corner corner A Fool And His Honey: An Aurora Teagarden Mystery (#6)

A Fool And His Honey: An Aurora Teagarden Mystery (#6)
by Charlaine Harris | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by CheriePie of Campbell, California USA on 5/15/2006

status (set by Soozreader): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by CheriePie from Campbell, California USA on Monday, May 15, 2006

Requested this book through PaperBackSwap.com on behalf of NeedSun who's collecting the series (but can't participate in PBS since she's in Canada). :(

Book Description
Sleepness nights, a cross-country chase and a temporary stint at motherhood turn Aurora Teagarden's life upside down. When her husband's niece Regina shows up unannounced on their doorstep with a baby and a secret, Aurora's perpetual curiosity leaps into overdrive—especially when the body of the girl's husband is found ax murdered in her own backyard.

Regina flees the scene, and Aurora is left holding the baby, struggling with the intricacies of bottles, diapers—and a mystery. What was Regina running from? Why was her husband murdered? The answers are hidden back in Ohio, and that's just where Aurora goes, husband, baby and all. But Regina's secrets are very dangerous and Aurora walks right into them—much to her own peril.

Journal Entry 2 by CheriePie from Campbell, California USA on Friday, March 14, 2008

This is the sixth installment in Charlaine Harris's now defunct Aurora Teagarden mystery series, which go up to book number 8. In A Fool and His Honey, we meet a few new members of Roe's husband Martin's family, including Martin's niece Regina who has shown up on their doorstep with a new baby in tow, not even a month old yet.

Unfortunately, when Regina's new husband Craig turns up dead on the doorsteps leading to the garage apartment, and Regina suddenly goes missing, leaving baby Hayden behind, Roe and Martin need to head up to Regina's hometown in rural Ohio to find answers, and return the baby to... someone... anyone!

For some reason, this particular installment in the Aurora Teagarden mysteries seemed a bit more shallow than the previous ones, though it's hard to put my finger on exactly what was missing. By the end, I was left feeling a little bit empty, and I wonder if maybe that was done on purpose. You've got Roe's whole back story about how she can't conceive children, the fact that Martin was previously married and has an older son who doesn't really acknowledge Roe as his father's new wife and didn't even bother to attend their wedding, and then an even more jaw dropping surprise at the very end.

Overall, a quick and interesting read and definitely a pivotal point in the series. I believe many of the events that happened herein will be fairly significant for the last two books of the series.

This is now reserved for NeedSun, and will be included with the next package of books I sent to her.

Journal Entry 3 by CheriePie at RABCK in USPS First Class International, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, April 10, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (4/10/2008 UTC) at RABCK in USPS First Class International, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases

Mailed to Joanne (NeedSun), along with Plum Lucky, Highland Mist, and Night Watch, on 4/10/08 via First Class Mail International.

Journal Entry 4 by NeedSun from Perth Road, Ontario Canada on Thursday, April 24, 2008

Thank you so much. I will get this spiral moving pretty soon.

Journal Entry 5 by NeedSun from Perth Road, Ontario Canada on Thursday, March 26, 2009

Well, this book was really hard to rate. I found Aurora really whinny and not nearly as strong as in the previous books. She became quite annoying to me by the end... however....the end was quite a shock and that makes me want to rate it a bit higher. I love being surprised!

Winging off to Wyvernfriend.

Journal Entry 6 by NeedSun from Perth Road, Ontario Canada on Thursday, March 26, 2009

Here are all the books in this series that are going to be sent out in a book spiral.

1. Real Murders
2. A Bone to Pick
3. Three Bedrooms, One Corpse
4. The Julius House
5. Dead Over Heels
6. A Fool and His Honey
7. Last Scene Alive
8. Poppy Done to Death

Here are the participants and mailing order:

Wyvernfriend--->Ireland/Europe
sunlightbub--->UK/Int

Rianonne--->Austria/Europe
Not 1.Real Murders or 2.Bone to Pick)

CandyDarling--->Finland/int
Morgaine77--->Germany/int
shaunesay-->USA/US,Can
(Not 3.Three Bedrooms; 7.Last Scene Alive)

lizziwhizz-->USA/USA
(Only needs #6 A fool and his Honey)

Return to Cheriepie

MaplesFlowers-->USA/USA
(Only needs #5 Dead Over Heels)

Journal Entry 7 by NeedSun from Perth Road, Ontario Canada on Friday, March 27, 2009

Sent today by air to Wyvernfriend

Journal Entry 8 by wyvernfriend from Lucan, Co. Dublin Ireland on Tuesday, March 31, 2009

just arrived

finally got around to reviewing it.

Aurora Teagarden has a visit from her husband's niece, Regina, who has a baby with her. When Regina's husband turns up dead in Aurora's backgarden and Regina goes missing Aurora becomes involved in the mystery.

Interesting and complicated and I enjoyed the read.

Journal Entry 9 by Sunnybubble from Wallasey, Merseyside United Kingdom on Sunday, November 08, 2009

Got this last week, but had no internet..Now back online and hoping to get to this soon!

Journal Entry 10 by Sunnybubble from Wallasey, Merseyside United Kingdom on Thursday, December 31, 2009

A quick read that I enjoyed. Roe has a tough time in this one, and again I enjoyed the fact that all the characters ( not just the villans) have faults and foibles..Just awaiting next partipants address before getting this moving. Apols for the delay x

Journal Entry 11 by wingCandyDarlingwing from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, February 20, 2010

Got this in the mail last week, thank you! I'm looking forward to reading more Aurora Teagarden books!

Journal Entry 12 by wingCandyDarlingwing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, July 15, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (7/15/2016 UTC) at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Found this on Soozreader's wishlist. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 13 by wingSoozreaderwing at Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland on Friday, July 15, 2016

Thank you for this wishlist book!:)