corner corner Shakespeare's Trollop (Lily Bard Mysteries)

Shakespeare's Trollop (Lily Bard Mysteries)
by Charlaine Harris | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by Amberkatze of Wien Bezirk 10 - Favoriten, Wien Austria on 6/21/2006

status (set by Annelis): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by Amberkatze from Wien Bezirk 10 - Favoriten, Wien Austria on Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I liked the first in the series 'Shakespeare's Landlord' and have now got hold of this book too! This is the 4th in the series and once I get hold of a copy of the 2nd in the series (it isn't for sale :/) and then read the 3rd, I will read this one.

I will trade/relay or release this when I am done with it.

Journal Entry 2 by Amberkatze from Wien Bezirk 10 - Favoriten, Wien Austria on Sunday, February 25, 2007

Another great book in the ‘Lily Bard’ series which just gets better and better. This was no 4 from 5 books and I really hope there will be more! Lily made an appearance in one of the ‘Southern Vampire’ books so I hope this means there will be another book!

Journal Entry 3 by Amberkatze from Wien Bezirk 10 - Favoriten, Wien Austria on Sunday, February 25, 2007

This book will be going on a trip as a Bookring. It will be part of a Book sprial for the whole series. This is book number 4!

------------------------------

Please make a journal entry as soon as you recieve the book and also when you send it to the next person. Then we know where the book is!

Please try and read and send this book on within a month. If you need longer please make a new journal so we know the book is still in action!

When you are finished with the book please PM the next person on the list and ask for their address so you can send it on to them!

I would appreciate a PM from any participant who wants to leave the ring or be skipped for any reason. Please do not leave it to the last minute.

Also let us know what you thought of the book but don't give too much away!

The order may change to accommodate for the postal preferences of the ring members.
Lastly if you have nicer bookcrossing labels or stickers then decorate the book a little! Also stick a postcard from your country in with a message! Could be fun :)

----------------------------------

I will send out book 4 & 5 together.

Here are the participants so far -

AgnesXNitt in the UK <-- Completed!
sunlightbub in the UK <-- Completed!
leeny37 in Australia (US/AUS) <-- Completed!
krin511 in the USA (US) <-- Completed!
tenneh in the USA (Us pref but can int) <-- Completed!
Maurean in the USA (Us/Can) <-- Completed!
explorer1118m in the USA (US/Can) <-- Completed!
CheriePie in the USA <-- Arrived 5/2/08
innae in the USA (any)
WelshHelen in the UK
wyvernfriend in Ireland (EU)
CandyDarling in Finland
morgaine77 in Switzerland
Rianonne in Austria

Journal Entry 4 by AgnesXNitt from Godmanchester, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Received in the post yesterday with 'Shakespeare's Counselor' - ooooooooo thanks Amberkatze, I look forward to an interesting couple of evenings in with Lily :)

Journal Entry 5 by AgnesXNitt from Godmanchester, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on Thursday, July 12, 2007

Another tightly written plot from Ms Harris. Good to see Lily is coming to terms with her traumatic history, and yay! Jack is firmly in her life. I loved the title - where else would you see the marvellous, almost archaic word 'trollop' in a book title!
I see that the next book 'Shakespeare's Councellor' is the last book in the series, and that is the companion traveller with the 'Trollop' - I look forward to seeing how things end up with Lily.
Thanks Amberkatze for hosting this book spiral!

Journal Entry 6 by sunlightbub from Wallasey, Merseyside United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I promise I'll be as quick as poss with these..nag me if I take too long!

Thanks for sharing another one in this fab series xx

Journal Entry 7 by sunlightbub from Wallasey, Merseyside United Kingdom on Sunday, August 05, 2007

Just finished--so sorry that there is only one left in this series as I''m growing to love Lily!!

The word trollop is still in regular use in England - well by me and my mum anyway!!

Thanks Amberkatze - I''ll read the next one quickly and get tem off to the next participant :)

Journal Entry 8 by leeny37 from Melbourne, Victoria Australia on Monday, August 20, 2007

Arrived safely together with its companion, thank you! :)

Journal Entry 9 by leeny37 from Melbourne, Victoria Australia on Sunday, October 07, 2007

I finished this earlier in the week while on a business trip to Sydney but I came back home the night before the 4th Australian BookCrossing Convention, and as a member of the organising committee, it's been hectic, to say the least! Anyways, ABC2007 went really well and today was the last day, so I think I will be able to have a life again! LOL.

Alright, back to the book. Another enjoyable addition to the series -- it took me a while to warm up to these books but I have most definitely enjoyed the last few. The Bobo-Lily thing was weird, but it was good to see that Lily and Jack are still going strong. I did suspect who the villian would be, but not in the way I expected, so it was cool to have an ending that surprised me. Overall, a good read!

Journal Entry 10 by leeny37 at Post office: Mailed to another bookcrosser in USA, Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Monday, October 29, 2007

Released 9 yrs ago (10/28/2007 UTC) at Post office: Mailed to another bookcrosser in USA, Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Apologies for the delay, it has been pretty crazy here for me lately! Anyway, this has now been mailed off to the next participant, krin511, via airmail. Hopefully it gets there within 7-10 days. Enjoy! :)

Journal Entry 11 by krin511 from Olney, Maryland USA on Monday, November 05, 2007

Arrived today - will start reading it soon!

Journal Entry 12 by krin511 from Olney, Maryland USA on Saturday, November 17, 2007

This was a good mystery. I liked Lily's observations about various townspeople and how she comes to terms with her preconceived notions about the victim. There was also a nice twist at the end as not everything is as it seems.

Journal Entry 13 by krin511 at by mail in To the next participant, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Friday, November 23, 2007

Released 9 yrs ago (11/23/2007 UTC) at by mail in To the next participant, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Mailed to tenneh.

Journal Entry 14 by tenneh from Verdon, Nebraska USA on Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Received today - will get to it soon!

I really enjoy these books. I also had a good idea "whodunit" but enjoyed the twist. :-) Looking forward to the next one.

Journal Entry 15 by tenneh at Controlled Postal Release (Falls City) in -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, Nebraska USA on Friday, December 28, 2007

Released 9 yrs ago (12/31/2007 UTC) at Controlled Postal Release (Falls City) in -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, Nebraska USA

going to Maurean

Journal Entry 16 by Maurean from Atlantic Beach, Florida USA on Sunday, January 13, 2008

Arrived here in Florida - Looking forward to another romp with Lily.
Thanks for sharin' these, Amberkatze, and I'll journal as soon as its read.

Journal Entry 17 by Maurean from Atlantic Beach, Florida USA on Monday, January 21, 2008

I've recently finished this 4th installment of the Lily Bard series, and I must say, its been my favorite of the lot thus far; I'm sorry to see the next is the final book in this series. While I *still* prefer her Southern Vampire tales, I love the complex and quirky characters that Ms. Harris creates, and I'm feeling very at home in Shakespeare...I've already begun reading "Shakespeare's Counselor", and I will PM explorer for her addy, currently.
*mailed to CheriePie 1/31

Journal Entry 18 by CheriePie from Campbell, California USA on Monday, February 04, 2008

arrived today. I'll get to this as soon as I can.

Journal Entry 19 by CheriePie from Campbell, California USA on Monday, August 25, 2008

Lily returns in this fourth book in the Lily Bard (Cozy) Mystery series.

Another murder has taken place in Shakespeare, Arkansas. This time it's Deedra Dean, a well-known woman about town who's known for her somewhat promiscuous ways. Has her lifestyle finally managed to get her done in? And if so, it's not going to be easy for a small town police department to find her killer among the many men of Shakespeare who've been to her bed.

Of course, being the local cleaning woman to many Shakespeare residents, including the late Ms. Dean, Lily knows a thing or two about Deedra, and also comes across some evidence that just may help the police find the missing pieces they need in the puzzle of Who Killed Deedra Dean.

I really enjoyed this book, and I really like Lily's character as well. She's dark, mysterious, and quite complicated... kind of how I like to think of myself. *grin* These books are really quick reads and I've already read the fifth book as well, a review of which should be coming up shortly. :)

Mailed Lily Bard books 4 and 5 to innae on 8/26/08 via Media Mail.

Journal Entry 20 by innae from Aurora, Colorado USA on Wednesday, September 03, 2008

has arrived safely in Colorado, and as this is #4, I will read my previous ring quickly, and then get to this one before Counselor :-)

Journal Entry 21 by innae from Aurora, Colorado USA on Friday, September 12, 2008

i didn't end up reading #2 and #3 in the series, as the ring got stalled and I wasn't interested enough to hunt them down..but, I didn't feel lost in this book. They still are not my favorite books (Harris' Southern Vampire series is better...by the way, anyone watching TrueBlood on HBO??) However, I did enjoy the mystery (although like several others I thought I had it figured out, then that twist...nice) -- I have PMd WelshHelen for her addy, and as soon as I finish Counselor I will get them out to her.

Journal Entry 22 by innae at Llanelli, Wales United Kingdom on Thursday, September 18, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (9/18/2008 UTC) at Llanelli, Wales United Kingdom

This bookring is headed off to WelshHelen

Journal Entry 23 by WelshHelen from Ponthenri, Wales United Kingdom on Monday, October 06, 2008

Thanks, innae, this arrived safely with the other books :-)

Journal Entry 24 by WelshHelen from Ponthenri, Wales United Kingdom on Sunday, November 16, 2008

One of my favourite series is coming to an end :-( I really like Lily, she's much more "real" than a lot of other heroines and it's refreshing to read that her traumatic earlier life isn't just swept under the rug and ignored. Like AgnesXNitt (how unusual for us to agree!!) I'm so glad that Jack is still around.

I like Harris' writing style - very easy to read but not "simple". Very enjoyable.

Thanks for sharing, Amberkatze. I've got wyvernfriend's address and will post on to her in the next couple of days.

Journal Entry 25 by WelshHelen from Ponthenri, Wales United Kingdom on Thursday, November 27, 2008

Finally posted to wyvernfriend today - sorry for the delay.

Journal Entry 26 by wyvernfriend from Lucan, Co. Dublin Ireland on Sunday, February 01, 2009

Lily is drawn into a murder mystery when she finds a woman dead in a car, she's a woman known for liking men, a lot of them, and the number of suspects is quite large.

Lily Bard is an interesting character and her ongoing relationship with Jack is fun to read about.

Journal Entry 27 by CandyDarling from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, February 23, 2009

I received this and Shakespeare's Counselor in the mail today, thank you. I loved the first book and I'm looking forward to reading these.

Journal Entry 28 by Chania at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Wednesday, June 03, 2015

Thanks so much - perfect reading for the summer!

Journal Entry 29 by Chania at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Sunday, July 26, 2015

Enjoyed this a lot, as well as the other books in the series. I am especially interested in Lily's personal life but the mysteries are good too!

Journal Entry 30 by Chania at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Friday, July 31, 2015

Reserved to Annelis!

Journal Entry 31 by Chania at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Friday, January 08, 2016

Sending to Annelis, finally!

Journal Entry 32 by wingAnneliswing at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, February 09, 2016

Thank you for the book, Chania! You are so kind. I have not read any books in this series, yet.