corner corner "B" Is For Burglar

"B" Is For Burglar
by Sue Grafton | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by LFL676 of West Springfield, Massachusetts USA on Tuesday, December 10, 2002

status (set by AnonymousFinder): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by LFL676 from West Springfield, Massachusetts USA on Tuesday, December 10, 2002

Hope someone will enjoy this book.....

Journal Entry 2 by LFL676 from West Springfield, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, February 15, 2003

Going Out to another bookcrosser

Journal Entry 3 by LFL676 from West Springfield, Massachusetts USA on Friday, February 21, 2003

off to a fellow bookcrosser Raftqueen

Journal Entry 4 by RaftQueen from Mosinee, Wisconsin USA on Monday, February 24, 2003

I just got this book in the mail today... and I just finished A is for Alibit over the weekend! What great timing!! Thanks LFL676!!

Journal Entry 5 by RaftQueen at -- By Hand or Post. Ray/ring, Rabck in Mosinee, Wisconsin USA on Tuesday, February 25, 2003

Release planned for Wednesday, February 26, 2003 at Fellow Bookcrosser in Mosinee, Wisconsin USA.

This is being sent to Germany! What a travelling book!! Enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by wingHerrundmeyerwing from Heilbronn, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Tuesday, March 04, 2003

Got this in the mail today. Thanks, RaftQueen! Having checked with pgsahm as regards the 'A' is for Alibi bookring, I will probably not wait for it to get into the series. A slim book that I'd probably best read parallelly to the beautiful hardcover edition of Jack Faust. I won't take the latter with me on public transport.

Journal Entry 7 by wingHerrundmeyerwing from Heilbronn, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Monday, March 10, 2003

A quick read, and a good one, too. The only thing that seems a bit odd is the lack of more modern information/telecommunication technology. Every now and then you wait for the private investigator to use the Internet or a mobile phone (or even a PC instead of a typewriter), but this book dates back to the middle of the 80s… Recommendable nonetheless.

Journal Entry 8 by wingHerrundmeyerwing from Heilbronn, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Sunday, March 16, 2003

This book is now on the road, forming an international bookray (B is for Bookray). Participants are (BCers with names and locations in bold print have already made a journal entry):

01. Frank-63 (Stuttgart, Germany)
02. Buecher-Eule (Schwaikheim, Germany)
03. Muffin77 (Köln, Germany)
04. Prospero (Köln, Germany)
05. 16stepper (Arizona, USA)
06. PenelopePitstop (Lombardia, Italy)
07. Auro (Lombardia, Italy)

08. starrpeace (Saskatchewan, Canada) has read the book already - will be skipped
09. Robbiesmum (Lancashire, UK)
10. rern (New York, USA)
11. soulianis (Duisburg, Germany)
12. suzen (Seine Saint-Denis, France)
13. WistfulDragon (London, UK)
14. Lady-Mondegreen (Hampshire, UK)
15. tswiebel (Steinheim, Germany)
16. YOU ?

PM me if you'd like to join! I'm adding new participants chronologically, so the order might seem a bit confused, but it's only fair.

Journal Entry 9 by wingHerrundmeyerwing at mailed to a fellow bookcrosser in Gelsenkirchen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Monday, March 17, 2003

Released on Monday, March 17, 2003 at mailed to a fellow bookcrosser in Gelsenkirchen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany.

Mailed out to Frank-63 as part of the little bookray.

Journal Entry 10 by frank-63 from Berlin, Berlin Germany on Wednesday, March 19, 2003

Gotcha! Now it's on me to read it quickly and ray it further ... thanx Herrundmeyer!

Journal Entry 11 by frank-63 from Berlin, Berlin Germany on Thursday, May 08, 2003

.... not as quick as i planed, sorry :-(
the first complete readed english book since long time (but not the last :-))
the figure of the female detective is interesting and liven up the criminalists scene. i'm sure this was not my last sue crafton capital letter.

Journal Entry 12 by frank-63 at Gensfleisch im Literaturhaus Stgt (Bosch-Areal) - geschlossen - in Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Thursday, May 08, 2003

Release planned for Tuesday, May 13, 2003 at „Gensfleisch“ im Literaturhaus Stgt (Bosch-Areal) in Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg Germany.

I bring it along to the bc-meetup in stuttgart for the next ray-member "buecher-eule"

Journal Entry 13 by Buecher-Eule from Schwaikheim, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Thursday, May 15, 2003

Just finished A and reading J, but then I will go back to B again, because it's on a bookray. A was a bit boring, J is definetly better and I hope improvement will start already with B for better :-)
Thanks Frank-63.

Journal Entry 14 by Buecher-Eule from Schwaikheim, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Thursday, June 12, 2003

It's much better than A, so if improvement will go on at this rate - beware of Z ;-)

It's on it's way to Muffin77 with the Deutsche Bundespost.

Enjoy!

Journal Entry 15 by Muffin77 from Leipzig, Sachsen Germany on Thursday, June 12, 2003

JAAAAA - es ist daaaaaaa (wurde soeben mit der 2. Unipostfuhre geliefert =:o))!!!! Werde noch heute anfangen, es zu lesen und dann so schnell wie möglich, dem lieben Prospero in die Hand drücken....

-----

EDIT: Why did I post my journal entry in German?????? I really don't know why I did it - anyway, it said that the book is with me and as of today (June 18th) I am a bit more than halfway through... it is A LOT better than "A is for Alibi" - I hope to finish soon so the travel can continue... =:o)

Journal Entry 16 by Muffin77 from Leipzig, Sachsen Germany on Thursday, June 19, 2003

So I finished the book (finally) - and I must say, it was really MUCH better than "A is for Alibi" - the first book she has written. Towards the end her books get really good - but in between they are a bit boring...
-----
I will either give it to Prospero personally tomorrow - or if he doesn't come to the Café I will have to meet him another day.

Journal Entry 17 by Muffin77 at Postal release to fellow bookcrosser in -- Per Post geschickt / Persönlich weitergegeben --, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Saturday, June 21, 2003

Released on Saturday, June 21, 2003 at Postal release to fellow bookcrosser in Cologne/Köln, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany.

Pretty dumb - mais c'est la vie - I send the book via German Postal Service (give your best!!!!) to Prospero. Although we live in the same city I have no time to meet him and hand him the book personally (which would be the much safer way!!!). Good luck little book!!!!

Journal Entry 18 by Prospero from Duisburg, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Wednesday, June 25, 2003

The German Post is not so bad as we all think - had it in the mail today and will read it asap. :-)
Ad Astra

Journal Entry 19 by Prospero from Duisburg, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Tuesday, September 02, 2003

So I ended it - finally. I appreciated it a lot, but other things came in the way.
I liked it, it was a fun to read and I have now a new series that I can collect. :-)

Journal Entry 20 by Prospero at on Tuesday, September 02, 2003

Released on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 at Per Snailmail / Via Deutsche Post in Koeln, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany.

On it's way to Arizona - I hope the German Post will it bring soon to 16stopper. :-)

Journal Entry 21 by 16stepper from Gilbert, Arizona USA on Monday, September 15, 2003

Kinsey has successfully made it to Arizona. Adding to my stack of other rays.

Journal Entry 22 by 16stepper from Gilbert, Arizona USA on Sunday, November 23, 2003

Love Kinsey in all the books. Great to go back to the beginning and get the history. This was a great mystery. Kept me guessing almost as long as it kept Kinsey guessing. Very enjoyable read. Thanks for starting the ray, Herrundmeyer! I will try to get this out in the mail Monday. I'm on vacation, but should be able to find a post office anyway!

Journal Entry 23 by PenelopePitstop from Melzo, Lombardia Italy on Saturday, December 06, 2003

Arrived this morning, I have just finished E, F and N and now I am really curious...:-)

Journal Entry 24 by PenelopePitstop from Melzo, Lombardia Italy on Thursday, December 18, 2003

I liked it very much, but the more I read Kinsey Millhone's advenures the more i like them and her :-)
The book is leaving today and is travelling to Auro.

Journal Entry 25 by Auro from Milano, Lombardia Italy on Thursday, December 25, 2003

got it!
i'll try to pass it as soon as i can...
(merry christmas to all!)

Journal Entry 26 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Tuesday, January 05, 2010

journal entry inserita tramite www.bookcrossing-italy.com

CAUGHT IN MILANO LOMBARDIA ITALIA