corner corner single and single

single and single
by John le Carré | Literature & Fiction
Registered by kizmiaz of Belém , Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on 4/21/2006

status (set by ealasaidmae): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by kizmiaz from Belém , Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Friday, April 21, 2006

A corporate lawyer from the House of Single & Single is shot dead on a Turkish hillside for crimes he doesn't understand. A children's entertainer in Devon his hauled to his local bank to explain a tremendous influx of cash. A Russian freighter is arrested in the Black Sea. A celebrated London financier vanishes. A British customs officer is on a trail of corruption and murder.
What does all this have in common? You'll have to read it to know, but let me tell you right now it all comes together in the end.
A fine thriller with a lot of twists and turns.

Journal Entry 2 by kizmiaz from Belém , Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Going on a loan to lisatam, hope you enjoy it.

Journal Entry 3 by lisatam from Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Saturday, July 15, 2006

Just received it. Will try to be brief. Thanks Kizmiaz, for sharing.

Journal Entry 4 by lisatam from Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Friday, July 21, 2006

As usual, John LeCarré envolves us in a hugely thrilling story! If rather confusing in the begining, you can't let the book go until you finish reading it. Thanks again, Kizmiaz, for sharing!
I am sending it back to you next week. Please acknowledge reception, ok?

Journal Entry 5 by kizmiaz from Belém , Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Thursday, July 27, 2006

And it's home, safe and sound and ready for new readers.

Journal Entry 6 by kizmiaz from Belém , Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Monday, July 16, 2007

Reserved for a BRay.

BRay rules:
- I think a month is time enough for you to read this book if you think you won't make it no problem, just let me know so I can post a little warning to the following BC'er, it's all a matter of courtesy;
- Please do not forget to make a JE when you get it and when you send it on to the next, that way we'll all know where the book is;
- There is no limit to people on this BRay, the more the merrier;
- I'll organize this by country so it won't be too pricey for anyone;
- Because life's hard for a lot of us, please feel free to ship by surface mail;
- The last person on the BRay is free to do with the book as he pleases, you might even want to help it continuing its journey.

Sending it today (23.07.2007) to pentax.

Who's in:

- pentax (Portugal)
- PedroGamaVieira (Portugal)
- fungaga (Portugal)
- ElHurricane (Portugal)
- iliotropio (Belgium)
- ealasaidmae (USA)

Journal Entry 7 by pentax from Porto - City, Porto Portugal on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Just received it. Will try to be brief. Thanks Kizmiaz, for sharing.

Journal Entry 8 by pentax from Porto - City, Porto Portugal on Friday, August 03, 2007

A friend offered this book in portuguese to my husband, this week.

So, be going to follow to Elhurricane, hardly receive green light.

Very much obliged by the share...:)))))

Journal Entry 9 by pentax from Porto - City, Porto Portugal on Saturday, August 04, 2007

Elhurricane at this moment cannot receive the book...

I am going to send message to PGV :)))

Journal Entry 10 by pentax from Porto - City, Porto Portugal on Monday, August 06, 2007

it''s going to PGV tomorrow:))))

Journal Entry 11 by PedroGamaVieira from Ponta Delgada (São Miguel), Açores Portugal on Thursday, August 16, 2007

Got it! Thanks, pentax and kizmiaz! I''ll try not to take to long!

Journal Entry 12 by PedroGamaVieira from Ponta Delgada (São Miguel), Açores Portugal on Tuesday, October 02, 2007

I'm having some trouble getting into it. I'm giving it another try. Either way, I'll finish with it in about a week.

Journal Entry 13 by PedroGamaVieira from Ponta Delgada (São Miguel), Açores Portugal on Friday, October 26, 2007

Usually I don't like books that I take too much time reading. Or maybe vice-versa.
This one was the exception. The book is very good, the characters, the story, the way it is written, everything keeps you hooked up to it. Couldn't let go, although I had trouble reading more then 5 pages per day (due to my life, not the book).

Thank you, Kizmiaz and Pentax. I'll send it to Fungaga right away.

Journal Entry 14 by fungaga from Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Saturday, November 10, 2007

It arrived, thanks PedroGamaVieira. Unfortunatly I'm a slow reader these days, but I don't have a big TBR pile right now...

Journal Entry 15 by fungaga from Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Wednesday, January 02, 2008

I started the book last week, so this month it will for sure continue its journey. Sorry kizmiaz for not saying anything for two months...

Journal Entry 16 by fungaga from Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Thursday, January 17, 2008

It's my first book from this author and I didn't enjoy his style very much. The fact that I can only read for 10 ou 15 minutos each time these days certainly didn't help. When I was entering the story, it was time to stop... one thing I really disliked was the way the characters were based on sterotypes (specially in the beginning, the bad guys from Turkey and Russia are rather ofensive to these countries...). Anyway, thank's for the opportunity, kizmiaz, it will go on his journey.

Journal Entry 17 by ElHurricane on Thursday, January 24, 2008

And here it is! Probably I'll take a little bit longer to read it...

Journal Entry 18 by ElHurricane on Sunday, June 01, 2008

Finished reading it last friday, but only today I've got the chance to do this JE.
Rather confusing at the beginning, the story starts to get more understandable as you advance on the reading.
I didn't liked the way it ends. It seemed so logical.
Thanks kizmiaz for the oportunitty.

It goes on its voyage, as long as I got the OK from the next one.

silvia-pco asked to be passed. Contacting the next one on the list

Journal Entry 19 by ElHurricane on Tuesday, June 17, 2008

And it goes today to Belgium to meat iliotropio

Journal Entry 20 by iliotropio from Bruxelles / Brussel, Bruxelles / Brussel Belgium on Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Single & Single is now in Brussels, the heart of Europe...
Many thanks ElHurricane!

Journal Entry 21 by iliotropio from Bruxelles / Brussel, Bruxelles / Brussel Belgium on Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Vintage Le Carre!
On its way to ealasaidmae. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 22 by ealasaidmae from New Orleans, Louisiana USA on Tuesday, September 02, 2008

It's here! Thanks iliotropio, and everyone else!

Journal Entry 23 by ealasaidmae from New Orleans, Louisiana USA on Tuesday, September 09, 2008

He's done it again. I've never read a bad book by John le Carre. I hope he keeps writing and writing!

I've posted this in the forums, kizmiaz, to see if anyone else wants to read it. I'm on my way over there now to check the thread...It's been up for a few days with no takers, so I'll just release the book instead. Sorry, kizmiaz!

Journal Entry 24 by ealasaidmae at Clay Center in Charleston, West Virginia USA on Monday, September 22, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (9/22/2008 UTC) at Clay Center in Charleston, West Virginia USA

left on a bench in front of the center

Welcome to Bookcrossing! I've registered this book here so that I can keep up on where it goes, who reads it, and what they thought of it. Please leave a quick journal entry so I know it's safe with you, then read and enjoy! When you're through, pass the book along to someone else who will appreciate it. We can all track this book's journey and the lives it touches forever more!

Thank You!