corner corner Ireland : A Novel

Ireland : A Novel
by Frank Delaney | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingstarrdustwing of Cookstown, Ontario Canada on Friday, April 14, 2006

status (set by starrdust): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingstarrdustwing from Cookstown, Ontario Canada on Friday, April 14, 2006

Received this as a gift for my Birthday, and am really looking forward to reading it.

Registered for the Race to Three Million.

From the back cover: "In the winter of 1951, a storyteller arrives at the home of nine-year-old Ronan O'Mara in the Irish countryside. The last practitioner of an honored, centuries-old tradition, the Seanchai enthralls his assembled audience for three evenings running with narratives of foolish kings and fabled saints, of enduring accomplishments and selfless acts - - until he is banished from the household for blasphemy and moves on. But these three incomparable nights have changed young Ronan forever, setting him on the course he will follow for years to come - - as he pursues the elusive, itinerant storyteller . . . and the magical tales that are no less than the glorious saga of his tenacious, troubled, and extraordinary isle."

Journal Entry 2 by wingstarrdustwing from Cookstown, Ontario Canada on Saturday, January 20, 2007

I'm glad I had the chance to read this book. It took me a while to get into it, and I came back to it several times before I found myself connected to the story. Once it came together for me, I gained a fuller appreciation for the book and the style of writing. Many stories within the story, and I learned much of the history and folklore of Ireland. Passing on to davethetech.

Journal Entry 3 by davethetech from Cookstown, Ontario Canada on Saturday, January 20, 2007

Received this one from starrdust - putting on my TBR pile.

Journal Entry 4 by davethetech from Cookstown, Ontario Canada on Saturday, November 17, 2007

Finished reading this book and really enjoyed it - - it was one of the better books I've read. Will be passing this one on to my sister-in-law next.

Journal Entry 5 by davethetech at Cookstown, Ontario Canada on Sunday, February 27, 2011

Released 3 yrs ago (2/27/2011 UTC) at Cookstown, Ontario Canada

My sister-in-law read this book and returned it. Passing it back to starrdust

Journal Entry 6 by wingstarrdustwing at Cookstown, Ontario Canada on Thursday, March 03, 2011

Will release this one for the Irish Challenge

Journal Entry 7 by wingstarrdustwing at Royal Bank in Cookstown, Ontario Canada on Thursday, March 03, 2011

Released 3 yrs ago (3/2/2011 UTC) at Royal Bank in Cookstown, Ontario Canada

Left on top of the ATM in the kiosk.
Released for the 2011 Celebrate the Irish Challenge
Also released for the Oh, The Places We Can Go! 2011 Challenge

To the finder of this book:
Hello and congratulations! You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. I hope that you will write a journal entry letting me know that the book has been found, and that you'll stick around a bit and get to know Bookcrossing. Feel free to read and keep this book, or to pass it on to a friend or even set it out "in the wild" for someone else to find like you did. And if you do choose to join, I hope you'll consider using me, starrdust, as your referring member.

Happy reading!