corner corner Book the ninth: The Carnivorous carnival

Book the ninth: The Carnivorous carnival
by Lemony Snicket | Children's Books
Registered by Hobbit001 of Exeter, Devon United Kingdom on Sunday, February 26, 2006

status (set by teeney): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Hobbit001 from Exeter, Devon United Kingdom on Sunday, February 26, 2006

I think this series is quite funny, and the mystery is intriging me so I have to read the whole story if i like it or not

Journal Entry 2 by Hobbit001 from Exeter, Devon United Kingdom on Monday, October 23, 2006

planning to send to writingonpaperx

Journal Entry 3 by Hobbit001 from Exeter, Devon United Kingdom on Friday, March 16, 2007

reserved to be sent to NMReader

Journal Entry 4 by Hobbit001 from Exeter, Devon United Kingdom on Saturday, July 28, 2007

sent to NMreader

Journal Entry 5 by NMReader from Herndon, Virginia USA on Monday, August 06, 2007

Thanks for so generously sending me this book to include in my book spiral. I will try to mail over the weekend.

Journal Entry 6 by NMReader at Post Office in by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Friday, August 10, 2007

Released 7 yrs ago (8/11/2007 UTC) at Post Office in by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Will mail tomorrow when I drop off a bunch of books at my favorite PO before it closes.

Here is the order:

nattabee
HunterRyu
Deepswamp
AgdaAgulina

Journal Entry 7 by katintheboots from Ventura, California USA on Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I found this in my mailbox this evening. I'll start it immediately.

Journal Entry 8 by katintheboots from Ventura, California USA on Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I finished this book today over lunch. This is quite possibly the darkest book yet, for reasons that I can't specify without giving away the plot. This book ends on a real cliffhanger, so I am really interested to see what happens in the 10th book.

I'll hold onto this until NMReader tells me to send it on.

Journal Entry 9 by katintheboots from Ventura, California USA on Wednesday, September 05, 2007

I'll ship this to bigcurlyloz once she's moved to Glasgow in late September and sends me her new address.

Journal Entry 10 by katintheboots from Ventura, California USA on Saturday, November 03, 2007

I sent this to bigcurlyloz this afternoon along with books 7-8 and the Unauthorized Autobiography. $30+ to ship four books! I am so not a fan of the new postal rates!

Journal Entry 11 by bigcurlyloz from Hilton, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Monday, November 12, 2007

How bizarre! I thought I journalled this with other Lemony books I received today, but obviously not! Thanks again to NMReader and katintheboots.

Journal Entry 12 by bigcurlyloz from Hilton, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Sunday, March 16, 2008

After a bit of a break from reading this series, I thought I'd get going again. I was losing interest with some of the previous books, but really enjoyed The Carnivorous Carnival and picked up Book 10 straight after! It was great to see the Baudelaires use skills they'd picked up in previous books, like mob psychology, and Sunny is getting progressively more understandable! Now I'm very keen to see what happens to the Baudelaires.....

Journal Entry 13 by AnglersRest from Teignmouth, Devon United Kingdom on Saturday, March 29, 2008

Received this morning along with book 10.

Journal Entry 14 by AnglersRest from Teignmouth, Devon United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Continuing the events of Lemony Snicket's.
Now off in the post to cross-patch with books 7,8,9 & 11

Journal Entry 15 by wingCross-patchwing from Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Suddenly I have 4 new books on my pile. Thank you AnglersRest and NMReader. I'll read them and send on as soon as I can. I'm looking forward to sharing the pain with those unlucky Baudelaire children.

Journal Entry 16 by wingCross-patchwing from Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Friday, June 06, 2008

Posted off to Mary-T on Tuesday.

Journal Entry 17 by wingMary-Twing from Bretzfeld, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Monday, June 16, 2008

... I'm curious to see what is going on...
witches? fortune-tellers? Hey, I can't wait to get some time to cuddle up with those books just arrived.

21-August-08
Excitement and tension increases... :)
I liked especially that the man with pimples and the man with the hooks have been considered freaks by the audience ;)

Journal Entry 18 by ladybug74 from Dothan, Alabama USA on Friday, September 12, 2008

Received in today's mail. I look forward to continuing this series.

Journal Entry 19 by ladybug74 from Dothan, Alabama USA on Thursday, September 25, 2008

These books continue to get more interesting as suspenseful as we move along. The ending for this one was the most terrible (for the Baudelaires) and suspenseful ending so far! I like how Sunny is allowed to "grow up" a bit as the books progress. Her language skills have improved a bit and she started walking a couple of books ago. The later books in the series are definitely more interesting than the first ones, in my opinion. I can't wait to read the rest when they head my way!

Journal Entry 20 by ladybug74 at Book Spiral, Book Spiral -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, September 25, 2008

Released 6 yrs ago (9/25/2008 UTC) at Book Spiral, Book Spiral -- Controlled Releases

mailed to imuzak12 to continue the spiral

Journal Entry 21 by imuzak12 from Virginia Beach, Virginia USA on Saturday, October 11, 2008

Received today@Key West, Florida, USA. I am going to read ASAP after my currently reading ones.

Journal Entry 22 by imuzak12 at Lawrence, Massachusetts USA on Monday, December 08, 2008

Released 5 yrs ago (12/8/2008 UTC) at Lawrence, Massachusetts USA

Mailed to the next person. USPS DC#: 9102165561353005046798

Journal Entry 23 by dastephan6 from Lawrence, Massachusetts USA on Sunday, December 14, 2008

recieved in the mail this weekend

Journal Entry 24 by dastephan6 at Bookrelay, A Book Relay -- Controlled Releases on Monday, February 02, 2009

Released 5 yrs ago (2/2/2009 UTC) at Bookrelay, A Book Relay -- Controlled Releases

off to the next reader

Journal Entry 25 by BecksterCa from Willits, California USA on Saturday, March 07, 2009

just received this book. looking forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 26 by wingHunterRyuwing from West Norriton, Pennsylvania USA on Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Books 6, 7, 8, & 9 all arrived safely in the mail. I will be reading them one at a time and sending separately to the next reader as they are mostly hardbacks and travelling overseas. This means it will take a bit longer to get through the latter in the series. Thank you so much for sharing with me and I will pass along these sad little tales as soon as I can. Happy Bookcrossing!

Journal Entry 27 by wingHunterRyuwing from West Norriton, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, February 22, 2010

I have finished this book, and a few things actually surprised me! And this VFD hinting but not explaining is driving me CRAZY! AUGH! I am compelled to learn what is going on in this series!

Will be sending a paperback copy of this book along in this one's place to save a little postage on international mailing. Sorry for the delay but now I'm caught up!

Journal Entry 28 by wingHunterRyuwing at OBCZ RABCK, OBCZ -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Released 4 yrs ago (7/6/2010 UTC) at OBCZ RABCK, OBCZ -- Controlled Releases

Being mailed in a large box of books as a donation to an OBCZ in the USA in need!

Journal Entry 29 by teeney at Nashville, Illinois USA on Friday, July 16, 2010