corner corner Fool's Puzzle

Fool's Puzzle
by Earlene Fowler | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by llama-mama205 of Pittsboro, North Carolina USA on 1/30/2006

status (set by craftykat): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by llama-mama205 from Pittsboro, North Carolina USA on Monday, January 30, 2006

One of the earlier Benni Harper series. Good, fast read.

6/15/06 reserved for craftykat.

Journal Entry 2 by craftykat from Appleton, Wisconsin USA on Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Received in todays mail. Thanks so much for sending to me. I can't wait to read it!!!

Journal Entry 3 by craftykat from Appleton, Wisconsin USA on Thursday, March 22, 2007

This was a fun book to read. Now on to the second in the series! I love to read series and do them in order. My mother read the Benni Harper books first and she liked them, too. That Benni is so much braver than I would ever be. I'd never work somewhere alone where someone had just been murdered. I can't wait for more books so I can get to know her Grandma Dove better. I bet she is a real hoot.

This was a fun book to spend a cold winter's night with, or in my case during my lunch hours at Subway. I recommend it to others.

I plan on reading all the books and trying to keep them together as a set before trading unless someone really, really wants them separate.

From the book:

"Leaving behind memories of her late husband, Benni's making a fresh start...Moving to the trendy California town of San Celina, she takes an exciting job as director of a folk-art museum. While setting up an exhibit of handmade quilts, she stumbles upon the body of a brutally stabbed artist---and hopes to conduct an investigation on her own. She crosses paths with the local police chief, who thinks this short and sasy cowgirl should leave detecting to the cops and join him for dinner. But it's hard to keep a country girl down, and soon Benni uncovers an alarming pattern of family secrets, small-town lies---and the shocking truth about the night her husband died..."

Journal Entry 4 by craftykat from Appleton, Wisconsin USA on Saturday, August 11, 2007

First book in the series.

Sending this book out as part of the Benni Harper series bookray I organized.

Books will be going to:

UnwrittenLibra in Baltimore, MD
iliotropio in Belgium
bilbi in France
AnglersRest in UK
silvia-pco in Portugal
LyzzyBee in UK

Please read the books and then PM the next person for their address. Some requested to get books one at a time if possible. Hope you all enjoy this series as much as I did. I am impatiently waiting for the next book.

Craftykat

Journal Entry 5 by UnwrittenLibra from Middleton, Wisconsin USA on Monday, December 10, 2007

I had already read this book by Earlene Fowler, but Kathie graciously sent it along with the bookbox. I wanted to wait until I had finished at least one more before sending this out, and now I have! So I will.

Thanks again, Kathie!

Journal Entry 6 by UnwrittenLibra from Middleton, Wisconsin USA on Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Sent this book off to iliotropio today from the post office in Pikesville, Maryland! Go, book, go!

Journal Entry 7 by iliotropio from Bruxelles / Brussel, Bruxelles / Brussel Belgium on Monday, January 14, 2008

The book arrived safely in Brussels thanks to UnwrittenLibra.

Journal Entry 8 by iliotropio from Bruxelles / Brussel, Bruxelles / Brussel Belgium on Tuesday, March 04, 2008

I enjoyed this cosy mystery very much. Thank you craftycat for having the lovely idea to introduce us fellow BXers to this series!
On its way to bilbi. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 9 by bilbi from Chambéry, Rhône-Alpes France on Thursday, March 06, 2008

Received today with three other bookrays !
I'll do my best to read all of them before Summer ;-)
Take Care !

Journal Entry 10 by bilbi from Chambéry, Rhône-Alpes France on Saturday, March 15, 2008

It was nice meeting Benni. Ortiz is great too !
Thanks for sharing it.

Journal Entry 11 by AnglersRest from Teignmouth, Devon United Kingdom on Thursday, March 20, 2008

Fabulous, this book, which I have been very keen to read has arrived today.
Just about to PM silvia-pco for an address in readiness.

Journal Entry 12 by AnglersRest from Teignmouth, Devon United Kingdom on Wednesday, March 26, 2008

In the first of the series we meet Benni Harper, a widow who is still grieving for the death of her husband and in some ways that of her in laws and the ranch where she and her husband lives. In order to try and start over Benni is reported to have moved into town and taken a job as director of a folk art museum. Just three months in to the new job, Benni discovers a murder victim and then later another victim. Is there a connection with her late husband & the first victim? No matter how much Benni upsets the local police chief Benni simply has to find out.....Looking forward to meeting Benni again and to see how her relationship with the police chief develops.

I have the address for silvia-pco, so this should be traveling to Portugal later this week.

Journal Entry 13 by silvia-pco from Murtosa, Aveiro Portugal on Wednesday, April 16, 2008

It's here!

Journal Entry 14 by silvia-pco from Murtosa, Aveiro Portugal on Saturday, October 18, 2008

I'm finaly done with this one! Sorry for the huge delay!
It's really great. In the beginning it wasn't really catching me but at a certain point I got completely hooked by the plot. Great book! :)

I'll PM LyzzyBee.

Journal Entry 15 by LyzzyBee from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Received today thank you!

I did PM you ages ago, CraftyKat, to come off this book spiral as I was collecting the books to do my own spiral. However I never managed to find more than a few of them anyway! I've read this one but not the other 2 that came with it, so I'll read those then send them back to you all together if that's OK.

I have
Dove in the Window
Mariner's Compass
Sunshine & Shadow

so could you take me off the spiral for those please if that's possible, but I'll happily have any others that come between them. they're quick to read, so I'll catch up in the meantime (I'll try to make a list of what order they all come in!)

Thanks for sending them on !

Sunshine and Shadow

Journal Entry 16 by LyzzyBee at Sent to another BookCrosser, --by post or by hand (ie ring, ray, RABCK, trade) -- Controlled Releases on Friday, July 24, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (7/25/2009 UTC) at Sent to another BookCrosser, --by post or by hand (ie ring, ray, RABCK, trade) -- Controlled Releases

Posting back to Craftykat. Will probably go Surface Mail as there's three of them together - hope that's OK!

Journal Entry 17 by craftykat from Appleton, Wisconsin USA on Friday, July 31, 2009

Received the book back from it's trip around the world. I hope everyone has enjoyed the series as much as I did. And the amazing thing is they look as good as when they left. And it came back with a postcard from Birmingham. Now I just might read them all again and then send them on their way. It's been so much fun following them ontheir journey. Thanks to everyone for all the journaling and the fun comments on the cow postcards.
craftykat

Journal Entry 18 by craftykat at Jo-Ann's Fabric Store in Appleton, Wisconsin USA on Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (9/15/2009 UTC) at Jo-Ann's Fabric Store in Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Leaving in the ladies room. Hope someone who likes to quilt and also likes to read will find it, read it, enjoy it and pass it alongs to others. It has already been on a jurney around the world so let's see how much further it can go!