corner corner Velocity (paperback)

Velocity (paperback)
by Dean Koontz | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by carlissa of Miami, Florida USA on Monday, May 29, 2006

status (set by BruceAlexander): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by carlissa from Miami, Florida USA on Monday, May 29, 2006

Up for trade at The Cheshire Kat Trading Post or here at BC.

Journal Entry 2 by carlissa from Miami, Florida USA on Thursday, June 01, 2006

This book is being sent to a member of The Cheshire Kat Trading Post!

Journal Entry 3 by krin511 from Olney, Maryland USA on Thursday, June 08, 2006

Arrived today - thanks!

Description:

Bill Wile is an easygoing, hardworking guy who leads a quiet, ordinary life. But that is about to change. One evening, after his usual eight-hour bartending shift, he finds a typewritten note under the windshield wiper of his car. If you don’t take this note to the police and get them involved, I will kill a lovely blond schoolteacher. If you do take this note to the police, I will instead kill an elderly woman active in charity work. You have four hours to decide. The choice is yours.

It seems like a sick joke, and Bill’s friend on the police force, Lanny Olson, thinks so too. His advice to Bill is to go home and forget about it. Besides, what could they do even if they took the note seriously? No crime has actually been committed. But less than twenty-four hours later, a young blond schoolteacher is found murdered, and it’s Bill’s fault: he didn’t convince the police to get involved. Now he’s got another note, another deadline, another ultimatum…and two new lives hanging in the balance.

Suddenly Bill’s average, seemingly innocuous life takes on the dimensions and speed of an accelerating nightmare. Because the notes are coming faster, the deadlines growing tighter, and the killer becoming bolder and crueler with every communication–until Bill is isolated with the terrifying knowledge that he alone has the power of life and death over a psychopath’s innocent victims. Until the struggle between good and evil is intensely personal. Until the most chilling words of all are: The choice is yours.

Journal Entry 4 by krin511 from Olney, Maryland USA on Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I decided to send this book out on a bookring/ray. Here are the participants so far (in order):

southernfryed (SC) (US preferred)
shorty04 (KY) (US only)
perryfran (MD) (International)
krin511 (MD)
Bookworm-lady (Spain) (Europe) book is here!!!

Journal Entry 5 by krin511 at by mail in To the next participant, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, August 10, 2006

Released 8 yrs ago (8/10/2006 UTC) at by mail in To the next participant, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Mailed to the first participant - southernfryed!

Journal Entry 6 by wingSouthernfryedwing from Lexington, South Carolina USA on Saturday, August 12, 2006

This book arrived today. I am looking forward to reading it! Thanks for sharing.

Journal Entry 7 by wingSouthernfryedwing from Lexington, South Carolina USA on Monday, August 28, 2006

I really enjoyed this book. It kept me turning pages till the end. It has lots of twist and turns and you never know where Koontz is going. I just wanted to grab Billy, shake him and yell "what are you doin?"

Book is now on its way to shorty04.

Journal Entry 8 by shorty04 from Brownsville, Kentucky USA on Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Got this in today. It's next on my list!

Journal Entry 9 by shorty04 from Brownsville, Kentucky USA on Friday, September 08, 2006

Wow! This was a great book! I just couldn’t put this one down. The twists and turn kept this interesting the whole way through. I love Koontz.

Journal Entry 10 by shorty04 at Bookray in Bookray, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Friday, September 08, 2006

Released 8 yrs ago (9/9/2006 UTC) at Bookray in Bookray, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases

Sending this one out to perryfran to keep the ray going!

Journal Entry 11 by wingperryfranwing from North Ogden, Utah USA on Saturday, September 16, 2006

Received in the mail today. Should get to it soon. Thanks for including me in this bookring!

Journal Entry 12 by wingperryfranwing from North Ogden, Utah USA on Saturday, September 30, 2006

Koontz at the top of his form! Just finished reading this and I was very pleasantly surprised. The last few Koontz novels I have read including "Fear Nothing," "Seize the Night," and the dreadful "The Taking", were quite disappointing to me - especially after some of his earlier books that I loved like "Watchers" and "Lightning". Anyway, Velocity was a real thrill ride and probably the best Koontz I have read since "Intensity." A real page-turner that keeps you guessing up to the end. I highly recommend this one!

Thanks krin511 for including me. I have your address and will be getting the book off to you today.

Journal Entry 13 by krin511 from Olney, Maryland USA on Monday, October 02, 2006

The book is back home for me to read before I send it on to Bookworm-lady.

Journal Entry 14 by krin511 from Olney, Maryland USA on Thursday, October 12, 2006

I finished this book last week - it was a great book about decisions and choices and about whether or not to fully participate in life.

Reserved for Bookworm-lady.

Journal Entry 15 by wingBookworm-ladywing from Madrid, Madrid Spain on Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Thank you, Krin511, it was a nice surprise to receive this book!
I really like Dean Koontz, and I am looking forward to reading this one.
Am I the last one on the ring? I hope not!
EVA

Journal Entry 16 by wingBookworm-ladywing from Madrid, Madrid Spain on Thursday, April 12, 2007

Well, I finally finished it, and thoroughly enjoyed it!
I agree with Perryfran; after the terrible "The Taking" (unfortunately lost to Tammysavala's scam!), this was a very pleasant surprise.
Beautifully written, a real page-turner...
Kept me guessing until the very end.
I will probably start another bookray with it, being the last one in this one. It seems to be in many members' wish lists...
Thanks for sharing, krin511!

Journal Entry 17 by wingBookworm-ladywing from Madrid, Madrid Spain on Thursday, April 26, 2007

And here it goes again...

The new bookray goes like this:

TracyR (Wales, U.K.)
Ivylibra224 (U.S.A.)
Sleepymom (U.S.A.)
Rrrcaron (U.S.A.)
Brunton11 (U.K.)
Bybee (South Korea)(asked to be skipped)
Iliotropio (Belgium).)
BruceAlexander (U.S.A.)(The book is here!)

Thanks for joining, and enjoy!

Journal Entry 18 by wingBookworm-ladywing from Madrid, Madrid Spain on Friday, June 22, 2007

Sent yesterday to Tracy R in Wales, to kick off this bookray!
Kind regards,

Journal Entry 19 by TracyR on Monday, July 02, 2007

I see that this book was posted on my wedding day. I returned from honeymoon yesterday to find 4 bookring books waiting for me. Hopefully i will get them moved on in the next couple of weeks. Thanks for sending it to me.

Journal Entry 20 by TracyR on Sunday, August 12, 2007

Finally got around to reading this and was pleasantly surprised. This is the first Koontz that i have read and loved it.
As soon as i have the next address, this book will be on its travels again.
Thanks for including me in this ring.

Journal Entry 21 by TracyR on Friday, August 17, 2007

Sent out in the mail today.

Journal Entry 22 by ivylibra224 from Kimberling City, Missouri USA on Monday, October 22, 2007

Received this one in the mail today! It's up after a couple other book ring books I have to read.

Journal Entry 23 by ivylibra224 from Kimberling City, Missouri USA on Monday, November 26, 2007

Although the mystery was very good (my suspicions kept shifting anyway), I don't think this is one of Koontz's best. I don't regret the time spent though. Thanks for sharing, bookwormlady.

Journal Entry 24 by sleepymom from Bayfield, Colorado USA on Thursday, December 06, 2007

I received this book the other day and started it this afternoon. I look forward to getting past the first few pages and into the story. Thanks for including me in the ring.

Journal Entry 25 by sleepymom from Bayfield, Colorado USA on Sunday, December 16, 2007

I did enjoy this book. It definitely was suspenseful and made me wonder what was going to happen next. I wass thrown for a loop a few times, for sure.

I have messaged the next in line and will mail this as soon as I have an address.

Journal Entry 26 by sleepymom from Bayfield, Colorado USA on Friday, December 28, 2007

Mailed to rrrcaron today viz media mail. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 27 by Rrrcaron from Lancaster, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, January 19, 2008

Arrived last week but I haven't had the chance to get on line and journal. I will get to it as soon as I can. It looks like a page turner.

Journal Entry 28 by wingbrunton11wing from Salford, Lancashire United Kingdom on Monday, April 07, 2008

Received today - Thanks rrrcaron for sending this book on and everyone else for sharing.

Journal Entry 29 by wingbrunton11wing from Salford, Lancashire United Kingdom on Sunday, May 11, 2008

This is the first Dean Koontz that I have read and I enjoyed it - A real page turner. I'll be on the lookout for further books by this author.

Once I have address details for bybee I'll get this book in the post to them.

Journal Entry 30 by wingbrunton11wing from Salford, Lancashire United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Bybee has asked to be skipped so I will get this book in the post to Iliotropio tomorrow.

Journal Entry 31 by iliotropio from Bruxelles / Brussel, Bruxelles / Brussel Belgium on Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Velocity is now in Brussels. Many thanks Brunton11!

Journal Entry 32 by iliotropio from Bruxelles / Brussel, Bruxelles / Brussel Belgium on Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Absolutely thrilling!
Off to BruceAlexander. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 33 by wingBruceAlexanderwing from Pensacola, Florida USA on Sunday, November 23, 2008

Book came in yesterday! Thank you so much! Seeing as I'm the bottom reader on the totem pole, I hope you all don't mind if I don't get to it right away; I've got a few other bookrings/rays to complete as well and I don't like to keep others waiting too long if I can help it.

If someone else shows an interest in joining this ring/ray, could you please let me know? Else I don't know what I'll do with the book once I've finished it.......would you want it back, krin?