corner corner All Fun and Games Until Somebody Loses an Eye

All Fun and Games Until Somebody Loses an Eye
by Christopher Brookmyre | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by Betty22 of Wandsworth, Greater London United Kingdom on 3/27/2006

status (set by Rillaith): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by Betty22 from Wandsworth, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, March 27, 2006

This was passed on to me by my lovely friend Robin in Edinburgh. It was my first encounter with Christopher Brookmyre and I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It did take me a while to get into, and I was worried about offending the giver by telling him I couldn't get into it, but it was worth wading through the first chapter as I was quickly hooked.
I can't wait to read more by him and I hope you enjoy this too.

Journal Entry 2 by Betty22 at The Pottery , Park Road in Kingston upon Thames, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, March 27, 2006

Released 12 yrs ago (3/28/2006 UTC) at The Pottery , Park Road in Kingston upon Thames, Greater London United Kingdom

Taking this to the Kingston meet up tomorrow night where hopefully it will continue it's journey. Can thoroughly recommend this as a good read. Come and find it!

Journal Entry 3 by UrbanSpaceman from Kingston upon Thames, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Picked this up at the Kingston Meetup tonight. Onto the TBR pile...

Journal Entry 4 by UrbanSpaceman from Kingston upon Thames, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I haven't read any Brookmyre before, so I wasn't sure what I was getting. The first two chapters confused me a bit. First hi-tech espionage and then hoovering in East Kilbride? However, the story arc soon became apparent and I just stretched back and enjoyed the ride. I could quite see this being made into a film - it had that sort of feel to it. And even my physicist quibble about the McGuffin got addressed in the end!

Journal Entry 5 by Rillaith from Wokingham, Berkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Looks like a good read, so snaffled from tonight's meet up.