corner corner The Stupidest Angel : A Heartwarming Tale of Christmas Terror

The Stupidest Angel : A Heartwarming Tale of Christmas Terror
by Christopher Moore | Literature & Fiction
Registered by RayneQueen of Binghamton, New York USA on 5/30/2006

status (set by rebeccaljames): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by RayneQueen from Binghamton, New York USA on Tuesday, May 30, 2006

No dust jacket. Therefore, I'm not really sure what it's about, but the title sounds interesting.

Journal Entry 2 by RayneQueen from Binghamton, New York USA on Friday, December 01, 2006

It was amusing, but I don't think I found it as hilarious as the author intended it to be.

It's now going to Sissyrun as a trade. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by Sissyrun from Modesto, California USA on Thursday, December 14, 2006

Arrived safe, sound and dry in rainy California. Thank you for the trade, RayneQueen.

Journal Entry 4 by Sissyrun from Modesto, California USA on Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Welllllllll, quite a story to read in the month of December!CM sure has an imagination. Quite a turn of events when the angel Raziel hears a child's Christmas wish and TOTALLY gets it wrong! Loved Chapter 16: SO..... So that sucked.
Watch out for Christmas zombies....

Journal Entry 5 by Sissyrun from Modesto, California USA on Thursday, December 21, 2006

WOW!!! So many people want to read this book! The list is long on Cliff's wishlist.
I've decided to start a bookray with it. This is international so all can participate. Please PM me with your BC name, location and shipping pref.
Happy Holidays!

Usual "rules":
Please journal the arrival of the book. Please read in a timely manner. PM the next person in line for their address when you are about to finish it. If you decide you no longer want to read the book, please PM me and I will remove your name from the list. If you want to join after it has begun, PM me and I will add you at the end. I will do my best to honor your shipping pref. Those that join "late" may be stuck shipping overseas, etc.

And the line-up:
colebear - FL (US)
missprisy - MA (US)
rhythmbiscuit - CO (US)
Mysticalzoe - NH (Intl)
Mysteryfan03 - MO (Intl) <--- didn't answer PMs
Kindred--spirit - Netherlands (Europe)
bilbi - France (Europe)
Chich - France (Intl)
Angelika83 - Spain (Europe)
Twynnie - UK (any)
eloisamos - Brasil (Latin America, USA, Canada)
rebeccaljames - OH (US)<---it's here

Book is with the last participant to this bookray. Thank you everyone for making it a success bookray!

Journal Entry 6 by colebear from Jacksonville, Florida USA on Friday, December 29, 2006

I picked this up Tuesday night and finished it today. It was hysterical! I laughed out loud at least every 15 minutes, maybe more. Anyway, I finished it today and mailed it to missprisy because rebeccaljames asked to be skipped.

Thanks for sharing Sissyrun!

Journal Entry 7 by missprisy from Edmond, Oklahoma USA on Thursday, January 04, 2007

Book arrived today, I'm currently reading a bookring and have another ahead of this one. It shouldn't take me long to get to though. I'm looking forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 8 by missprisy from Edmond, Oklahoma USA on Monday, January 15, 2007

Very humerous book! Only Christopher Moore could come up with such a unique story...great book! I've pm'ed rhythmbiscuit for a mailing address, once I get it, this book will be in the mail.

Release #3 for Guinaveve's Keep Them Moving 2007 Challenge

Mailed Jan 16, 07

Journal Entry 9 by rhythmbiscuit from Northglenn, Colorado USA on Sunday, January 28, 2007

Thank you! This book arrived yesterday.

Journal Entry 10 by rhythmbiscuit from Northglenn, Colorado USA on Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and its loony characters. My favorites are Skinner the dog and Roberto the fruit bat.

While I'm not itching to read all of Moore's books, I would read another of his books in the future. Thanks for sharing. I will contact mysticalzoe for her address.

Journal Entry 11 by rhythmbiscuit at Sent to another bookcrosser in n/a, Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, February 17, 2007

Released 11 yrs ago (2/17/2007 UTC) at Sent to another bookcrosser in n/a, Bookray -- Controlled Releases

I will mail this book to mysticalzoe. Enjoy!

This is my first 2007 Keep Them Moving release. I've been a little slow to get started this year!

Journal Entry 12 by mysticalzoe from Gardiner, Maine USA on Thursday, February 22, 2007

Came into my mailbox today, need to finish one more book and then I can start reading this one. :)

2-25-07
I am not a fan, I still don't see how this book was funny? I didn't laugh at all, all of his characters were really crazy, I felt like I entered looneyville, will I be reading any of his books again? OMG no! I found the book to be very Lame. That's all I have to say, I have already PMed the next person on the list so waiing for a response. Thanks for sharing the book.

Journal Entry 13 by mysticalzoe at Controlled release sent to fellow bookcrosser Book in Londonderry, New Hampshire USA on Monday, March 05, 2007

Released 11 yrs ago (3/5/2007 UTC) at Controlled release sent to fellow bookcrosser Book in Londonderry, New Hampshire USA

sending to Kindred-spirit, mysteryfan03 never responded to emails.

Journal Entry 14 by Kindred--Spirit from Brunssum, Limburg Netherlands on Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The stupidest angel arrived savely with me, I'll start reading it asap.

Journal Entry 15 by Kindred--Spirit from Brunssum, Limburg Netherlands on Thursday, March 22, 2007

This was the first Christopher Moore book I've ever read, and to be honest, it took a while for me to get really into it.
I thought most of the characters were a bit too much, but after a while I took to them and couldn't put the book down. (right from the moment the 'Christmas Miracle' gone bad happened it was great!)
My favourite character (even though he had just a small part) was Skinner the dog.

All in all I give this book a 7, and will definitely try reading another book by Moore, if it happens to cross my path.

(pm'd bilbi, so the stupidest angel will be on the move again soon)

Journal Entry 16 by Kindred--Spirit from Brunssum, Limburg Netherlands on Wednesday, April 04, 2007

The stupidest angel is now on it's way to France.

Journal Entry 17 by bilbi from Chambéry, Rhône-Alpes France on Friday, April 06, 2007

Received today.
Just a book to finish before starting this one !!!
Thanks Sissyrun and Kindred--Spirit \o/

Journal Entry 18 by bilbi from Chambéry, Rhône-Alpes France on Sunday, April 08, 2007

I can't say that I enjoyed the book a lot but it was really crazy ! The characters and the plot were nuts !

When an angel appears in a story I can't help thinking of Good Omens, a book I can read over and over.

Let the book travel on now...

Journal Entry 19 by chich from Sant Antoni de Portmany, Illes Balears/Islas Baleares Spain on Saturday, April 21, 2007

Image hosting by Photobucket Book received today, merci Bilbi!

This is one of two rings I received this morning but I should be able to read within the next few weeks:) Thanks for sharing Sissyrun

Journal Entry 20 by chich from Sant Antoni de Portmany, Illes Balears/Islas Baleares Spain on Friday, April 27, 2007

Humm, I really don't know what to think of this book... I'm a huge fan of absolute wackiness in books (I love the likes of Tom Holt & Stephen Walker) but I had a really hard time getting into this one. I just didn't find the book funny and it didn't make me laugh at all... Well, maybe I wasn't in the mood to read this type of book right now, I don't know...

Thanks again for sharing Sissyrun!

I already have Angelika83's address and will send her the book tomorrow.

---------
This is letter M for my ABC Challenge 2007.

Journal Entry 21 by Angelika83 from Castellón, Castelló/Castellón Spain on Monday, May 14, 2007

I've received the book at this very moment. I'll read it as soon as possible. It seems very interesting!

Journal Entry 22 by Angelika83 from Castellón, Castelló/Castellón Spain on Thursday, June 07, 2007

I finished the book last night, and I have to say that I didn't enjoy it very much....it's a very strange book. I think I wasn't prepared to read a book like this one, I don't know...

I'll send it to Twynnie next week.

Journal Entry 23 by Angelika83 from Castellón, Castelló/Castellón Spain on Friday, June 22, 2007

I've sent the book to Twynnie today.

Journal Entry 24 by Twynnie from Royston, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, June 26, 2007

This arrived toaday, I have a couple of other rings as they all seem to arrive at once but I will get to to it soon! Thanks to Sissyrun for sharing and to Angelika83 for pasing it on to me.

Journal Entry 25 by Twynnie from Royston, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Sunday, July 15, 2007

I enjoyed this book - it's not life changing or anything, but very funny!
I think Raziel needs to go back to angel school...

I'd definitely like to read more Christopher Moore books at some point.

I've PMed eloisamos so the book should be on it's way again soon

Journal Entry 26 by rebeccaljames from Cincinnati, Ohio USA on Tuesday, August 07, 2007

I just received this book today. Since I am the last one on the ray I will catch up on my reading first and then read it. I am looking forward to reading it. Thank you for sharing.

Book Description

'Twas the night (okay, more like the week) before Christmas, and all through the tiny community of Pine Cove, California, people are busy buying, wrapping, packing, and generally getting into the holiday spirit.

But not everybody is feeling the joy. Little Joshua Barker is in desperate need of a holiday miracle. No, he's not on his deathbed; no, his dog hasn't run away from home. But Josh is sure that he saw Santa take a shovel to the head, and now the seven-year-old has only one prayer: Please, Santa, come back from the dead.

But hold on! There's an angel waiting in the wings. (Wings, get it?) It's none other than the Archangel Raziel come to Earth seeking a small child with a wish that needs granting. Unfortunately, our angel's not sporting the brightest halo in the bunch, and before you can say "Kris Kringle," he's botched his sacred mission and sent the residents of Pine Cove headlong into Christmas chaos, culminating in the most hilarious and horrifying holiday party the town has ever seen.

Move over, Charles Dickens -- it's Christopher Moore time.