingdom on Thursday, September 15, 2011

I've read this little book 2 or 3 times over the last few years. An enjoyable read with a great philosophy.

Journal Entry 5 by wingcandy-is-dandywing at Virtual book box, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (10/5/2011 UTC) at Virtual book box, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

This is off to Lintulai in Finland who selected it from a European non-fiction Virtual Bookbox.

Journal Entry 6 by Lintulai at Lahti, Päijät-Häme / Päijänne-Tavastland Finland on Monday, October 10, 2011

I received the book today from candy-is-dandy. I don't really know what to expect, but am eager to read this book!

Journal Entry 7 by Lintulai at Lahti, Päijät-Häme / Päijänne-Tavastland Finland on Thursday, August 16, 2012

The ideas presented in the book are great and very useful, but they could've been written so much better. I don't see the point of wrapping the ideas in a story form when the story hasn't been thought through. The story wasn't important and it was very obvious, why waste ink? I do like to read inspirational books about self improvement and such, but in comparison (for example) Who moved my cheese? by dr. Spencer Johnson is way better.

Journal Entry 8 by kirjakko at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, April 14, 2017

Found from the Book Swap Lounge of Helsinki Airport on my way to Vienna and Prague. I have a copy of the same book at home, but I'll give it a lift to another country.
I wonder where the book has been for the past five years?

Journal Entry 9 by kirjakko at Somewhere in the old town in Cesky Krumlov, Jihoceský kraj (South Bohemian Region) Czech Republic on Saturday, April 15, 2017

Released 7 mos ago (4/15/2017 UTC) at Somewhere in the old town in Cesky Krumlov, Jihoceský kraj (South Bohemian Region) Czech Republic

I first tried to release this on a bench opposite an open air cocktail stand near the castle, but when I came back down the hill the bartender shouted "Have you lost something?" and gave the book back. I would have been happier if it had been my wallet.
I took it across river Vltava just in case, hoping the bartender will not see it on his way home... It is on a window sill near the old shop museum.

Journal Entry 10 by Lintulai at Helsinki-Vantaa Airport Book Swap (T2, Gate 30-31, Kainuu-tila) in Helsinki-Vantaa Airport Book Swap, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, April 21, 2017

Released 7 mos ago (4/13/2017 UTC) at Helsinki-Vantaa Airport Book Swap (T2, Gate 30-31, Kainuu-tila) in Helsinki-Vantaa Airport Book Swap, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Set free to fly