corner corner Beyond This Horizon

Beyond This Horizon
by Robert A. Heinlein | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by phantomreader42 of Warner Robins, Georgia USA on 11/13/2002

status (set by phantomreader42): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by phantomreader42 from Warner Robins, Georgia USA on Wednesday, November 13, 2002

This is the story of Hamilton Felix, a superman, the culmination of a star line, each of his last thirty ancestors chosen for superior genes. He is a superior survival type, but he sees no point in mere survival. He is dissatisfied with Utopia. A secret cabal of revolutionaries plot to take over the world, and try to recruit Hamilton to their cause. Big mistake.
This was a good book. It was both entertaining and thought-provoking.
On the back cover of Heinlein's "Expanded Universe," Spider Robinson is quoted as saying "If there is anything that can divert the land of my birth from its current stampede into the Stone Age, it is the widespread dissemination of the thoughts and perceptions that Robert Heinlein has been selling as entertainment since 1939." In the spirit of that quote, I am releasing this book. Stephen King called Heinlein "Not only America's premier writer of speculative fiction, but the greatest writer of such fiction in the world." Dean Koontz said "There is no other writer whose work has exhilarated me as often and to such an extent as Heinlein."

Books by Robert A. Heinlein:
Beyond This Horizon
Friday (Second copy)
Stranger In A Strange Land
The Cat Who Walks Through Walls (Second copy)
The Door Into Summer
The Star Beast
To Sail Beyond The Sunset
I Will Fear No Evil
The Man Who Sold The Moon (older edition)
The Man Who Sold The Moon (newer edition)
Farnham's Freehold
Sixth Column
Tunnel in the Sky
Requiem
Time Enough For Love
Worlds To Come edited by Damon Knight, contains "Ordeal In Space"
First Contact edited by Damon Knight, contains "Goldfish Bowl"
New Destinies edited by Jim Baen, contains "This I Believe"

Journal Entry 2 by phantomreader42 at Hampton Inn on Harper Lee Road in Tuscaloosa, Alabama USA on Monday, November 18, 2002

Released on Saturday, November 16, 2002 at Hampton Inn on Harper Lee Road in Tuscaloosa, Alabama USA.

Left in the lobby, on a table, about 10:30am, Saturday, November 16, under a copy of Time Magazine. I passed the place where I left it on the seventeenth, and it was gone. I hope whoever found it likes it and will make a journal entry soon.