corner corner The Little Calico and Tortoiseshell Cat Book (The Little Cat Library)

The Little Calico and Tortoiseshell Cat Book (The Little Cat Library)
by David Taylor | Pets & Animals
Registered by AngelChild of Otham, Kent United Kingdom on 2/24/2006

status (set by sugar-sugar): available

Journal Entry 1 by AngelChild from Otham, Kent United Kingdom on Friday, February 24, 2006

I found this book in the Oxfam shop the other day, and as i am now the proud owner of a "tortie" (British Shorthair) i thought i should swot up on what i need to know ;o)

Heres my little baby..... Treacle. Shes a Tortoiseshell British Shorthair :o)

Treacle!

Journal Entry 2 by AngelChild from Otham, Kent United Kingdom on Wednesday, March 01, 2006

I'm gunna offer this book up as an International Ray... The idea is you sign up, recieve and read the book, then make your journal entry where i wanna see a pic of your Tortoiseshell/Calico kitty....

RULES:

Please send the book to the next person on the list (PM'ing them for their addy) within 1 month. If you are unable to finish the book in that time please let me know so i can keep everyone updated.

Journal the book when you receive it and again when you send it on so we can all see where it is and please add a picture of your kitty to the journal entry.....

Thanks :o)

birmingham-rose (UK)
Sugar-Sugar (UK)

Journal Entry 3 by AngelChild at on Thursday, March 23, 2006

Released 11 yrs ago (3/23/2006 UTC) at

Going off to dolph1n.... 1st person on this ray.

Hope you enjoy it! :o)

Journal Entry 4 by dolph1n from Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Receigved today, thanks caffcaff. What a delightful book, it's a shame I have to pass it on!

Journal Entry 5 by dolph1n from Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 28, 2006

julie

Journal Entry 6 by dolph1n from Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Well I managed to upload the photo (thanks to caffcaff) of Julie my beautiful tortie who is no longer with me. She died 2 years ago, age 15. Her mother was ginger, father black and white. She had 3 brothers, 2 ginger and one a beautiful pale sandy colour.

Journal Entry 7 by dolph1n from Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 28, 2006

This book will soon be winging its way to Jalna. I just need the chauffeur to take me to the PO.

Journal Entry 8 by jalna from Wrexham, Wales United Kingdom on Friday, April 21, 2006

I shall be away from my computer for about 10 days, and should be ready to make another JE as soon as I get back. I think I only have one photo of my late lamented Tabitha, but I will scan that for inclusion. The little book looks fun.

PS The only photo of Tabitha isn't good enough for scanning. This is a kitten of my son's x-Siamese, Cuddles, who grew up into the most glorious long-haired cat whose name, I am ashamed to say, I have quite forgotten.

Journal Entry 9 by jalna from Wrexham, Wales United Kingdom on Thursday, May 11, 2006

This is a cute little book with some gorgeous pictures, some very good advice and lots of interesting information. The Cat Star Signs are hilarious - the description of the Cancer Cat is so true for my Fang and I am so pleased to know that as a Capricorn I am a suitable owner for her!

This picture is of a litter sister to the one in the previous JE.

Sending it on to Rahar now - so sorry for the delay.

Journal Entry 10 by wingrahar109wing from Ash Vale, Surrey United Kingdom on Saturday, May 13, 2006

Received in the post today, thank you.

Journal Entry 11 by wingrahar109wing from Ash Vale, Surrey United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Marbie

Sorry for sitting on this for so long.

A lovely little book with plenty of pictures of pussy cats and some interesting facts. I quite fancy trying some of the recipes for myself!

The photo is my cat Marbie; quite a flattering one as it doesn't show how rotund she really is!

PMing Laura0141 for her address.
ETA: Laura0141 wishes to be skipped, so now PMing bookduck for his/her details.

Journal Entry 12 by wingrahar109wing from Ash Vale, Surrey United Kingdom on Friday, December 01, 2006

Posted to bookduck yesterday(Thursday).

Journal Entry 13 by bookduck from Columbia, Tennessee USA on Thursday, January 04, 2007

A wonderful little book. Thanks so much for letting me have the chance to read it. I'll upload pictures of my kitties asap.

Requesting an address from jessibud today so it should be on its way soon.

Journal Entry 14 by jessibud from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Yay! This arrived today. Ok, caff-caff, as soon as I read it, I'm going to PM you for step-by-step instructions, in the simplest language you can, to guide me on how to add a pic of my 2 into my next journal entry.

;-)

Journal Entry 15 by jessibud from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Thursday, January 18, 2007

All done! Adorable book and am PMing the next in line.

Now, caffcaff, how do I add my own pics to a journal entry??!

Journal Entry 16 by jessibud from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Saturday, January 20, 2007

Mailed the book off to caligula03 this morning.

I am now going to attempt to add a photo or two of my own sweet torties to my journal notes.

Don't hold your breath... ;-p

Journal Entry 17 by jessibud from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Saturday, January 20, 2007

Oh my! It worked! I did it, I uploaded a pic! That was Lexi (above), looking awfully innocent, in her chair. She is really a little devil.

Ok, now for Mia...

Hmm... why didn't this one work? I did exactly what I did for the last one. Sigh. Back to the drawing board..

Still no go. Twice I've tried and twice, it appeared to be a successful download until the end when it flipped to the *edit my profile* page, without my touching a thing. I have no idea why. I may try again later...

Journal Entry 18 by caligula03 from Hayward, California USA on Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Book is here. Thanks.

Journal Entry 19 by jessibud from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Wow, that arrived quickly, Caligula!

I really wanted to try one more time to add a pic of my other cat, Mia. I will try again here and if it doesn't work, I will just delete this entry. Sorry that it will put the journal notes a tiny bit out of order but once Caligula is done and journals, it will revert back to her.

Here goes....

Wait a minute. It looks like I have to post, and then edit the pic in? Oh, I am so computer-challenged... :-(

No, it didn't work again. Never mind. Sorry.

Journal Entry 20 by AngelChild from Otham, Kent United Kingdom on Monday, January 29, 2007

Jessibud has been having problems uploading a pic of her gorgeous Mia...so i'm giving it a go...... :o)

Jessibud's Mia

Isnt she gorgeous! :o)

Journal Entry 21 by caligula03 from Hayward, California USA on Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Cute book. I read it in about half an hour.

Journal Entry 22 by caligula03 at on Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (2/16/2007 UTC) at

Mailing to bestfriends.

Journal Entry 23 by wingbestfriendswing from - Ergens in de provincie, Gelderland Netherlands on Monday, March 12, 2007

Yeah, finally in my mailbox today, together with a lovely bookmark! I had almost given up on this one as I thought it got stalled.

I will tell about my own tortoiseshell cat Tissy (now officially adopted) in my next JE and upload a picture of course. No, the cat waging its tail is not her!

Journal Entry 24 by wingbestfriendswing from - Ergens in de provincie, Gelderland Netherlands on Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Finished reading the funny little book and sent it on to Italy today.
I will tell about my "toirtie" now:

TISSY
(11 years old next May) was born at my house. I also owned her grandmother Zoë ("toirtie") and her mother Harriet (pure white, longhaired, a real miracle!!!!) who are both no longer with us.

When my eldest daughter Marin left home to go and study in a different city, she took a kitten with her for company, which was Tissy. She grew up in several different student houses. A few years ago Marin went to live in the Middle East for some time and could not take the cat with her. It came to stay with me again and has never left, as when she returned, my daughter brought home with her no less than THREE rescued stray kittens Bahreini Dilmun Cats. We figured this old lady would never get used to the young ones at her age! So she's here to stay now.

When she first came to stay, she was afraid of the dog, only wanted to sit and sleep off the ground, so I put her basket on the table (spoiled brat), otherwise she would just not come down from the first floor! The cream colored cat is her son Tobias (9), who was also allowed to use it ;-)

Journal Entry 25 by winglizzyblackwing from Kinsale, Co. Cork Ireland on Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I received the book today and already read it! It's just gorgeous, so I will probably read it again, while I wait for the address frome the next reader. Astro-cat is really funny!! I put the pic of mi tortie here, she's named Birba, that means "rascal", and we couldn't choose a better name ;) She's 6 years now, and loves my fiddle case, as you can see ;)

Thanx a lot for the ring!

Journal Entry 26 by chunniemonster from Colne, Lancashire United Kingdom on Friday, May 18, 2007

This book arrived this morning while I was still in bed. It gave me the perfect excuse to stay in bed a bit longer while I read it. I love this series. I have three other titles on my shelf, and I'm determined to read the rest of the series. Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to read this one.

If you enjoy this book as much as I did, you may be interested in reading others in this "Little Cat Book" series. I have The Little Grey Cat book, The Little Marmalade Cat book, and The Little Tabby Cat Book. I will be happy to organise a bookring for them. PM chunniemonster if you are interested.

Sadly I don't have a calico or tortoiseshell cat so I can't supply a photo, but I do have a tabby cat and 2 black & white cats.

Anyway, this journal is getting long so I had better PM Angelchild (formly known as caffcaff) about where to send this book next. Thanks again :p

Journal Entry 27 by birmingham-rose from Lichfield, Staffordshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I received this about a week ago but forgot to journal it.........Sorry!!
I have read it and loved it, as I am very much a cat person and have 3 of the little rascals.... I will try and figure out how to put a picture of them with this too.
Thank you for sharing this book AngelChild (Vikki), I loved it and will pass it onto Sugar-Sugar tonight. (Ssshhh!!! Its a surprise for her!!)

Journal Entry 28 by sugar-sugar from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Saturday, July 07, 2007

Thanks birmingham-rose, A fab little book. My tortie cat SugarPuff born 06/05/04 is typical Tauruean cat, curled up on the bed as I write this.