corner corner Seuss-Isms (Life Favors(TM))

Seuss-Isms (Life Favors(TM))
by Dr. Seuss | Humor
Registered by mississippimom of Olive Branch, Mississippi USA on Sunday, April 30, 2006

status (set by futurecat): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by mississippimom from Olive Branch, Mississippi USA on Sunday, April 30, 2006

Wise and witty prescriptions for living from the good Doctor.

Book Description
This book contains prescriptions for wisdom written by the good doctor himself: "A person's a person, no matter how small." and "UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." In his remarkablely perceptive trademark style, America's favorite doctor takes on everything from aging to activism, popovers to green eggs and ham, belief in others to belief in yourself. Irreverent and refreshing, here's a book no self-respecting Seussophile should be without!

In the introduction by Audrey Geisel there is a poem originally published in praise of Reader's Digest Condensed Books...

It has often been said
there's so much to be read,
you never can cram
all those words in your head.

So the writer who breeds
more words than he needs
is making a chore
for the reader who reads.

That's why my belief is
the briefer the brief is,
the great the sigh
of the reader's relief is.

And that's why your books
have such power and strength.
You publish with shorth!
(Shorth is better than length.)

Journal Entry 2 by mississippimom at RABCK in RABCK, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Friday, November 09, 2007

Released 6 yrs ago (11/9/2007 UTC) at RABCK in RABCK, RABCK -- Controlled Releases

A Holiday Surprise for TexasWren!
Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by wingTexasWrenwing from Hillsboro, Texas USA on Tuesday, November 27, 2007

How can you ever go wrong by taking time to read Dr Seuss? He always makes me smile.

Can I just add that I love your labels? Everywhere I looked you had a cute label or sticker. Very, very nice!!! I love the mailbox one! And the state one! Very creative!!

Edited because, once again, I spelled Seuss wrong! ;-)

Journal Entry 4 by wingTexasWrenwing from Hillsboro, Texas USA on Thursday, April 03, 2008

Thank you so much for sharing this with me. I had so much fun with it.

I'm sending this to Mojosmom to hold until my New Zealand BookCrossing friends,Futurecat and Otakuu, arrive at her house. They needed some small, light books to release on their world tour!

Hi you guys!!! Have fun!!!!

Journal Entry 5 by mojosmom from Chicago, Illinois USA on Monday, April 07, 2008

This arrived today, and will be passed on to my Kiwi visitor for release on her travels.

Journal Entry 6 by wingfuturecatwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Thursday, April 24, 2008

Arrived last night at Mojosmom's, and found a bundle of books waiting for me.

Thanks TexasWren, and see you in a week or so!

^ ^
=+=

Journal Entry 7 by wingfuturecatwing at Canadian Museum of Civilization in Gatineau, Québec Canada on Monday, April 28, 2008

Released 5 yrs ago (4/26/2008 UTC) at Canadian Museum of Civilization in Gatineau, Québec Canada

On a table in the cafe area. Happy bookcrossing to the finder!

^ ^