corner corner Hotel du Lac (Panther Books)

Hotel du Lac (Panther Books)
by Anita Brookner | Other
Registered by wubbaducky of not specified on 4/13/2006

status (set by SwanOfKennet): permanent collection

Journal Entry 1 by wubbaducky from not specified, not specified not specified on Thursday, April 13, 2006

Dupe copy - put into Raeliz64's mixed fiction bookbox

Journal Entry 2 by wilksie from Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, August 25, 2006

Taken out of Raeliz64's Fiction Mix Bookbox.

Sounds interesting :-)

Journal Entry 3 by wilksie from Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, January 29, 2010

Oops! Didn't realise that I had kept this for so long. I tried to read it and got about a third of the way through. It was well written, there may even have been some elements of subtle humour but I found the characters, setting and plot to be so boring that I couldn’t continue. Amazingly, this book was written in 1984. It felt like a throwback to the 1930s. It just wasn't for me, I'm afraid.

I'm sending it to my NSSVS partner as it is on her wishlist - hopefully she will enjoy it more than I did :-)

Journal Entry 4 by SwanOfKennet from Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria United Kingdom on Monday, February 15, 2010

Found in my NSSVS package!

A contribution to my project of reading all the Booker winners.

Journal Entry 5 by SwanOfKennet at Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Took me a little while to get into this, but once it began to pick up momentum I was hooked and ended up sitting up late to finish it. A bittersweet book full of subtle, refined, but sharply-barbed wit as well as pathos that will repay repeated reading I'm sure.