corner corner Wicked- The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West

by Gregory Maguire | Literature & Fiction
Registered by dee831 of Chardon, Ohio USA on Monday, April 03, 2006

status (set by dee831): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by dee831 from Chardon, Ohio USA on Monday, April 03, 2006

Received today from a TitleTrader.com member.

Started: 10/10/09
Finished: 11/19/09 Finally!!!

I really didn't care for this book. It was dark but there were some sections that were rather comical. For the most part it seemed to drone on where the author tried very hard to make it interesting but was unsuccessful. It contained too much political nonsense for me and I guess I just expected too much from it. I can't believe there was so much hype over it. Only in the last 10 pages or so of the entire book, where everything finally comes to climax, did it make sense... It is true though, I probably won't look at the Wizard of Oz in the same light again.

I have tickets to see the play, which I hear is totally different from the book. So, I'll be back and to give my review of the play as a comparison.

11/25/09: Play was excellent! Light, fun and quirky. Went with BJ531, we had fantastic seats!

11/29/09 Lent book to MIL
2/14/10 Returned

Available at PaperBackSwap.com

Journal Entry 2 by dee831 at Chardon, Ohio USA on Monday, May 31, 2010

Released 3 yrs ago (6/1/2010 UTC) at Chardon, Ohio USA

Being sent to PBS member in VA

Congratulations! This is a very special book! It's been liberated. That is, it's absolutely FREE - a gift from me to you. Please take it home & enjoy! Keep it if you wish, or read and re-release for someone else to enjoy.

The individuals who are part of BookCrossing.com just like to spread the joy of reading by leaving books "in the wild" or trading them directly with other members. Our greatest joy is knowing that someone has found and is enjoying the books.

If you wish to join, please register first before leaving a journal and list me as the referring member, dee831. Thanks for visiting!

Come back and tell me what you thought of the book, where you found it, or just to say hi!