corner corner Where or When?

Where or When?
by Anita Shreve | Romance
Registered by froggirlwendy of Brisbane, Queensland Australia on 6/16/2006

status (set by freelunch): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by froggirlwendy from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Friday, June 16, 2006

Bought a new fiction boxed set containing ten books and this was one of them. On my TBR pile for now. Happy to ring this one if someone wants to read it while I power through my mountain of TBR's.

FROM THE BOOK:
"When Charles Callahan chances on a newspaper photograph of Sian Richards, a woman he loved when they were both only thirteen, he is hardly in a position to do anything about it. He has been faithfully married for years and his Rhode Island real estate business has been hit hard by the recession. But Charles cannot bear his curiosity, and decides to get in touch.
Three decades after they last saw each other, the two lovers meet. Powerfully drawn together once again, Charles and Sian are forced to come to terms with the nature of erotic love and betrayal, moral quandaries in an age of shifting values, and the elusive nature of time."

Journal Entry 2 by froggirlwendy from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Monday, June 26, 2006

BOOKRINGING THIS ONE:
So far the participants are:

bokwormy - Portugal - intnl ok
jessibud - Canada - prefer local post
summerbreeze - Canada - intnl. ok <<< book is here
back to froggirlwendy

A FEW EASY GUIDELINES
Please make a journal entry when you receive the book
Pm or email the next reader for their address when you are almost done
Please post a journal entry when you've finished the book
Try to send it on within 1-2 months of receiving it if you can. Otherwise PM me so I can let the other readers know whats happening.
Make a journal entry or controlled release notes when you send the book on

Thanks :D

Journal Entry 3 by froggirlwendy at on Thursday, February 01, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (2/1/2007 UTC) at

On it's way to bokwormy to start this mini bookring. Enjoy :o)

Journal Entry 4 by BOKWORMY on Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Goodness Froggirlwendy, you´ve left me wordless here!

Just received your package with the lovely goodies.

Just finishing "Sea Glass" also from Anita Shreve but hope to be quick!

Thank-YOU!

X

Journal Entry 5 by BOKWORMY on Friday, March 09, 2007

Another wonderfully written book by Anita Shreve. A very quick, powerful read that had me hooked from page 1. Although I found the end to be very sad (had to grab a tissue to the rescue)!

09-03 - PMed jessibud for address!

Journal Entry 6 by BOKWORMY at on Thursday, March 15, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (3/15/2007 UTC) at

On the way to jessibud in Canada!

Journal Entry 7 by jessibud from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Friday, March 23, 2007

Arrived today and perfect timing, too. I am about to finish another book tonight and will start this one right away.

Thanks!

Journal Entry 8 by jessibud from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Friday, April 06, 2007

This story was just so sad, and made me ache, to the core. Life is just so unfair!

This is a holiday weekend so I'm not sure the post office will be open before Tuesday but I already have Summerbreeze's addy so it will be in the mail just as soon as the post office is open again.

Thanks for the opportunity to read this book, froggirlwendy

Journal Entry 9 by jessibud from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Saturday, April 07, 2007

Mailed it off today.

Journal Entry 10 by bc-del-20080226 on Thursday, April 19, 2007

This just came in the mail at the exact same time as another ring. Also I am two books behind at the moment, and to further add to this insanity, I just found out that my SIL has been booked for a kidney transplant surgery....so between sitting in hospitals, working, and sleeping I have been taking the few minutes I have to escape from my world to the book world. I am apologizing in advance because I may seem like a hog and keeping this book, but I will try and get this book moving. I would have asked to be skipped or shoved down the list, but well, I didn't know this was going to happen so soon...anyway, the book is here WOOHOO!

Journal Entry 11 by bc-del-20080226 on Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Boy I didn't realize how long I had this book in my possession and I am so incredibly sorry for the length of time. I am always good at finishing things in time...however family life got in the way. My sister in law was in and out of hospitals because her health was deteriorating, she needed a kidney transplant and my husband was the donor and now she is great.

That said, I am now finished with the book. It is so beautifully written, so poetic and very moving. I enjoyed this romantic affair the two had, and was so sad with the ending. However, in reality that is what happens. You live a secret life and eventually reality hits and it either goes in your favor or it goes badly wrong.

Well, I enjoyed it regardless of how the book ended and I am so happy to have been a part of this ring.

I guess I am the last on the list, so now it is time to journey back home.

Journal Entry 12 by froggirlwendy from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Returned home from a lengthy, but short, bookring. Many thanks to all who participated & looked after this little book. Hugs :o)

Journal Entry 13 by froggirlwendy at on Saturday, February 23, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (2/23/2008 UTC) at

3kg satchel RABCK on it's way to winner of a recent Time to Move house (rather than move books) RABCK. Won by Freelunch. Enjoy :o)

Journal Entry 14 by freelunch from Cairns, Queensland Australia on Wednesday, February 27, 2008

received today, thanks very much froggirlwendy :o)