corner corner A Cook's Tour : Global Adventures in Extreme Cuisines

A Cook's Tour : Global Adventures in Extreme Cuisines
by Anthony Bourdain | Cooking, Food & Wine
Registered by BuncoBabe of Prescott, Arizona USA on 3/19/2006

status (set by WallysGrrl): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by BuncoBabe from Prescott, Arizona USA on Sunday, March 19, 2006

Registered for the Race to 3 Million Books challenge. Reserved for Firegirl.

Journal Entry 2 by wingFiregirlwing from Annandale, Virginia USA on Thursday, April 13, 2006

Oh yay -- thanks so much! I recently listened to an abridged version of this as an audiobook and definitely am looking forward to reading the whole thing. I've also made a pretty big list of friends and family who I know would enjoy it. I can't promise any of them will make journal entries, but this will definitely be a well-traveled, well-enjoyed book. Thanks so much for the trade, BuncoBabe!

Journal Entry 3 by wingFiregirlwing from Annandale, Virginia USA on Friday, April 21, 2006

I'm sending this book down to Tucson to visit my father and stepmother as I know they're really enjoy it. If they don't make an entry, I definitely will, letting everyone know what they thought. When the book comes back to me, it'll probably go out again to a friend to read. Thanks again, BuncoBabe!

Journal Entry 4 by wingFiregirlwing from Annandale, Virginia USA on Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Well, this book has come back to me and is about to go out again. My father and stepmother didn't have too much to say about it. I asked them about it and they kind of exchanged a look and shrugged, finally my stepmother admitted that she hadn't finished it. I was surprised at that; they're both world travelers and my stepmother is quite the cook, so I thought this would be right up her alley. Maybe it doesn't read as well as it sounded on audiobook? At any rate, I'm sending it off to my mother in New Mexico in the next few days. When she's finished with it, she'll be passing it on directly to my boyfriend who is currently living in New York. If nothing else, it'll be well-traveled!

Journal Entry 5 by wingFiregirlwing from Annandale, Virginia USA on Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Okay, so I must just be passing this on totally the wrong people. I *finally* got it back from my mother (the boyfriend and I having since broken up) who also didn't finish it. Hmphm. I don't get it -- I just love Anthony Bourdain!! I think I'll hold on this for just a tad bit longer and test my "you should read this" theory one more time. If that fails, I'll wild release it. I promise.

Journal Entry 6 by wingFiregirlwing from Annandale, Virginia USA on Monday, April 21, 2008

All right. I give up. My friends obviously have no taste. Maybe the wonderful people who will be attending this year's Albuquerque Pridefest will prove to have more refined book palates. I'm sending this off to Jare for his BC table there later this year.

Journal Entry 7 by jare from Hudson, Florida USA on Friday, April 25, 2008

Got this today, for our BC table at Pridefest, thank you so much!

Journal Entry 8 by ZiaBookCrossers from Albuquerque, New Mexico USA on Friday, April 25, 2008

Reserved for a Bookcrossing table at Albuquerque Pridefest on June 14, 2008!

Journal Entry 9 by WallysGrrl at Albuquerque, New Mexico USA on Thursday, November 14, 2013

Registering the book is difficult. The book itself is, of course, amazing, as are all the Bourdain books and experiences.