corner corner The Man Who Sold The Moon

The Man Who Sold The Moon
by Robert Heinlein | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by Trelk of Grand-Lancy, Genève Switzerland on Friday, March 31, 2006

status (set by Trelk): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Trelk from Grand-Lancy, Genève Switzerland on Friday, March 31, 2006

"When I was a kid practically nobody believed that men would ever reach the Moon. You have seen rockets all your lives, and the first to reach the Moon got there before you were a young boy. When I was a boy they laughed at the idea.
"But I believed--I believed. I read Verne, and Wells, and Smith, and I believed that we could do it--that we would do it. I set my heart on being one of the men to walk the surface of the Moon, to see her other side, and to look back on the face of the Earth, hanging in the sky.
"I used to go without my lunches to pay my dues in the American Rocket Society, because I wanted to believe that I was helping to bring the day nearer when we would reach the Moon. I was already an old man when that day arrived. I've lived longer than I should, but I would not let myself die . . . I will not!--until I have set foot on the Moon."

This copy will go on a bookray.

The list so far :

8. TomHl (USA)
9. Erishkigal (USA)
10. efs300 (USA)
...

(order might change depending on location & shipping preferences)

Could you please :

1. Make a quick journal entry when you receive the book.

2. Try to read and send on within 30-45 days - or make a journal entry if you need longer so that we know the book is still in a safe place. When you're reaching the end of the book, PM next on the list for shipping address

3. Make a journal entry where you will share your impressions if you feel like it and indicate when you have sent the book to its next reader.

And of course, feel free to use the cheapest method of shipping available.

Happy reading !

Journal Entry 2 by Trelk from Grand-Lancy, Genève Switzerland on Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The book is all dressed-up and ready for its long trip from Switzerland to Canada where I'm sure Juicy-comrade will provide good shelter and care during its stay.

Edit : Shipped on April 7th.

Journal Entry 3 by juicy-comrade from Victoria, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The book came in the mail today along with a pair of caramel lollipops to add to my collection of Easter candies. Thank you very much, Trelk.

Journal Entry 4 by juicy-comrade from Victoria, British Columbia Canada on Sunday, May 07, 2006

I had very little time to spend with this book because final exams make this a busy time of year. But the realism of the story-telling made the book easier to pick up and start again without getting me too lost and confusing the plot. In other words, the stories aren't ruined if you can't remember which character is which. Although I wouldn't be surprised to find that the book is even more enjoyable when read at a more steady rate.

I'll be able to send the book off to vexter on Monday.

Journal Entry 5 by vexter from Ljubljana, Osrednja Slovenija - Okolica Ljubljane in Ljubljana Slovenia on Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Received the book today - thank you juicy-comrade! Will try to read the book over the weekend, but I can't promise anything.

Btw, this is the very first bookring book I've received, so hurray for bookrings! :D

Journal Entry 6 by vexter from Ljubljana, Osrednja Slovenija - Okolica Ljubljane in Ljubljana Slovenia on Monday, May 29, 2006

These stories are a nice example of that unique fascination with science and a world of possibilities stemming from scientific discoveries that I think is the very core of science fiction. (Heh, science and fiction, get it? :)) I think we've become too disappointed with science to have that kind of enthusiasm anymore.

I sent the boook to palomikus today, I hope it'll have a safe journey.

Journal Entry 7 by palomikus from Bratislava, not specified not specified on Thursday, June 01, 2006

I received book today! Thak you vexter! :)

I want start book this weekend...

This is my firts bookring too :) I like it! :)

Journal Entry 8 by Trelk from Grand-Lancy, Genève Switzerland on Tuesday, June 19, 2007

THIS BOOKRING APPEARS TO BE STALLED OR MAYBE GOT LOST IN THE MAIL