corner corner The Seville Communion

The Seville Communion
by Arturo Perez-Reverte | Literature & Fiction
Registered by ajsmom of Quesnel, British Columbia Canada on 3/20/2006

status (set by Jamilae): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by ajsmom from Quesnel, British Columbia Canada on Monday, March 20, 2006

The Blurb: Someone has hacked into the Pope's personal computer, not to spy on the Vatican, but to send an urgent plea for help: SAVE OUR LADY OF THE TEARS. The crumbling Baroque church in the heart of Seville is slated for demolition - but two of its defenders have suddenly died. Accidents? Or murders? And was the church itself somehow involved? Father Lorenzo Quart is dispatched to investigate the situation - and stay alive while doing so. Thus begins this sophisticated and utterly suspenseful page-turner. A superb entertainment, The Seville Communion is an intricate thriller that has taken readers by storm.

Journal Entry 2 by ajsmom from Quesnel, British Columbia Canada on Thursday, April 27, 2006

Enjoyable, but not as good as The Flanders Panel or The Club Dumas. I think his strength lies in his historically-based novels (even if the painting in The Flanders Panel was made up) - this smarted a little of The DaVinci Code/Catholic Church stuff - which took away from the whole "whodunnit" of the book. Still, a nice escape.

Journal Entry 3 by ajsmom at Sent by mail in fellow bookcrosser, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, August 31, 2006

Released 11 yrs ago (8/31/2006 UTC) at Sent by mail in fellow bookcrosser, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Sent to soleille in exchange for wings for....I haven't decided yet, but I will let her know!

Journal Entry 4 by wingsoleillewing from Leipzig, Sachsen Germany on Friday, October 13, 2006

Thank you, the package has arrived today and the credit card is itching to say thanks as well- please let me know who is going to flutter for this book :O)

Journal Entry 5 by wingsoleillewing from Leipzig, Sachsen Germany on Saturday, January 27, 2007

I've read this quite a while ago, but everytime I want to make a journal entry the site dies on me, so here's the next try:
It is the first book by the author that I've actually read, and I really enjoyed it- I don't mind the sinsiter church stuff, in fact, I like that even- and am not ashamed to say I enjoyed the Da Vinci Code as well :O)
The story was well done in my opinion, I didn't figure anything out until the very conclusion, and the characters are really likeable. If this is one of the weaker Perez-Reverte books, I'll definitely have to look out for his others!

Journal Entry 6 by Biochemikerin from Bremen, Bremen Germany on Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Took today from the MeetUpTable. :)

After reading reserved for Jamilae.

Journal Entry 7 by Biochemikerin from Bremen, Bremen Germany on Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Done reading today. First it was a bit difficult for me, because I don't read often english language, but I really liked the story and think I'll read another book of the author.

Book is staying in my real shelf till it goes to Jamilae.

Journal Entry 8 by Biochemikerin from Bremen, Bremen Germany on Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Will come with me to our mettup today, will be given to Jamilae.

Journal Entry 9 by Jamilae from Rottenburg am Neckar, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Wednesday, March 28, 2007

got it yesterday from Biochemikerin at the 1st meetup in Merseburg. Now it will move to the south of Germany.