corner corner Dinosaur Summer

Dinosaur Summer
by Greg Bear | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by winghyphen8wing of Honolulu, Hawaii USA on 8/30/2009

status (set by 2012): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, August 30, 2009

Greg Bear's story takes place a generation or two after the events of The Lost World...so I had to use one of the Lost Book bookplates, didn't I?

I enjoyed the little illustrations and I loved the stuff about Ray Harryhausen, the king of stop-motion animation monsters.

Hm..I wonder if any of the participants in the Lost World bookrings would be interested in reading this?

I see that The Lost Book is already running a ring for this, but I thought I'd try to do a ray for this book anyway. Taking names now...PM me or post in the forum thread..or better yet, do both!

Journal Entry 2 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Friday, September 25, 2009

Looks like this may be a very short bookray, but who knows, someone else might still sign up!

1. Jozebedee, UK
2. 2012, Finland <- book is here!
3. ???

Please try not to keep for longer than a month, and send to the next person by whatever means you prefer. Please check here before sending the book on in case I've added anyone to the list.

Enjoy!

Note: 2012 is willing to mail internationally if needed, so signups from anywhere are welcome!

Journal Entry 3 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Friday, September 25, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (9/25/2009 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Mailed to Jozebedee today. We don't have international surface mail any more, so it shouldn't take too long...

Journal Entry 4 by TheLostBook from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Many thanks hyphen8 for using a Lost Book bookplate in this copy of Dinosaur Summer. That means this book is now an honourary part of The Lost World Read 2009 (the UK's largest reading campaign - now worldwide!) and The Lost Book.

The Lost World Read gave away tens of thousands of copies of Arthur Conan Doyle's The Lost World - a classic adventure tale of a lost plateau, discovery and dinosaurs. It's great that hyphen8's made this book, a "sequel" written by Greg Bear, part of the project.

The Lost Book is an animated web series following the adventures of investigative journalist Aileen and her dog Watson as they solve the crime of a stolen book. The six-part story was written by visitors to the website between January and July 2009 – anyone at all, of any age, anywhere in the world could join in. It features both BookCrossing and dinosaurs!

We'll look forward to hearing what future readers of Dinosaur Summer thought of the book and to following its travels.

Journal Entry 5 by Jozebedee from Nantwich, Cheshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Just arrived in the post! This looks great! Thanks hyphen8 :)

EDIT: Apologies for holding up this ray hyphen8! I have been swamped! I have another 4 books to get through, but aim to have this moving again in about 3 weeks time.

Journal Entry 6 by Jozebedee from Nantwich, Cheshire United Kingdom on Sunday, January 31, 2010

I have enjoyed this a lot - it is just my sort of book - one you can become totally lost in! A good old fashioned adventure story, full of weird and wonderful creatures. This follows on well from Arthur Conan Doyle's The Lost World - I also thought it was interesting to see the after effects of the discovery at El Grande, with regards to how the dinosaurs were put into the circus, and also the ensuing political situation relating to the area. I would have liked the book to go into greater detail with regards to the characters, or at least the main ones anyway. It would be nice to have a sequel to learn the fate of Stiletto and Frankie :)
I have been totally engrossed in this book, and have even had dreams of my own featuring many strange creatures!! Thanks hyphen8 for the opportunity to read this book, I hadn't heard of it before, but enjoyed The Lost World and I thought this was also a great book.
I'll be sending this on to 2012 in tomorrow's post.

Journal Entry 7 by Jozebedee at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Monday, February 01, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (2/1/2010 UTC) at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Now in the post, on its way to Finland!

Journal Entry 8 by 2012 from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, February 05, 2010

Thank you! The book arrived today and I will read it asap. Sounds really interesting, I'm always into reading books on dinosaurs, even if they are fiction.

Journal Entry 9 by 2012 from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Just finished reading this. I think it was quite slow paced at first but after the halfway it got exciting.
No one else in the bookray?

Journal Entry 10 by 2012 at Helsinki-Vantaa Airport Book Swap (T2, Gate 30-31, Kainuu-tila) in Helsinki-Vantaa Airport Book Swap, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, August 11, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (8/7/2014 UTC) at Helsinki-Vantaa Airport Book Swap (T2, Gate 30-31, Kainuu-tila) in Helsinki-Vantaa Airport Book Swap, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Left the book in the Helsinki-Vantaa Airport Book Swap room.