corner corner The Ferryman Will Be There

The Ferryman Will Be There
by Rosemary Aubert | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by Pooker3 of Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Saturday, April 29, 2006

status (set by AnonymousFinder): available

Journal Entry 1 by Pooker3 from Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Saturday, April 29, 2006

From a cover blurb: "Toronto comes to life in _The Ferryman Will Be There_, with characters that are quirky and multilayered, in a story that wends its ways like the city's ravines to the heart of the matter. Aubert's deft and subtle hand deals us into a Toronto of film festival glitz, urban revitalization, street people and crime."

Journal Entry 2 by Pooker3 at The Forks - see release note for details in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Saturday, July 01, 2006

Released 8 yrs ago (7/1/2006 UTC) at The Forks - see release note for details in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

at the stairs leading down to the riverbus.

Journal Entry 3 by Winnerpegeh from Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Strangely enough the book came to me.

CAUGHT IN WINNIPEG MANITOBA CANADA

Journal Entry 4 by Ljung from Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden on Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Caught the book in a hotel in Stockholm. It's a perfectly okay whodunnit (although, I still haven't read the final chapters). I plan on releasing it back into the wild in the cafeteria at my university in Göteborg.

CAUGHT IN STOCKHOLM SWEDEN

Edit: I decided to release the book in Odense, Denmark at the university there (Syddansk) during the H.C. Andersen Marathon.

Journal Entry 5 by LastMinute-Lisa from Thunder Bay, Ontario Canada on Monday, December 03, 2007

I found the book at Hyde Park Inn, a hostel in the Bayswater area. Someone left it on the counter and after I read the book crossing tag, I was completely intrigued with the idea! Shortly afterwards I travelled to Ireland where I finished it and will be releasing it on the hostel bookswap shelf.

As far as novels go, it was a good read. I liked the descriptions about places in Toronto and surrounding area as I have lived in Southern Ontario for a few years and am familiar with them. I thought there was a bit too much past history with the main character to get caught up on but I gather it is one in a series of mysteries with the same protagonist.

Interestingly there was the theme of only moving forward not backwards in the novel. This is a concept that has been reoccurring in my life in some way or another in the past little while!

Journal Entry 6 by LastMinute-Lisa at Avalon House Hostel in Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland on Monday, December 03, 2007

Released 6 yrs ago (12/3/2007 UTC) at Avalon House Hostel in Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland

The book swapping shelf downstairs in the hostel

Journal Entry 7 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I picked it up in the Avalon House Hostel. I was looking for a quite night after a 18 day stay and found it in the free books. It's a very easy read and it traveled with me to Rome, Greece, and back to the Geyser, MT, USA. I'm droping it off in the L.A.C.E. (Learning Assistance Center for Excelence)at the University of Montana Western. I wish I could have dropped it off in Rome but, the Hostel we stayed at was really nasty and I didn't want a decent book to be destroyed. Hopefully the next reader will find it entertaining...

CAUGHT IN DUBLIN IRELAND