corner corner Dave Barry In Cyberspace

Dave Barry In Cyberspace
by Dave Barry | Computers & Internet
Registered by ifyouknew of Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, December 28, 2002

status (set by littletortuga):

Journal Entry 1 by ifyouknew from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, December 28, 2002

Dave Barry is, as far as I can tell, the funniest person in the Universe.

Journal Entry 2 by ifyouknew at Bad Ass Coffee Co (17th Ave & 9th St) in Calgary, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, February 25, 2003

Released on Monday, February 24, 2003 at Bad Ass Coffee Co (17th Ave & 9th St) in Calgary, Alberta Canada.

I brought this book the the Unofficial BookCrossing Meetup, where book-trading chaos reigned. I'm not sure whether another BCer took it home, or whether it was left on the book exchange shelf in the coffee shop.

Journal Entry 3 by idioteqnician from Stoke Newington, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 25, 2003

I grabbed this book right when I got to tonight's meetup. Dave Barry is a big goofball, but he frequently makes me laugh out loud. I may not read all of this book, but I'll definetly read some.

Journal Entry 4 by idioteqnician from Stoke Newington, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, February 27, 2003

I expected this book would make me laugh, but I didn't expect I would like it as much as I did. Once I started the other night, I just kept going and going. Dave Barry is really funny. There were only a few places where the book lagged a bit - other than that I was laughing fairly consistently. I liked too that he varied his humour along the way. Just when I was getting tired of a certain approach, he'd go and switch it and have me laughing all over again. The short narrative at the end was surprisingly interesting. I wonder if any of Dave Barry's other books are in this narrative style because he's a surpringly good fiction writer.

(Anyone else suspect that RayAdverb is, in fact, Dave Barry?...)

Journal Entry 5 by idioteqnician at -- Controlled Release in Calgary, Alberta Canada on Thursday, February 27, 2003

Released on Thursday, February 27, 2003 at controlled release in Calgary, Alberta Canada.

My sister said she would read this book. Then I told her it was about computers and she made a face. Then I told her it was funny and she said she'd try it.

Journal Entry 6 by littletortuga from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, February 28, 2003

I accepted this book from my brother as I saw him reading and laughing. I hope it will make me laugh also.