corner corner The Kite Runner

The Kite Runner
by Khaled Hosseini | Literature & Fiction
Registered by lovemylife of Campbellsport, Wisconsin USA on 3/24/2006

status (set by butterfly-noir): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by lovemylife from Campbellsport, Wisconsin USA on Friday, March 24, 2006

This is the story about two boys who are friends. One is born inoto a wealthy family, and the other is the son of their gardener. It takes place just when the monarchy comes to an end in Afghanistan.
So the story also has political overtones.

Journal Entry 2 by PepperVL from Cincinnati, Ohio USA on Friday, April 14, 2006

This arrived this week. Thanks for sending it.

Journal Entry 3 by PepperVL from Cincinnati, Ohio USA on Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Mount TBR is huge at the moment and I'm just not going to have time to read it all, so this is getting passed on unread.

However, it is on my Boxing Day exchange partner's wishlist, so that worked out perfectly...it's going on to her.

Journal Entry 4 by Sidney1220 from McLean, Virginia USA on Monday, January 08, 2007

Received a box with all kinds of goodies today! Thanks Pepper! Can't wait for it to get cold so I can try out the matching winter gear. And Raisinets are my favorite movie snack....

1/28/07 Reserved for Brewski via Clif's 100 Most Wished For Books Relay.

Journal Entry 5 by Sidney1220 from McLean, Virginia USA on Monday, February 26, 2007

This book wasn't as good as I expected it to be. It wasn't bad or anything, but I thought that Hassan was a much more interesting character and that the first half about the boys' childhood was much more effective. Everything after that was kind of blah and Amir's redemption came way too late for me to care about him given how much damage he has done with his lies and selfishness.

3/16/07 Mailed at the post office.

Journal Entry 6 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Thanks Sidney1220, this arrived in the mail today. I'm looking forward to reading this in the very near future...as in today :)

Journal Entry 7 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Saturday, March 31, 2007

This was quite an enjoyable novel. The story was compelling and had me turning page after page to see how things would turn out for young Amir and Hassan. The setting for the story was vividly detailed, and had me picturing flocks of kites dancing in the air. All in all, a very enjoyable read.

Journal Entry 8 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Accepted by butterfly-noir on the Hot Titles relay. This will be heading off to Portugal very soon.

Journal Entry 9 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I just dropped this in the mail this morning. I'm not sure how long this will take since I was forced to send it via surface mail due to the cost, but I hope you enjoy it once it arrives :)

Journal Entry 10 by butterfly-noir from Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Thursday, May 01, 2008

thank you brewsky for sending this book. I'm sorry for not giving news sonner.