corner corner Colouring Doodles - Floral

Colouring Doodles - Floral
by No Author | Other
Registered by jessibud of Toronto, Ontario Canada on 4/1/2006

status (set by lostbookisland): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by jessibud from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Saturday, April 01, 2006

A wonderful colouring book filled with intricately drawn and beautiful pictures of floral designs. I am scattering these flowers to the wind, in the disguise of my Spring Has Sprung bookring. And hope *springs* eternal that it will return home to me as a full-grown, colourful bouquet! I'll post a list of participants as soon as I have a few takers!

Journal Entry 2 by jessibud from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Monday, April 03, 2006

Here is the list, as it now stands. There are 24 pages, 2 each of 12 different pictures. Since I want to colour one, also, and since there has been such a good response, I am asking at this time that each person only choose and colour ONE page. Also, since the pictures are not back-to-back (that is, the back of each is plain white), if you want to use markers that might *bleed* through, that would be ok if you just place a piece of cardboard behind your picture as you colour, so it doesn't accidentally wreck the next page.

Also, please try to complete your picture and pass it along within 2 to 3 weeks. I know this may sound like a lot for one colouring page but when you see how intricate the pictures are, you will thank me! ;-) And most important, PLEASE don't forget to journal when you receive the book and when you are done!

Oh, and if you are able to add a photo to your journal notes, all the better! :-)

I will try to honour my own rules and finish my picture quickly in order to get it on its way! Have fun, and thanks, everyone! (if anyone wants or needs me to tweak the order in this list, just PM me and I'm happy to do it)

1 - Funsour - Ontario, Canada
21- Ebumu - NY, USA
22- Bookgirrl - Toronto, Ontario

and back home to me!

Now CLOSED.

Journal Entry 3 by jessibud from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Monday, April 17, 2006

I mailed this out to Funsour this morning.

Journal Entry 4 by funsour from Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario Canada on Monday, April 24, 2006

This arrived last week (thanks for including me) which was great timing as I 1)just finished my bit of another colouring bookring and 2)we are drawing plans for the gardens around the house. I started last night and am only 10% done the work on my picture....what detail!

Journal Entry 5 by funsour at -- Controlled Release in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario Canada on Monday, May 01, 2006

Released 11 yrs ago (5/1/2006 UTC) at -- Controlled Release in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario Canada

sent along in the ring to Amberkatze in Austria
sent surface for $6 as air would have cost...$40

Journal Entry 6 by Amberkatze from Wien Bezirk 10 - Favoriten, Wien Austria on Tuesday, May 09, 2006

This arrived this morning! Thank you Jessibud for letting me take part and thanks Funsour for sending this on (obviously the 6 dollars was well spent to post this! Surface usually take 2 months).

I have already picked the picture I want to colour! I will try and start it this week but have to tell you now that I am away next week so I may not get this done in the 2-3 weeks. I hope however that I will! Now I just have to find my coloured pencils...I know they are around here somewhere!

Journal Entry 7 by Amberkatze from Wien Bezirk 10 - Favoriten, Wien Austria on Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Just an update!

I got back from my holiday in Edinburgh last night and have spent the most of today catching up with emails etc. I hope to get my page finished this week and the book sent on to the next person next week.

Journal Entry 8 by Amberkatze from Wien Bezirk 10 - Favoriten, Wien Austria on Monday, May 29, 2006

I finished this last night! I had so much fun colouring this in but it was hard to find the time to sit down and pay it the attention it needed!

I tried to take a picture to post but it didn't come out and I don't have a scanner...but my picture is best viewed by holiding it up to catch the light :)

Thanks for letting me be a part of this!

Journal Entry 9 by over-the-moon from Lausanne, Vaud Switzerland on Tuesday, June 06, 2006

just received - thanks amberkatze and jessibud. I hope I don't make a mess of this, am feeling nervous!
amberkatze, if you like, I can take a photo of your page and post it here.

Here's amberkatze's which is very pretty and glittery

Journal Entry 10 by over-the-moon from Lausanne, Vaud Switzerland on Friday, June 09, 2006

and I did mine, which I thought would be easy! A mixture of watercolour for the background painting of Mt Fuji, and brushtip pens. Ready to send on to Wales

Journal Entry 11 by over-the-moon from Lausanne, Vaud Switzerland on Tuesday, June 20, 2006

mailed to al3xa yesterday, sorry for hold-up, I had houseguests who kept me busy all week.

Journal Entry 12 by al3xa from Swansea, Wales United Kingdom on Tuesday, July 04, 2006

*Catch* "right..." *mockClapsHandsTogether* "where are my colours?..." *manicsearch* :)

thank you! for this fantastic release of creative colouring energy... it all went a tinsy psychadelic... maybee i should have stoped drinking the beer... or the sun... or both! :)

Journal Entry 13 by TracyR on Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Arrived with me this morning and i am looking forward to getting started. I haven't coloured a picture for years so this should be fun.

Journal Entry 14 by TracyR on Monday, September 18, 2006

I have almost finished my picture and am waiting for the next address to send it on to.
This actually took me a lot longer than i was expecting. I have managed to get a little done now and again inbetween working etc.
Thanks for including me in this and making me feel like a kid again. It was fun.

Journal Entry 15 by ktwalker from Aston, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 08, 2006

recieved this a while ago and then completely forgot about it, anyway i had fun doing my page. will now pm next person on list.

Journal Entry 16 by vicar-of-dibley from Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, January 06, 2007

was on my desk today not been in the office since crimbo eve so may have been there a while

Journal Entry 17 by vicar-of-dibley from Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 20, 2007

i am an evil book staller , im so sorry I'd put it aside to do and it got buried and I forgot kill me now

i'll get it going right away

Journal Entry 18 by lostbookisland on Friday, November 16, 2007

This book has washed ashore at the Lost Book Island after not being heard from for many months. This new arrival will be shown to a room and be allowed a bit of rest before being introduced to the many fun things to do here at the island.

All around there are books sipping cool drinks under shady palms while other books participate in a wide variety of beach sports. There is plenty of sand, surf and sun here for all of the lost and wayward books to enjoy.

It is hoped that very soon a new journal entry will come to rescue this book from the island and send it back out into the BookCrossing world so that it may continue on its journey. It is hoped that the new journal entry will tell all the interested parties where this book has been this long time and where it will be traveling to next.