corner corner Dear Mr. Henshaw

Dear Mr. Henshaw
by Beverly Cleary | Children's Books
Registered by winghyphen8wing of Honolulu, Hawaii USA on 10/4/2009

status (set by sshahid): available

Journal Entry 1 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, October 04, 2009

1984 Newbery Medal Winner
1989 Nēnē Award Winner

Illustrated by Paul O. Zelinsky

Mr. Boyd Henshaw is Leigh Botts's favorite author and his inspiration. Leigh writes to Mr. Henshaw, and eventually also to "Mr. Pretend Henshaw" - Leigh's diary.

One thing I found amusing about the cover of this edition is how the author's name is prominently displayed at the top of the cover..and the title is at the bottom in small print, almost like an afterthought. Hm. The internet gremlins have changed the cover photo so it's in Spanish. I'll have to try to change it back.

Other copies on my BookCrossing shelf: 7507151 11702422 14538820

Journal Entry 2 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Monday, October 05, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (10/5/2009 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Sending this for the I'm an adult and I love children's (and teen's) books" - RABCK exchange.

I love this exchange - thanks for organizing it!

Journal Entry 3 by wingReleannawing from Wien Bezirk 23 - Liesing, Wien Austria on Tuesday, October 13, 2009

thank you, hyphen8 - sounds great, a book about an author and his fan

Journal Entry 4 by wingReleannawing at April 28 - pay-it-forward-day, Pay-It-Forward-RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, April 21, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (4/21/2011 UTC) at April 28 - pay-it-forward-day, Pay-It-Forward-RABCK -- Controlled Releases

for a great book-crosser - thank you for making BC such a wonderful place to be :)

Journal Entry 5 by sshahid at Lahore, Punjab Pakistan on Thursday, April 28, 2011

Wow! Thank you so much!!!

Journal Entry 6 by sshahid at Lahore, Punjab Pakistan on Thursday, May 19, 2011

Was good. I had a good laugh at the first letter of the book!