corner corner The Da Vinci Code

The Da Vinci Code
by Dan Brown | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by icekween01 of St. Louis, Missouri USA on Tuesday, May 09, 2006

status (set by milkeyway): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by icekween01 from St. Louis, Missouri USA on Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I enjoyed this book, even though I am not usually into mystery thrillers. Thoroughly engaging. A quick easy read that you can't put down.

Passing on to Andr0id.

Journal Entry 2 by icekween01 at -- By post or by hand-ie ring, trade, RABCK, meet in St. Louis, Missouri USA on Monday, May 15, 2006

Released 7 yrs ago (5/15/2006 UTC) at -- By post or by hand-ie ring, trade, RABCK, meet in St. Louis, Missouri USA

passed it on to Andr0id so we can go see the movie this weekend! :)

Journal Entry 3 by andr0id from St. Louis, Missouri USA on Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The content was interesting, but the characters were weak. The dialogue was often miserable - even though the subject matter intrigued me. The author makes great judgement in using 2-4 page chapters -- which made the book extremely easy to read. By far not the worst book I've read, but also not the best. I like the idea of using these thoughta to write a novel, but I don't feel there was enough attention paid to the story, the characters, and the plot. It is as if the author was obsessed with the theories and then just threw a flimsy story on top. I know it was very popular book, but I am convinced it was for the theoretical content only. And of course the puzzle aspects were very cool and catchy, but I would have loved to see them solved by deeper characters.

I'm also going to add a blurb regarding the movie version: I figured the bad reviews were going to be in line with my review of the book. The characters were going to be stale insomuch as they were. I was wrong. Tom Hanks managed to take a character I thought was 2 dimesional and make it WORSE. He turned the character into a zombie. Booo!

Read the book, because it is interesting enough. Don't bother with the movie.

Returned to icekween01.

Journal Entry 4 by icekween01 from St. Louis, Missouri USA on Sunday, June 11, 2006

received back from Andr0id

Journal Entry 5 by icekween01 at -- By post or by hand-ie ring, trade, RABCK, meet in St. Louis, Missouri USA on Thursday, September 21, 2006

Released 7 yrs ago (9/21/2006 UTC) at -- By post or by hand-ie ring, trade, RABCK, meet in St. Louis, Missouri USA

sending off as a rabck

ENJOY!!

Happy Bookcrossing!

Journal Entry 6 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Saturday, October 07, 2006

Rcvd as an RABCK. I was very surprised to get in this in the mail. Thank you!

Journal Entry 7 by milkeyway from Bloomfield, New Jersey USA on Saturday, October 07, 2006

Rcvd as an RABCK. I was very surprised to get in this in the mail. Thank you!