corner corner How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire

How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire
by Kerrelyn Sparks | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by karendawn of Lafayette, Indiana USA on 5/21/2006

status (set by toyjoy): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by karendawn from Lafayette, Indiana USA on Sunday, May 21, 2006

From the back cover:
Roman Draganesti is charming, handsome, rich...he's also a vampire. But this vampire just lost one of his fangs sinking his teeth into something he shouldn't have. Now he has one night to find a dentist before his natural healing abilities close the wound, leaving him a lop-sided eater for all eternity.

Things aren't going well for Shanna Whelan, either. After witnessing a gruesome murder, she's next on the mob's hit list. And her career as a dentist appears to be on a downward spiral because she's afraid of blood. When Roman rescues her from an assassination attempt, she wonders if she's found the one man who can keep her alive. Though the attraction between them is immediate and hot, can Shanna conquer her fear of blood to fix Roman's fang? And if she does, what will prevent Roman from using his fangs on her?

Journal Entry 2 by karendawn from Lafayette, Indiana USA on Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I liked this one overall. I'm not sure that the whole part with Shanna's father and his CIA group was entirely necessary - that part seemed a bit rushed (and her father just seemed to act really immature). But other than that, I really enjoyed reading about Shanna and Roman and hope that there is more about them in future books by this author.

Journal Entry 3 by karendawn at Book Swap in BookRelay.Com, Bookrelay -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, August 24, 2006

Released 10 yrs ago (8/24/2006 UTC) at Book Swap in BookRelay.Com, Bookrelay -- Controlled Releases

on its way to ladiibbug to use as an extra copy for her massive bookring

Journal Entry 4 by ladiibbug from Paradise, California USA on Friday, September 01, 2006

9/1/06 RABCK from KarenDawn arrived today -- Big thanks for answering my Mayday call for a trade for an add'l. copy of this book for the 30+ B/C'rs who signed up for the book ring, LOL!!

RSVD - will re-arrange book ray and send this out in the next couple of days

Journal Entry 5 by ladiibbug from Paradise, California USA on Monday, September 04, 2006

* #1 in the Love at Stake series *

Book Ray #3 for this book - U.S./Int'l.

30 day reading time is appreciated
Surface shipping is fine - Usual rules ...
Pls PM me if any questions & I hope you enjoy the book!

Shipping Order:

Caseyw (TN/US); Sharalsbooks (AZ/US); Terra57 (MA/US); Macewoman (NC/US); Katekintail (VA/US); Moonbeam056 (SC/Intl); Elhurricane (Portugal/Intl); *request be skipped* MinervaBCN (Spain/Intl); Adeps (Sweden/Intl); Wyvernfriend (Ireland/Intl.); Chich (France/Intl); Hengameh (Iran/Intl); Toyjoy (Singapore); Candydarling (Finland/Intl) - End of Ray, CandyD keeps the book.

9/8/06 Mailed to Caseyw - TRAV

Journal Entry 6 by Daelith from Memphis, Tennessee USA on Monday, September 11, 2006

Received this in the mail today for the ring. I'll be starting it right after I finish the book I'm currently reading. Thank you for the Halloween stickers, Ladiibbug!

Journal Entry 7 by Daelith at to a bookcrosser in sent by mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, September 14, 2006

Released 10 yrs ago (9/14/2006 UTC) at to a bookcrosser in sent by mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Put out in the mail this morning to go to Sharalsbooks.

Journal Entry 8 by sharalsbooks from Mesa, Arizona USA on Sunday, September 17, 2006

Received today in the mail. I've been looking forward to reading this one for a while. I will start it as soon as I finish my current read. Thanks for the opportunity to participate in this ring!

Journal Entry 9 by sharalsbooks from Mesa, Arizona USA on Sunday, October 15, 2006

Though I found a lot of the book funny, it quickly started to wear on my nerves and bordering on the ridiculous. I couldn't suspend any disbelief to understand why Shanna acts like an idiot. Personally, if I were being chased by the Russian mob knowing they meant to kill me, the LAST thing I would do is run away from the safest place around. She just came off as too ditzy and once she started to irritate me, I couldn't find much else to carry this story.

Contacting the next person in line for an address.

Journal Entry 10 by sharalsbooks at Bookring in n/a, Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, October 15, 2006

Released 10 yrs ago (10/15/2006 UTC) at Bookring in n/a, Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Book is on the way to terra57 in Massachusetts. Happy Reading!

Journal Entry 11 by terra57 from Hopedale, Massachusetts USA on Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Just received today and will read asap. Have 4 other books in front of this one but I read fast.

Journal Entry 12 by terra57 from Hopedale, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, December 23, 2006

I enjoyed this one but wish I had read it first. I read book 2 first and this one which kind of messed me up a bit. I'll take a hunk vampire anyday, money or no money. Just give me the bod! Will have this out to macewoman on 12/26. It's already to go.

Journal Entry 13 by macewoman from Winston Salem, North Carolina USA on Thursday, January 04, 2007

Arrived safe and sound. I'm almost finished with my current book, so this is great timing.

Journal Entry 14 by macewoman from Winston Salem, North Carolina USA on Friday, January 05, 2007

Fun, quick read. I thought the scene with VANNA was hilarious, and the vampires at Romantech were interesting and well-developed characters. I wasn't thrilled with the whole "harem" concept, but it was a new twist on the vampire story. I agree that Shanna's running away from her only protection was dumb and irritating. The Stake-Out group's inclusion in the story was just odd, but maybe in future books it will be a more developed part of the plot. I did like it enough to start looking for other books by Sparks in this genre.
Thanks to ladiibbug and karendawn for the book and the ray and to everyone else for passing it on.
I have Katekintail's address, so this will be going out this evening or tomorrow morning.

Journal Entry 15 by wingKateKintailwing from Burke, Virginia USA on Monday, January 08, 2007

This arrived in the mail today! I need to finish the book I'm working on right now, but I'll start this during the next day or two. Thanks for the ring & chance to read this! :-)

Journal Entry 16 by wingKateKintailwing from Burke, Virginia USA on Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I finished this book this morning and I already got Moonbeam056's address so I'll send it off in the mail tomorrow or Friday during my lunch break.

*SMALL SPOILERS FOLLOW- but mostly just drooling over nummy vampire boys*

First off, I wasn't sure I would like this book. I usually detest romances because they're so typical and formulaic, and a few months ago I tried reading a vampire romance novel and gave up on page three. But I *adore* vampires and if so many people wanted to read it for a ring, I figured there had to be something there.

After reading it I'm sooooooooooo glad I got the chance to give it a try. I LOVED it! Okay, so Shanna did get on my nerves a lot: a fear of blood when she's supposed to fall in love with a vampire? no common sense whatsoever? a fiery temper? Urg. This is why I don't read romances! However, I definitely fell in love with Roman (the vampire with a conscience thing is soooo cliche but there was a whole lot more to him than that- and plenty of angst, which always gets me). More importantly, I absolutely fell head over heals for his security force. My biggest weakness in fiction is Highlanders and to have a whole gang of kilt-wearing, authentic vampire Highlanders hanging around all the time? Be still my heart! (Shanna can keep Roman, I want Connor!! Or, mmm, Angus... or Ian... or, hey, a whole harem would work just fine...) But I liked the variety of characters and the fact that it wasn't just plain good against evil the whole time. The shades of grey and the many different players here made the plot much enjoyable than I had counted on.

I've read/seen a ton of vampire stories and I thought this one was actually pretty creative and refreshing. I absolutely loved their world/existence- the science/inventions, the sleeping/healing during the day, the traditions, the red eye indicators, the sex. Another reason I avoid romance novels is the overdone, repetitive sex scenes. But I loved that aspect in this book; the concept of vampire sex was fascinating and Roman's appreciation for mental/emotional vs. physical was lovely (just what I, as a woman, like to see). The vampire sex really made the intimacy of the physical connection much more interesting. I've always loved some vampires for their knowledge/experience and passion, so I was glad to see both in good amounts here.

Mmm... and sexy Scottish Highlander vamps, did I mention that was my favorite part? *G*

I enjoyed it so much I think I might go right out and buy a copy for myself now. How delightfully unexpected. Thank you ladiibbug for giving me a chance to read this! I'm absolutely looking forward to the sequel! :-)

EDIT: Sent out last night (01/18/07) around 10pm first class with confirmation. And I just bought myself a copy for my collection. heehee

Journal Entry 17 by MoonBeam056 from Pawleys Island, South Carolina USA on Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Arrived in Pawleys Island yesterday, safe and sound. I've already started reading and am really enjoying this book. I'll journal again when I'm done. Thanks for sharing Ladiibbug!

Journal Entry 18 by MoonBeam056 from Pawleys Island, South Carolina USA on Thursday, January 25, 2007

This book got off to a strong start, but my interest was waning by the end. Still it was worth reading and quite funny in parts. I love the fact that there was an entire army of Scottish vampires in the cast. That was probably my favorite part ;-)

I'll ship this weekend to the next participant.

Journal Entry 19 by MoonBeam056 at to a bookcrosser in sent by mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Friday, February 09, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (2/9/2007 UTC) at to a bookcrosser in sent by mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Sorry it took me so long to get this one in the mail, but it's on its way!

Journal Entry 20 by ElHurricane on Friday, February 16, 2007

And here it is! Arrived today.
Thanks karendawn and MoonBeam 056

Journal Entry 21 by ElHurricane on Wednesday, April 18, 2007

First of all, I'm sorry for taking so long.
Just finished reading it today.
Quite funny in parts, the variety of characters gives it a special touch.
Thanks ladiibbug for the chance to read it.

MinervaBCN asked to be skipped so I'm waiting for Adeps address.

Journal Entry 22 by ElHurricane on Thursday, April 26, 2007

On its way to Sweden.
Have a nice trip.

Journal Entry 23 by adeps from Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden on Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Arrived today. Thanks a lot for sharing!

Journal Entry 24 by adeps from Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden on Saturday, June 09, 2007

A light read that I quite enjoyed. Not too much, though, I like vampires to be vampires and not these "modern vamps", I found myself voting for Ivan :P
The thing I liked about Roman was his arrogance, the "so I'm a vampire, get over it", but I didn't like this "abandoned by God" thing, which, unfortunately, was his stronger side, so I mostly found him annoying. And Shanna was annoying, too, but also quite funny from time to time.
Me, too, I found the part with the Stake-Out Team to be unnecessary, at least for this part of the series.
The book had its moments, but towards the end my interest faltered a bit. I don't think I'll be up for the sequel.

Sending off to Wyvernfriend after the weekend. Thanks again for sharing!

Journal Entry 25 by adeps from Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden on Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Mailed it yesterday

Journal Entry 26 by wyvernfriend from Lucan, Co. Dublin Ireland on Thursday, June 21, 2007

arrived last week, now playing catchup

Journal Entry 27 by wyvernfriend from Lucan, Co. Dublin Ireland on Friday, July 13, 2007

He's Roman Draganesti, and he's trying to develop an artifical blood product, because he's a vampire and he hates the fact that the bloodlust can kill people. When testing a new product he breaks a tooth. He finds Shanna Whelan, a late night dentist afraid of blood. He's attracted to her and curious about her because she's not so succeptable to his power. There also seems to be someone trying to kill her.

It's a slight, pretty typical vampire novel but is very readable and drags you along for an enjoyable ride.

Read it a few weeks ago but just now playing catchup.

Journal Entry 28 by wyvernfriend from Lucan, Co. Dublin Ireland on Monday, July 16, 2007

In an envelope, addressed and ready to go, should go in the post tomorrow via husband.

Journal Entry 29 by chich from Sant Antoni de Portmany, Illes Balears/Islas Baleares Spain on Monday, July 30, 2007

Image hosting by Photobucket Book received today, thanks for passing it on Wyvernfriend!

I'll finish the book I'm reading right now and will get right on to this one:)

Journal Entry 30 by chich from Sant Antoni de Portmany, Illes Balears/Islas Baleares Spain on Saturday, August 04, 2007

What a fun, quick read! I really enjoyed reading about the wacky life at Romantech, complete with Chocolood, VANNA and vampire highlanders in kilts:) I liked the characters, which were well-developed and thought the book was full of very funny and new ideas that give a new, modern twist to the vampire world. I wasn't aware that there was a follow-up to this book but I''ll make sure to read it as soon as I can:)

Thanks for sharing ladiibbug!

I''ve PMed Hengameh and will send her the book as soon as she gives me her address.

Journal Entry 31 by chich from Sant Antoni de Portmany, Illes Balears/Islas Baleares Spain on Monday, August 06, 2007

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Book sent to Hengameh today, enjoy!

Journal Entry 32 by Hengameh from Tehran, Tehran Iran on Wednesday, October 31, 2007

the book is here. i have one book ahead of it and will start it asap.thanks for sharing.

Journal Entry 33 by Hengameh from Tehran, Tehran Iran on Saturday, January 05, 2008

the book is finished. thanks for sharing. i'll contact candydarling for her address.
thanks again.

Journal Entry 34 by toyjoy on Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Thank you Hengameh for sending to me! And thank you thank you thank you to ladiibbug!!! For letting me to 'cut in' midway of the ray before Candydarling who's at the end of the ray - Thank you for your patience Candydarling! I'll try to get to it soon as I still have quite a few books to move on!!!

11/08/08
There's an crossover of books as I happen to be the last person of a part of the Ray for the same book - http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/4337312/, so arrangements will be the book is to be sent directly to CandyDarling, and current book will be with me. And CandyDarling is able to get the book sooner & keeps it too!

Journal Entry 35 by ladiibbug from Paradise, California USA on Sunday, August 17, 2008

8/13/08 Book Ray Organizer Note :-)

Yes, Toyjoy, you are now the final reader in this book ray, the book is yours to keep as your own to do with as you wish! Thanks for your patience, Toy, as we tried to fit you into one of the various rings :-)

CandyDarling, the former final reader in this ray, has a different copy of this book en route to her. Thanks to CandyDarling also for her flexiblity.

Journal Entry 36 by toyjoy on Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Had finish reading it! It's an enjoyable ride!

Journal Entry 37 by toyjoy on Sunday, December 20, 2009