corner corner C.S. Lewis letters to children

C.S. Lewis letters to children
by C.S. Lewis | Biographies & Memoirs
Registered by rednumbertwo of Ottawa, Ontario Canada on Sunday, March 05, 2006

status (set by justabookhound): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by rednumbertwo from Ottawa, Ontario Canada on Sunday, March 05, 2006

I'm not sure if I'll re-read this one, but I do remember enjoying it. From the back cover:

"Feel grumpy? Feel old? Read C.S. Lewis: Letters to Children. You can do it in one sitting, and when you stand up you'll feel much, much better." - The Sun, Baltimore
Through his letters, C.S. Lewis shared with his young correspondents his feelings about school (he hated math), writing, and animals. And, of course, he talked about Narnia, explaining why there are only seven books in the Chronicles, how to pronounce Aslan's name, and whether Susan will be able to return to Narnia.

Journal Entry 2 by rednumbertwo from Ottawa, Ontario Canada on Monday, September 11, 2006

A nice enough read, but not exactly thrilling. Lewis has a nice way with children, never talking down to them or avoiding sort of hard questions. Good for fans of his work.

Journal Entry 3 by rednumbertwo from Ottawa, Ontario Canada on Sunday, October 01, 2006

Taking to the meetup.

Journal Entry 4 by justabookhound from Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada on Sunday, November 18, 2007

Rachel gave thi sto me months ago and I'm working my way through it.