corner corner Bread Alone : A Novel

Bread Alone : A Novel
by Judith R. Hendricks | Women's Fiction
Registered by chronicbooker3 of Hamilton, Ontario Canada on 4/23/2006

status (set by OSO-189982): available

Journal Entry 1 by chronicbooker3 from Hamilton, Ontario Canada on Sunday, April 23, 2006

I have promised this book to someone and when I found it at bookcloseouts I picked it up so that I could keep my copy and send this one on.

Journal Entry 2 by chronicbooker3 from Hamilton, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Putting this in the mail today for softdrink. Hope you enjoy the read.

Journal Entry 3 by OSO-189982 on Friday, May 05, 2006

Received in this week's mail.
Thank you so much for offering it, and then buying a second copy, and sending it out of country!!
I just finished a book, so I think I'll ignore the towering TBR pile and start this one next.

Journal Entry 4 by OSO-189982 on Saturday, May 06, 2006

I loved this book. I loved it so much I started reading it at 9pm and I stayed up until 1:30am to finish it. I haven't done that in ages. It felt good at the time. Today, it doesn't feel so good...although I still love the book.

chronicbooker3 sent me this book after she read my LJ entry on Hendrick's other book, Isobel's Daughter. There is just something about Hendrick's writing that reaches out and grabs me. I fell in love with her characters, and I fell in love with Seattle. Not to mention, I'm a sucker for a happy ending.

And, Wyn's favorite place is the central coast of California, my home! In particular, she mentions Pismo Beach, which is about 30 miles south of me. I enjoy finding familiar stuff like that as I'm reading a book.

Thanks again for sharing this wonderful book with me!