corner corner WOMEN WHO LOVE BOOKS TOO MUCH (Paperback) (Book Ring/RABCK Chain #2)

WOMEN WHO LOVE BOOKS TOO MUCH (Paperback) (Book Ring/RABCK Chain #2)
by Brenda Knight | Nonfiction
Registered by Dove-i-libri of Fort Myers, Florida USA on Friday, June 02, 2006

status (set by Dove-i-libri): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by Dove-i-libri from Fort Myers, Florida USA on Friday, June 02, 2006

See reviewers' descriptions:
Women Who Love Books Too Much

From the back cover:
"Does your book collection threaten to overtake your home? Do you wait in line in the middle of the night, eager for a new book release? If so, then you might be interested to know:

*The first female professional writer was Aphra Behn, who wrote in England from 1670-1688.

*An American bookseller in Paris, Sylvia Beach, published Joyce's Ulysses when no one else would accept it.

*J.K. Rowling wrote the first novel in her Harry Potter series when she was an unemployed, single mother living on welfare!

These, and a myriad of other fascinating facts are presented in Women Who Love Books Too Much, a collection of biographies of literary women throughout history ..."

I am totally LOVING this book! (And, by the way, doesn't the title sound like so many of us book crossers????)

Place Your Pin On Our GUEST MAP!

Click this link to send a message

Journal Entry 2 by Dove-i-libri from Fort Myers, Florida USA on Friday, June 02, 2006

OK ... Starting this as a Book Ring/RABCK Chain!

Each person will read Women Who Love Books Too Much and send it to the next person ALONG WITH a book written by one of the authors mentioned in the book! Don't forget to journal when you receive it, and when you send it off!

I'm so excited! This sounds like fun! I hope it makes its way back to me!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Participants Book #2

BookLady331 Cape Coral, Fla (No Ship Pref)825 SW 4 Ave*33991
Time-Traveler NY (Shipping Pref: USA)
Aramena Oklahoma City, OK (Shipping Pref: None)
Soffitta1 UK (Shipping Pref: Internation'l OK)
The remainder of this list was transferred to the other book ring when this copy went missing somewhere over the Atlantic!
... then back home to THIS "Woman Who Loves Books Too Much:" Dove i Libri in Florida!

Place Your Pin On Our GUEST MAP!

Click this link to send a message

Journal Entry 3 by Dove-i-libri from Fort Myers, Florida USA on Friday, June 02, 2006

Being sent to Fellow Book Crosser BookLady331 in Cape Coral, Florida, along with the following RABCK: Imperial Woman(link) written by A Woman Who Loved Books Too Much, bibliophile Pearl S. Buck.

Going to try to surprise BookLady331 with a special in-person delivery on Friday, June 9, 2006! Let's see if it works out!

Place Your Pin On Our GUEST MAP! Click Here!

Click this link to send a message

Journal Entry 4 by wingbooklady331wing from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Friday, June 09, 2006

What a surprise! Dove i Libri stopped by my house to deliever the book. We ARE going to go out to lunch/dinner one day soon. I will get to the book after vacation.

Journal Entry 5 by wingbooklady331wing from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Friday, June 23, 2006

Not as good as I expected but I did enjoy it. I felt sorry for many of these women because they had such tragic lives. I think it is sometimes because of the choices they made.

My favorite section was the last section "adored authors", because these were our adored women authors like Agatha Christie, Margaret Mitchell, and Jane Austen.

I found the information on the Sylvia Beach Hotel in Newport, Oregon interesting. I want to visit Newport just to stay in the hotel. I won't say anymore so not to ruin anyones reading.

This is off tomorrow to time-traveler along with "Friends to the End" that Doveilibri sent along with this book. My book that I will be adding is The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck. Hope you enjoy it. I just finished rereading it and loved it.

Journal Entry 6 by time-traveler from Peekskill, New York USA on Saturday, July 01, 2006

It's here! This will be fun. Thanks so much for sending it so quickly, booklady.

Journal Entry 7 by time-traveler from Peekskill, New York USA on Wednesday, July 05, 2006

This was interesting & fun, thanks so much for including me, DoveiLibri. This is now on its way to Aramena in OK, along with a book by an author mentioned in this book (which shall remain untitled for now ;)...plus Friends to the End...plus another little surprise!

I'm getting it out in the mail quickly because I'm heading to Ireland for vacation on Friday!!!

A Keep Them Moving Release Challenge release.

Journal Entry 8 by Aramena from Moore, Oklahoma USA on Monday, July 17, 2006

This book arrived Friday, with three other books! How exciting! I spent the weekend moving, and will start reading this one tonight!

Journal Entry 9 by Aramena from Moore, Oklahoma USA on Tuesday, August 01, 2006

An interesting read, not to mention commentary on women writers through the ages! Of course the sections devoted to authors who I enjoy were particularly interesting, especially Margaret Atwood. I was disappointed that Alice Hoffman wasn't included though. And the section devoted to Danielle Steele was interesting, I've never thought of her as a "serious" author and have avoided her books, but now I'm rethinking that opinion!

My next trip to the post office this will be off to Soffitta, along with Sula, by Toni Morrison, which had been languishing in my TBR pile, and seeing it mentioned in this book seemed like a good reason to move it up and read it at the same time!

Edited 11/6/06: Because I took so long to get this to the post office (mainly due to my move which wiped out my savings account) I mailed this and Sula Global Priority on August 31 (tracking number LX145813705US). I was under the impression that Global Priority was the quickest way, but so far it apparently has not reached it's destination. When tracked on the US Postal Service web site it simply says "Left US from Kennedy AMC 9/1/06". However, the other two books I mailed that same day, one to Belgium and one to Czech Republic, and NOT sent Global Priority, have long since been delivered. Go figure!

Journal Entry 10 by Dove-i-libri from Fort Myers, Florida USA on Sunday, December 03, 2006

Well, it seems as if this ring is officially lost in transit ... for now, anyway. I've removed the rest of the participants from here and put them on the other ring. If that book comes up found, then we'll divide it into two separate rings again.

Click this link to send a message

Also, Checking the above tracking number revealed this message: Label/Receipt Number: LX145813705US There is no record of this item. Why Are You Receiving This Message? The number was entered incorrectly. Be sure to enter all of the letters and numbers as they appear on your mailing label or receipt. A number or letter seems to be missing. Oh, well, a dead end. *sigh*