corner corner Sing Down The Moon (Yearling Newbery)

Sing Down The Moon (Yearling Newbery)
by Scott O'Dell | Children's Books
Registered by appaloosatb of Rochester, Minnesota USA on 5/17/2006

status (set by necoconeco): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by appaloosatb from Rochester, Minnesota USA on Wednesday, May 17, 2006

To be read.

Journal Entry 2 by appaloosatb from Rochester, Minnesota USA on Monday, June 19, 2006

One morning when 14-year-old Bright Morning and her friend Running Deer are watching their sheep, they are captured by slavers. They manage to escape, only to find themselves forced with the rest of their tribe on the long walk known as the Trail of Tears.

Journal Entry 3 by appaloosatb from Rochester, Minnesota USA on Sunday, September 10, 2006

Mailing to yourotherleft. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by yourotherleft from Danville, Pennsylvania USA on Friday, November 03, 2006

Came in the mail today. Thanks! =)

Journal Entry 5 by yourotherleft from Danville, Pennsylvania USA on Wednesday, January 03, 2007

I think I read this when I was younger. I love Scott O'Dell's books, he writes great books for young adults that aren't written like they are for a younger crowd. This is a great story that brings to life difficulties Native Americans faced with the advancement of white Americans upon their land. O'Dell brings the history to life.

This is on its way to lauraloo29 thru a reverse wish list relay. Enjoy! =)

Journal Entry 6 by winglauraloo29wing from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Arrived safe and sound today. Thank you!

Journal Entry 7 by winglauraloo29wing from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, May 01, 2007

I too like Scott O'Dell books. Heartbreaking and still hopeful.

Journal Entry 8 by winglauraloo29wing from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sending as a RABCK to hippolein. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 9 by wingnecoconecowing from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, June 13, 2008

book arrived safely in Helsinki. Wonder how you knew I liked Indians ???
Thanks lauraloo29 for sending it!