corner corner Murphy's Law (Molly Murphy Mysteries)

Murphy's Law (Molly Murphy Mysteries)
by Rhys Bowen | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by ink-heart of Wolfenbüttel, Niedersachsen Germany on 2/6/2006

status (set by ink-heart): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by ink-heart from Wolfenbüttel, Niedersachsen Germany on Monday, February 06, 2006

Molly Murphy always knew she'd end up in trouble, just as her mother predicted. So, when she commits murder in self-defense, she flees her cherished Ireland, and her identity, for the anonymous shores of America. When she arrives in New York and sees the welcoming promise of freedom in the Statue of Liberty, Molly begins to breathe easier. But when a man is murdered on Ellis Island, a man Molly was seen arguing with, whe becomes a prime suspect in the crime. Using her Irish charm and sharp wit, Molly escapes Ellis Island and sets out to find the wily killer on her own. Pounding the notorious streets of Hell's Kitchen and the Lower East Side, Molly makes it her desperate mission to clear her name before her deadly past comes back to haunt her new future.

This is exactly the right book to read after a long and hard day - relaxing like a hot bath. A lovely cozy mystery with all the ingredients needed to make the reader smile contentedly and go for the next book in the series. (And that's just what I'll do NOW. :o))

Molly is going to travel as a ring to:

1) Risa29
7) Schneefee
8) Laborfee
9) nicoleangela

... You?

Journal Entry 2 by Risa29 from Käerjeng, Kanton Capellen Luxembourg on Thursday, February 14, 2008

The book arrived yesterday and I've already started to read it. I like it but I will post my final review when I've finished it.

Journal Entry 3 by Risa29 from Käerjeng, Kanton Capellen Luxembourg on Thursday, February 14, 2008

It seems I have found a new series to read :-)

I liked the book very much. The main protagonist Molly Murphy is likeable person, never at loss for a comment and not one to give up until the very last moment. I like the way she doesn't let anyone get away with bullying her, however "superior" he or she might seem. That gets her constantly into trouble but being quick-witted she manages to get out of these situations.

Molly is one of those characters I don't want to part with after finishing the book. So I now will have a look for the other books in the series. If they keep the promise of this first book I will collect them in my PC.

Thank you very much ink-heart for letting me read this book and thus introducing me to this series.

19.2.2008: I sent the book on its way to Annieselan yesterday.
PS: The Amazon package with the second and the third book of the series just arrived 10 minutes ago...
;-)

Journal Entry 4 by Annieselan from Fulda, Hessen Germany on Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The book arrived today and I´m looking forward to read it.

Journal Entry 5 by Annieselan from Fulda, Hessen Germany on Sunday, February 24, 2008

I really enjoyed the book and I also found a new series to read!
Molly Murphy´s first adventure was fun to read and Molly herself is so quick-witted, charming and funny that I´m looking forward to read more. The story was good, a nice little mystery taking place in New York around 1900, with interesting characters. I´ve been a big fan of the Charlotte-&-Thomas-Pitt-mystery-series by Anne Perry for a long time now, but I think, Molly & Daniel can catch up with them. :-)

I wrote to tigertatze, asking for her adress and when she gives it to me, the book will travel on. Thank you for letting me join this bookring, ink-heart!

Journal Entry 6 by Annieselan at an einen Bookcrosser in -- Per Post/Persönliche Weitergabe--, Hessen Germany on Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (2/25/2008 UTC) at an einen Bookcrosser in -- Per Post/Persönliche Weitergabe--, Hessen Germany

Damn, I forgot the Release-Entry! The book is traveling to Tigertatze - have fun!

Journal Entry 7 by tigertatze from Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin Germany on Saturday, March 01, 2008

Heute bei mir angekommen. Danke fürs schicken!

Journal Entry 8 by tigertatze from Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin Germany on Monday, March 24, 2008

What a lovely book! I liked the characters and happy to know that there more adventures of Molly Murphy!

The book will continue to travel soon.

Journal Entry 9 by Pontoppidan from Rüdesheim am Rhein, Hessen Germany on Monday, March 31, 2008

The book arrived safely in my mailbox today. Thanks for sending.

Journal Entry 10 by Pontoppidan from Rüdesheim am Rhein, Hessen Germany on Monday, April 07, 2008

Thanks for this lovely book. It is going to travel on to chemix as soon as I get the address.

Journal Entry 11 by chemix from Göttingen, Niedersachsen Germany on Wednesday, April 09, 2008

The book arrived today.

Journal Entry 12 by chemix at per Post, An einen Bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, October 16, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (10/17/2008 UTC) at per Post, An einen Bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Geht ungelesen auf Reisen - war wohl nichts für mich...

Journal Entry 13 by baltruma from Uplengen, Niedersachsen Germany on Saturday, October 18, 2008

Arrived today and nestels to the other books of mtbr :-))

Journal Entry 14 by baltruma from Uplengen, Niedersachsen Germany on Thursday, October 30, 2008

Dieses Buch hat es geschafft, sich auf meinem MTBR ganz nach oben zu drängeln und in einem Rutsch verschlungen zu werden. Respekt!
Ein stimmiger Krimi, eine nette Hauptdarstellerin, die immer mehr Tiefe gewinnt. Ein interessanter Mord und schließlich ein glaubwürdiges Setting. Das war gut!
Trotzdem werde ich die Folgebände dieses ersten Bandes nicht mehr lesen- sonst wird das mit den Reihen zu viel!

Journal Entry 15 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Heute morgen im Dauerlauf zur S-Bahn noch schnell in der Packstation "gefunden".
Gerade gestern habe ich ein neues, dickes "Bahnbuch" angefangen, blödes Timing, aber ich freue mich einfach noch ein bisschen auf's Lesen ;-)

Journal Entry 16 by Schneefee from Hagen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Thursday, December 18, 2008

Anonymous Finder... ach, was bin ich blöd. Und ich suche mir auf meinem Shelf gerade nen Wolf nach diesem Buch *schwurbel*
started reading last night and like it so far

Journal Entry 17 by Schneefee from Hagen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Monday, December 22, 2008

This book is absolutely gorgeous. I loved it quite right from the beginning and my buzz actually didn't decrease until the end.
Whenever someone would like to ring the other Murphy-Mysteries - I'm game!

But now Molly has to stay here until next year

Journal Entry 18 by Laborfee from Braunschweig, Niedersachsen Germany on Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Molly Murphy arrived healthy and in good state.

"That mouth of yours will be getting you in big trouble some day." reads the first sentence... I think, I w'll like the book ;O)

Journal Entry 19 by Laborfee from Braunschweig, Niedersachsen Germany on Sunday, January 18, 2009

Molly Murphy had been very relaxing and de-escalating the last four or five days she attended my life. This quiet old-fashioned but nevertheless exciting and captivating story/character made me settle down a little bit from the last more or less thrilling books I read.
Imho Molly isn't that irresistible as Stephanie Plum, but for I read almost all the Plum-stories, she will be a good alternative, not at least for long-red-haired women (like Amelia Sachs... ;O) have always been my favorite leading book characters. Funnily enough, I hadn't any problems reading Molly in English (as with the Plum-humour) and it was a good chance for me to improve.

The book is almost on it's way to the last member of the bookring, nicoleangela. Thank you for pointing out on this convincing female-detective, ink-heart.

Journal Entry 20 by Nicoleangela from Eppstein, Hessen Germany on Saturday, January 24, 2009

Book was in my mailbox today. Thank you Laborfee!!!! I'm really looking forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 21 by Nicoleangela from Eppstein, Hessen Germany on Saturday, February 07, 2009

I enjoyed this book a lot. It's the perfect book to read on the train. Now the question remains: would anybody else be interested in reading this book, which I consider a page-turner, or should it go back home to ink-heart? Thanks ink-heart for introducing me to the series!

Journal Entry 22 by ink-heart from Wolfenbüttel, Niedersachsen Germany on Sunday, March 15, 2009

Molly is back home and is now being read by wespe.

Thank you to all ring participants for your comments and for being so reliable in sending the book on. Hope to read you again in another mystery (or other) bookring. :o)

Journal Entry 23 by wespe from Braunschweig, Niedersachsen Germany on Monday, March 16, 2009

I enjoyed reading the book very much. I like the protagonists and I think I will read the oter books, too.
I'll give it back to ink-heart, now.

Journal Entry 24 by ink-heart from Wolfenbüttel, Niedersachsen Germany on Saturday, March 28, 2009

Back again and available ...

Journal Entry 25 by ink-heart at The Castle in Tintagel, Cornwall United Kingdom on Thursday, June 25, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (6/30/2009 UTC) at The Castle in Tintagel, Cornwall United Kingdom

Sorry to all hunters that I can't give you a definite time and place for this release. It will probably take place between 30th June and 10th July, at the castle or somewhere on the coastal path. Have fun! :o)