corner corner Lucia Lucia : A Novel (Ballantine Reader's Circle)

Lucia Lucia : A Novel (Ballantine Reader's Circle)
by Adriana Trigiani | Literature & Fiction
Registered by loveamystery of Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on 4/9/2006

status (set by jneni): available

Journal Entry 1 by loveamystery from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Sunday, April 09, 2006

From the back cover: "It is 1950 in glittering, vibrant New York City. Lucia Sartori is the beautiful twenty-five-year-old daughter of a prosperous Italian grocer in Greenwich Village. The post-war boom is ripe with opportunities for talented girls with ambition, and Lucia becomes an apprentice to an up-and-coming designer at chic B. Altman department store on Fifth Avenue. Engaged to her childhood sweetheart, the steadfast Dante DeMartino, Lucia is torn when she meets a handsome stranger who promises a life of uptown luxury that career girls like her only read about in the society pages. Forced to choose between duty to her family and her own dreams, Lucia finds herself in the midst of a sizzling scandal in which secrets are revealed, her beloved career is jeopardized, and the Sartori's honor is tested."

Journal Entry 2 by loveamystery from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Thursday, January 08, 2009

I liked this very moving story of an Italian-American girl living in New York in the fifties. It is a thought-provoking look at the cultural values of the time and how they influenced Lucia and her family.

Journal Entry 3 by loveamystery at controlled release, a controlled release -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, January 29, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (1/29/2009 UTC) at controlled release, a controlled release -- Controlled Releases

This book is now on its way to klaradyn, who chose it out of my Two Worlds Virtual Bookbox. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by klaradyn from Praha, Praha Czech Republic on Thursday, April 09, 2009

Arrived today. Thanks so much, loveamystery! I look forward to reading this one.

Journal Entry 5 by klaradyn from Praha, Praha Czech Republic on Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I loved this book, and especially enjoyed reading about the changing world of fashion and style during this time period. I have another Trigiani book TBR, and really hope it has a happier ending than the two I've already read!

Journal Entry 6 by klaradyn at Cape Town, Western Cape South Africa on Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (4/28/2009 UTC) at Cape Town, Western Cape South Africa

On the way to jneni in Singapore, who will release the book on her visit to China.

My book # 34 for guinvave's Keep Them Moving challenge.

Journal Entry 7 by jneni on Monday, May 25, 2009

Oh my god ... :/ the book didn't arrive before I left for China. So sorry about that klaradyn. I'll email you and see what can be done about this...