corner corner Vets Might Fly

Vets Might Fly
by James Herriot | Pets & Animals
Registered by swan-scot of Inverness, Scotland United Kingdom on 3/6/2006

status (set by AnonymousFinder): available

Journal Entry 1 by swan-scot from Inverness, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, March 06, 2006

Synopsis
A few months of married bliss, a lovers' nest in Darrowby and the wonders of home cooking are rudely interrupted for James Herriot by the Second World War. James Herriot's fifth volume of memoirs relocates him to a training camp somewhere in England. And in between square pounding and digging for victory, he dreams of the people and livestock he left behind him. 'There are funny cases, sad cases, farm animals and pets, downright farmers, ladies of refinement, hard-bitten NCOs and of course, the immortal Siegfried and Tristan'

The usual funny Herriot.

Journal Entry 2 by swan-scot at Tantallon Castle in North Berwick, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, April 02, 2006

Released 11 yrs ago (4/2/2006 UTC) at Tantallon Castle in North Berwick, Scotland United Kingdom

Left somewhere within the castle grounds.

Read about the history of Tantallon Castle here
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you are new to BookCrossing and find this book and this site; welcome! Enjoy the site, the book and hopefully the BookCrossing community. I hope you'll join BookCrossing (doesn't cost anything to join!) and if you do, please feel free to send me a Private Message, by clicking on the name “swan-scot”, to ask for help with anything.

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Friday, March 05, 2010

I always enjoy James exploits and adventures , I bought this one in the local Salvation Army for $1 , and it will become part of a Camp Library 200 km. south of Ft.Mac serving the heavy oil industry, I hope it travels far and well

CAUGHT IN FORT MCMURRAY ALBERTA CANADA